Keeping our enemies close: 2023

As if any more evidence was needed that dirty play is the stealer way:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/30/new-steeler-keeanu-benton-mike-tomlin-told-me-he-wants-goons-out-there/

New Steeler Keeanu Benton: Mike Tomlin told me he wants goons out there

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 30, 2023, 7:09 AM EDT

Wisconsin nose tackle Keeanu Benton says he knows just what kind of player Stealers coach Mike Tomlin drafted him to be.

Benton said after the Stealers drafted him in the second round that Tomlin told him the Stealers want tough, physical players, and that Benton fits the bill.

“Just talking to Coach Tomlin, the main thing I had taken away from that was he wants goons out there, and he wants somebody who’s not afraid to get his nose dirty, and I feel like I am the best option for that guy,” Benton said, via Stealers.com.

Tomlin said that is what he told Benton, although he doesn’t know that he wants Benton calling himself a “goon” publicly.

“That’s an accurate description,” said Tomlin, “but I’ll give him some media training so he can keep some of our private conversations private.”

Benton was a four-year starter at Wisconsin who earned a reputation as a tough player to block in the Big Ten. The Stealers think he brings the kind of toughness they need.

11 minutes ago, Griever said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/30/new-steeler-keeanu-benton-mike-tomlin-told-me-he-wants-goons-out-there/

Wisconsin nose tackle Keeanu Benton says he knows just what kind of player Stealers coach Mike Tomlin drafted him to be.

Benton said after the Stealers drafted him in the second round that Tomlin told him the Stealers want tough, physical players, and that Benton fits the bill.

“Just talking to Coach Tomlin, the main thing I had taken away from that was he wants goons out there, and he wants somebody who’s not afraid to get his nose dirty, and I feel like I am the best option for that guy,” Benton said, via Stealers.com.

Tomlin said that is what he told Benton, although he doesn’t know that he wants Benton calling himself a “goon” publicly.

“That’s an accurate description,” said Tomlin, “but I’ll give him some media training so he can keep some of our private conversations private.”

Benton was a four-year starter at Wisconsin who earned a reputation as a tough player to block in the Big Ten. The Stealers think he brings the kind of toughness they need.

And Chris Collinsworth is jerking off to good ole Stealers football......

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 7:42 AM, Griever said:

Here we go again. Anyone remember Mike Mitchell? Eight years ago he announced he was gonna intentionally injure Bengals. Then he did. After crashing into Eifert's dome (and he was never the same after) the Stealers were penalized 15 yards. Later Mitchell was fined $23,000. In other words, nothing. Since we never said anything before, during, or after, it's no big surprise that Shazier felt he had carte blanche to try and decapitate Bernard with a truly vicious helmet uppercut to the chin during the wild card game. And he was right. Not only was there no flag, the Stealers were awarded a fumble recovery since Gio was knocked out cold. When Burfict clipped a flopping Brown, the Stealers were awarded 30 yards and the game. Here's an idea, instead of making fun of the Chiefs before losing the Super Bowl, or making fun of the Bills and the Chiefs before losing the AFC Championship. How about calling out the Pittsburgh Goons (their words!) before they injure more of our players. ANY scrutiny of them in this area can only be beneficial.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, A Rock said:

Here we go again. Anyone remember Mike Mitchell? Eight years ago he announced he was gonna intentionally injure Bengals. Then he did. After crashing into Eifert's dome (and he was never the same after) the Stealers were penalized 15 yards. Later Mitchell was fined $23,000. In other words, nothing. Since we never said anything before, during, or after, it's no big surprise that Shazier felt he had carte blanche to try and decapitate Bernard with a truly vicious helmet uppercut to the chin during the wild card game. And he was right. Not only was there no flag, the Stealers were awarded a fumble recovery since Gio was knocked out cold. When Burfict clipped a flopping Brown, the Stealers were awarded 30 yards and the game. Here's an idea, instead of making fun of the Chiefs before losing the Super Bowl, or making fun of the Bills and the Chiefs before losing the AFC Championship. How about calling out the Pittsburgh Goons (their words!) before they injure more of our players. ANY scrutiny of them in this area can only be beneficial.

Amen

3 hours ago, A Rock said:

What do mean never said anything? Marvin clapped quite vigorously in protest.

The way the Stealers and NFL flipped the script to make Burfict the bad guy for retaliating was masterful.  Textbook cry-bullying.

41 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

No loss.  The Bengals were going nowhere with Allen.  Might as well try someone else. 

Agreed...ultimately whoever JoeyB is comfortable with honestly. Wouldn't be surprised if Trevor Siemian ends up being the guy but there are still a few other vets out there. Teddy Bridgewater would be an interesting option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Does anyone here feel like “Allen helped mentor Joe Burrow in Cincinnati the past three years” ???  

…other than stuff like showing Joey the way to the cafeteria.  :shrug: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2023 at 1:39 PM, A Rock said:

Any scrutiny in this area??.

You know better..