Keeping our enemies close: 2023

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Any scrutiny in this area??.

You know better..

Lol, I get your point. I'd squawk about it anyway. I mean there are LONG highlight reels of just blatant dirty hits on defenseless opponents by the Goons. I can't remember anybody from the Bengal brass ever saying anything about it, though I could be wrong about that. Basically their defenders targeted their opponents heads until it was so egregious (Gio) the league kinda conceded, "uhh, I guess that hit's illegal". Not until AFTER letting them do it, and that game was long over, of course. The Hines Ward rule was enacted because their offensive skill players were headhunters as well! Now Tomlin freely admits to telling a new player he wants, "goons" out there (and there is no way to misinterpret that), but he needs to teach his new players to be hush, hush about it!  I'd say something. I know the league loves the Goons, but the needle won't move with silence. A large portion of fans are starting to appreciate the Bengals, and the media scorched Bart Scott pretty good when he said the Ravens should, "red dot" Burrow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

I would love for the Bengals to trade Jonah for Becton straight up. Give them both a change of scenery. And I think Becton can still be fixed. 

If they declined an option wouldn't that make him a free agent?

24 minutes ago, A Rock said:

Lol, I get your point. I'd squawk about it anyway. I mean there are LONG highlight reels of just blatant dirty hits on defenseless opponents by the Goons. I can't remember anybody from the Bengal brass ever saying anything about it, though I could be wrong about that. Basically their defenders targeted their opponents heads until it was so egregious (Gio) the league kinda conceded, "uhh, I guess that hit's illegal". Not until AFTER letting them do it, and that game was long over, of course. The Hines Ward rule was enacted because their offensive skill players were headhunters as well! Now Tomlin freely admits to telling a new player he wants, "goons" out there (and there is no way to misinterpret that), but he needs to teach his new players to be hush, hush about it!  I'd say something. I know the league loves the Goons, but the needle won't move with silence. A large portion of fans are starting to appreciate the Bengals, and the media scorched Bart Scott pretty good when he said the Ravens should, "red dot" Burrow.

The time to say something was when they were whining about Burfict after the Antonio Brown flop. Instead the Bengals FO just bit the pillow & let them run him out of the division.

I look forward to Katie taking over for real because I don't think she cares about being everybody's bestest pal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

The time to say something was when they were whining about Burfict after the Antonio Brown flop. Instead the Bengals FO just bit the pillow & let them run him out of the division.

I look forward to Katie taking over for real because I don't think she cares about being everybody's bestest pal.

She was on point with calling out the league for the whole coin flip for home field with Baltimore bullsh*t, that's for sure. The dirtiest team (by far) whining about Burfict was of course, ridiculous. There's an endless list (Palmer's knee, Huber's jaw, Gio's neck, Eifert's head, etc,etc, etc.) of things that should have been addressed. Spilt milk, for sure. Always bugged the sh*t out of me though. Now some fresh quotes from the Pissburgh Jackals about their desire to field goons, just need to instruct the new guys to keep it on the down low? Would love Katie (or anyone in the FO) to get in front of it. Let em know, Homie Don't Play That. Not anymore.

• Upvote 3

I'd have rather just drafted Dawand Jones but if the Jets were interested in Jonah, the Bengals could let them examine him ahead of a trade and talk contract extension with them rather than making them wait for a physical after the deal is done. Jets were supposedly looking for a tackle in round one until the Patriots traded with the Stealers to jump ahead and take Broderick Jones. Jets took Carter Warren from Pitt in round 4 so they may want to see him in camp before making any trades. 

19 hours ago, A Rock said:

She was on point with calling out the league for the whole coin flip for home field with Baltimore bullsh*t, that's for sure. The dirtiest team (by far) whining about Burfict was of course, ridiculous. There's an endless list (Palmer's knee, Huber's jaw, Gio's neck, Eifert's head, etc,etc, etc.) of things that should have been addressed. Spilt milk, for sure. Always bugged the sh*t out of me though. Now some fresh quotes from the Pissburgh Jackals about their desire to field goons, just need to instruct the new guys to keep it on the down low? Would love Katie (or anyone in the FO) to get in front of it. Let em know, Homie Don't Play That. Not anymore.

She is on the competition committee so she will have opportunities to do this. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2023 at 12:02 PM, A Rock said:

Its the most physical division to the point of brutal play..

Goons,and thugs are welcome if they can play well..

Love the smack and intensity of it all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Its the most physical division to the point of brutal play..

Goons,and thugs are welcome if they can play well..

Love the smack and intensity of it all.

There's no shortage of physicality, ferocity, and intensity when pro football is played the right way, in good faith, within the rules.  Players who intentionally injure other players are scumbags. Period.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, A Rock said:

There's no shortage of physicality, ferocity, and intensity when pro football is played the right way, in good faith, within the rules.  Players who intentionally injure other players are scumbags. Period.

☝️

If I wanted to see a competition of grown men kicking each other in the shins and trying to break each other's elbows I'd watch MMA.

Football is a team sport with rules.  If they're going to let some teams ignore those rules it's not really a sport anymore. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, A Rock said:

Agree..

Its full of nasty "scumbags"..

Its as you say ..fierce and beyond.

Its the AFCN which means bring your lunchpail plus a hard hat...😎

• Upvote 1

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

Its full of nasty "scumbags"..

Its as you say ..fierce and beyond.

Its the AFCN which means bring your lunchpail plus a hard hat...😎

and if you pack a sharpened screwdriver in your lunchpail and try to stab someone in the ear with it that's just fine?

• Upvote 3

Just now, T-Dub said:

☝️

If I wanted to see a competition of grown men kicking each other in the shins and trying to break each other's elbows I'd watch MMA.

Football is a team sport with rules.  If they're going to let some teams ignore those rules it's not really a sport anymore. 

Sure it is..

Gladiators with a ball...

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Sure it is..

Gladiators with a ball...

That's just a gang fight with a billion dollar budget.  Why even have rules? Why have a ball? Let them go out there and beat each other bloody with chains and spiked clubs.  The last man standing wins. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2023 at 2:32 PM, BlackJesus said:

... Yes, but after this upcoming season. You have to tag or decline a year in advance. But I want Becton now for Jonah. 

BJ as much as you and I have promoted huge heavy men it hasnt worked out to good..😞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's just a gang fight with a billion dollar budget.  Why even have rules? Why have a ball? Let them go out there and beat each other bloody with chains and spiked clubs.  The last man standing wins. 

Now that sounds like a great sport...😊

What the fuck is the point of giving a QB a 10 year deal if you have to rework it every 3 years when he's no longer the highest paid.

Chiefs should tell him tough shit, that's the whole give and take of taking the half billion dollar offer up front.