Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 3/17/2023 at 12:59 PM, sparky151 said:

Well, when you guarantee 230 mil over 5 years and only count 20 mil on the cap in years 1 and 2 combined, it leaves some big numbers for years 3-5. That void year is the Browns saying Watson will be a free agent in 2026. 

It's going to be tough for them to cut him after 2025. He's already got a cap hit of $73mill if he's cut after the 2025 season and that's assuming they don't do another restructure. The Browns just don't know how to play this cap game

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The Browns just don't know how to play this cap game

They are about to find out that the numbers don't dissapear by just delaying them to following years.

And they guaranteed almost the entire contract, so they have no leverage for Rub&Tug to take less. Usually these deals have big 'fake' numbers on the end that the player never sees when cut early. But they have to pay him all of his money as they guaranteed it. 

It is a nightmare scenario from a team management standpoint. The only thing that can save them is if he dies or goes to prison and they can void the future numbers. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Imagine destroying your franchise for a decade for the sake of a sex offender. I know it's Cleveland but they've really outdone themselves. He didn't even look like that great of a QB. Bizarre.

imho he's never looked that good without D-Hop as his WR, when Hop left TX, Rubb and Tugg wasn't the same QB. 

If Hop ends up in Cle, that may change, but for now not so much.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

…looking like an easy season for the Jaguars in the AFC South.

Not so sure about that.

I like Desmond Ridder in Atlanta.

I think Carr makes NO better..

Carolina could topple Jax hopes of winning the division.

Looks to be a wild ride for all...

55 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

According to this guy Jackson went public requesting a trade at the same time Harbaugh started a press conference. If that isn't a big "Fuck You!" to team and management I can't imagine what is. Talk about poisoning the well (or at least pissing in it); are we reaching the irreconcilable differences point? I'm beginning to think Jackson is the epitome of the saying "He who represents himself has a fool for a client".

• Upvote 1

Lamar is an amazing wildcat RB, but no team is going to guarantee him 250 million and then design an entire offense around him, which if he's injured then can't be executed by his backup. His style of play also leaves him susceptible to injury as well. 

I actually wish the Ravens would resign him, but it looks like he's finished with the crab cakes and crack alleys of Baltimore.