NFLPA Report Card

Nonworking toilets in the locker room? WTF. 

I've heard from a subcontractor that worked on PBS (and claimed to have been stiffed on payment) that it was a complete boondoggle & most contracts awarded as favors. She thinks the only reason her company was awarded one is so they could check a box for minority & women-owned. In her opinion the whole place was falling apart before it even opened, no corner was left uncut.

JS, I was a bit skeptical but this all checks out.

091.png

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Nonworking toilets in the locker room? WTF. 

I've heard from a subcontractor that worked on PBS (and claimed to have been stiffed on payment) that it was a complete boondoggle & most contracts awarded as favors. She thinks the only reason her company was awarded one is so they could check a box for minority & women-owned. In her opinion the whole place was falling apart before it even opened, no corner was left uncut.

JS, I was a bit skeptical but this all checks out.

091.png

Mike has provided each player with 

their own toilet plungers.

They're good ones too..😎

At least they're not the Broncos, or the Cardinals, or the Chargers, or ....

Seems like a lot of players get pissy about things like daycare service and free dinner.  As far as the lack of USB chargers in their lockers - buy a fucking USB battery pack or two.  You read through these things and some of the complaints really are about first world problems.

I can see the complaint about vitamins and supplements.  Teams are probably better off providing those for the players to at least be able to say we gave you ones that were approved by the NFL, so anything you did on the side is why you failed your piss test.

2 hours ago, BBR said:

At least they're not the Broncos, or the Cardinals, or the Chargers, or ....

Seems like a lot of players get pissy about things like daycare service and free dinner.  As far as the lack of USB chargers in their lockers - buy a fucking USB battery pack or two.  You read through these things and some of the complaints really are about first world problems.

I can see the complaint about vitamins and supplements.  Teams are probably better off providing those for the players to at least be able to say we gave you ones that were approved by the NFL, so anything you did on the side is why you failed your piss test.

Some of it does sound minor, but if that's standard for NFL facilities and PBS doesnt have it... For a franchise that's had to fight the perception of being cut-rate just install some damn charging ports. Can't have out of order plumbing and someone's newborn being breastfed on a bathroom floor.  None of this stuff sounds like a major expense to solve. It's like the practice bubble; image matters more than the thing itself 

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Pfffttt.... Quit complaining.

Pittsburgh doesn't even have running water 

much less indoor shitters.

Yeah but their wives & girlfriends are allowed to graze on the field during the week free of charge.

Suck it up and take care of yourselves & family you pussies. I don't get daycare provided at my workplace, OMG. 

I don't even have a built-in dick massager at my desk I think I'll go cry like a bitch. But they don't even provide me with an emotional stability room, fuck! 

4 minutes ago, saphead said:

Suck it up and take care of yourselves & family you pussies. I don't get daycare provided at my workplace, OMG. 

I don't even have a built-in dick massager at my desk I think I'll go cry like a bitch. But they don't even provide me with an emotional stability room, fuck! 

:lol:

Yeah you pussies, sign with the one team in the NFL that doesn't offer these things! I mean you could go anywhere else and have working shitters and free meals but... Uhh.. if you do... You're uhhhh.. a pussy? Yeah! Pussies!  Real men don't care about a competitive benefits package or industry standards. 

"Vitamin supplements? My job doesn't even pay overtime you BIG PUSSY!"

Brother you're mad at the wrong people. 'Nuff said.

SMH

2 hours ago, saphead said:

They can be big boys and girls. Taking care of yourself is for big. 

Dude.  You have 2 job offers.  They pay the same. One has insurance, vacation time, a company car & Bob from accounting brings fresh donuts every Friday. 

The other place has none of those things and the toilets are always clogged.

Which job are you taking?

If you say #2 you're either lying or some kind of masochist. This isn't about being a tough guy.

Top priority should be to get the bathroom fixed. Or if we draft Joey Porter Jr, just make that bathroom Porter Sr's game day seat.

The breast feeding room if it's just for staff should be very easy to fix, find an empty room and put some things in it for that purpose.

As other have said most of this stuff is minor and wouldnt take but an offseason to fix.

It's not like the team is making them share jock-straps. 

:ninja:

46 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Dude.  You have 2 job offers.  They pay the same. One has insurance, vacation time, a company car & Bob from accounting brings fresh donuts every Friday. 

The other place has none of those things and the toilets are always clogged.

Which job are you taking?

If you say #2 you're either lying or some kind of masochist. This isn't about being a tough guy.

"Do you have any work for tomorrow?"

"Street sweeping and sewer maintenance"

"Which pays the most?"

"The one with the shit."

Season 1 Episode 1 "Last of Us"

31 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Top priority should be to get the bathroom fixed. Or if we draft Joey Porter Jr, just make that bathroom Porter Sr's game day seat.

The breast feeding room if it's just for staff should be very easy to fix, find an empty room and put some things in it for that purpose.

As other have said most of this stuff is minor and wouldnt take but an offseason to fix.

It's not like the team is making them share jock-straps. 

:ninja:

Wonky bathrooms aside, I've always figured Mikey sees a lot of these services/amenities in a very old-school way, which may not boil down to simple "cheapness".  You need to breast feed?  Well, in the old days.... 

It's very easy to rationalize stuff "was good enough for us back when" and proceed accordingly.  Especially when you're as old as Mikey and had a legend for a father who probably taught him a lot of these postures.

As we've all seen the changes away from these crappy norms in Bengaldom seem squarely the work of the Blackburn ladies, and I'd expect further such changes will come from them as well.  The best part about it is that this is directly from the players and if the Blackburns are as professional as they seem they'll ask players to be direct and open with them about this stuff (assuming they haven't been) to get the most important things fixed right now.

I do agree the bathroom problems are particularly stupid.  Is this is any way a case where the org and the county differ on whose responsibility it is?  I'm not aware of the overall contract between the two.

6 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I do agree the bathroom problems are particularly stupid.  Is this is any way a case where the org and the county differ on whose responsibility it is?  I'm not aware of the overall contract between the two.

Very good question.  I don't know the answer but ultimately I can't imagine it's helping get things done.

Some of this stuff can/will be addressed with the upcoming stadium renovations.  This would include the locker room and training room issues mentioned along with a designated space for families.

I thought the part about not providing vitamins and supplements was odd as many players also complain about not trusting team medical staffs.  I guess most of the league does it and I doubt it is overly expensive.  I just think players typically want control over what they ingest without team involvement, especially when the medical staff is perceived as biased towards the team. 

The cafeteria part makes me laugh because it seems like the Bengals open it when the players are scheduled to be there and close it when they aren’t.  Maybe I’m missing something but that seems entirely logical to me.

To me the lack of a Green Room is glaring.  The families of players can be targets of shitty fans.  They should have a place to go to hide if necessary.  Most professional franchises have a green room and it is has food and drinks as well. 

Like someone else said, this comes down to "how does the franchise treat me and my family?"  We aren't comparing being a NFL player to working in a mill.  These guys know what's going on at other franchises.  Why wouldn't they expect close to the same?  You would from your work.  If there is a job at another firm that pays similar, but provides much better benefits if you are smart you would go there.

Archived