Keeping our enemies close: 2023

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think any other team is willing to trade to Baltimore something they'd prefer to Lamar. So he'll either be playing on the tag this season or holding out (or getting an agent and signing a realistic deal). 

All 3 options are open..

Is he waiting for JB to sign and go from there ?

• Upvote 1

Jonah asking for a trade is our version of this. But JW is a lot less vital to the Bengals than LJ is to the Ravens. Tyler Huntley was somehow named to the Pro Bowl roster last year ahead of either Tua or Herbert but that was a joke. If Jackson leaves charm city, they are hosed, at least for this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2023 at 3:54 PM, Jungletiger said:

Lions will take a step forward, might make playoffs.

As my close friend from Michigan always tells me, “Expect the worst in Detroit, you will never be disappointed.”

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 9:00 AM, T-Dub said:

Imagine destroying your franchise for a decade for the sake of a sex offender. I know it's Cleveland but they've really outdone themselves. He didn't even look like that great of a QB. Bizarre.

Even if Watson wasn’t a serial massage therapist assaulter, it was a stupid contract. They will be tying up close to 1/3 of their cap next year on one position.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2023 at 12:20 PM, saphead said:

lol @ the Rats 

Actually, I was praying they did something stupid like Cleveland and crippled their franchise again.  They definitely learned their lesson from the Flacco deal years ago.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2023 at 12:23 PM, gupps said:

According to this guy Jackson went public requesting a trade at the same time Harbaugh started a press conference. If that isn't a big "Fuck You!" to team and management I can't imagine what is. Talk about poisoning the well (or at least pissing in it); are we reaching the irreconcilable differences point? I'm beginning to think Jackson is the epitome of the saying "He who represents himself has a fool for a client".

Jackson is literally the dumbest person on the planet.  Now any team that actually wants him knows the price just went down.   Publicly demanding a trade is just stupid.  

The reality is the word about what actually went down last year has probably spooked most of the owners.  The rumors are he probably could have played that playoff game but chose not to. Can you imagine Burrow or Mahomes sitting out a playoff game unless they were missing a limb?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Even if Watson wasn’t a serial massage therapist assaulter, it was a stupid contract. They will be tying up close to 1/3 of their cap next year on one position.  

Don't forget their first round picks for 3 (!!!) consecutive years PLUS a 3rd this year and 4th next year.

Seriously, WTF were they thinking? Did the Texans have one of their kids at gunpoint?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Don't forget their first round picks for 3 (!!!) consecutive years PLUS a 3rd this year and 4th next year.

Seriously, WTF were they thinking? Did the Texans have one of their kids at gunpoint?

Yeah, I completely forgot about the picks. So they can’t even fill positions with high round picks on rookie contracts.  They will need to use lower tier FAs to fill roster spots. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

Jackson is literally the dumbest person on the planet.  Now any team that actually wants him knows the price just went down.   Publicly demanding a trade is just stupid.  

The reality is the word about what actually went down last year has probably spooked most of the owners.  The rumors are he probably could have played that playoff game but chose not to. Can you imagine Burrow or Mahomes sitting out a playoff game unless they were missing a limb?

The point of demanding a trade was to make teams that might want Jackson to deal with Baltimore. If they just sign Jackson without a deal in place, Baltimore might match the offer, thank the other team for negotiating a contract they can live with, and look forward to the season. Jackson probably thinks his trade value is higher than the 2 first round picks Baltimore would get if they don't match an offer sheet. So a team reaching an agreement in principle with the Ravens would be his best shot at a change of scenery. Of course they'd still have to offer him a contract that he'd sign. I agree with your point that he's an idiot for not having an agent, he could have had something like the Josh Allen deal from 2021 that has paid Allen about 60 million more than Jackson has made in the last 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

I couldn't see them sitting out a playoff game even if they were missing a limb. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

The point of demanding a trade was to make teams that might want Jackson to deal with Baltimore. If they just sign Jackson without a deal in place, Baltimore might match the offer, thank the other team for negotiating a contract they can live with, and look forward to the season. Jackson probably thinks his trade value is higher than the 2 first round picks Baltimore would get if they don't match an offer sheet. So a team reaching an agreement in principle with the Ravens would be his best shot at a change of scenery. Of course they'd still have to offer him a contract that he'd sign. I agree with your point that he's an idiot for not having an agent, he could have had something like the Josh Allen deal from 2021 that has paid Allen about 60 million more than Jackson has made in the last 2 years. 

Yep, if he had an agent who could have been his advocate 24/7 he probably would have already had a Kyler Murray type deal on the books.   Worse is waiting this long has already priced him out of many club’s reach like Tampa Bay who simple don’t have the cap space. 

The agent could have set a realistic expectation and also marketed and signed  him to endorsement deals.  The guy literally has almost zero endorsements.  All for the reasonable cost of 3%.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, BENgal Solo said:

Cleveland should have called Liam Neeson.

https://youtu.be/wcjY-VN8_l4

Should've called somebody because they got BTFO..  Has to be one of the worst trades ever made. Copium supplies in Cleveland must be running dangerously low right now because this seems like "burn your jerseys on TikTok" levels of mismanagement.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

Ask Robert Griffin III about playing on a bad leg for the good of the team.  

• Upvote 2