Keeping our enemies close: 2023

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They spend their cap money but choose alot of under perrformers..

Not familiar with their scouting dept. but seems they suck in evaluations.

Sounds oddly familiar from a team I followed in the past....can't recall the name..Bugles? Bungie's? Bangles?

I'll remember it later today, seems so so long ago now. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Their former GM Steve Kiem is going on a media tour telling the world how bad at his job he was and blaming everyone else in the process. That organization is a shit show, but the Bidwell family is a circus so I'm not surprised. Most of these legacy NFL teams like the Cardinals, Giant, Bears,  are run by nepo babies that have no connection to football or clue about how to run a successful football franchise. 

Hmmm....sounds familiar....

Ravens will have to do some cap maneuvering to add OBJ. They are 6 mil under the cap without him. If he's earning 15 mil plus incentives, they'll have to restructure other players. That's with Lamar on their cap for 32 mil. If they ever agree to a deal with him, it could easily have a lower number for 2023. But so far he's not doing them any favors.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Ravens will have to do some cap maneuvering to add OBJ. They are 6 mil under the cap without him. If he's earning 15 mil plus incentives, they'll have to restructure other players. That's with Lamar on their cap for 32 mil. If they ever agree to a deal with him, it could easily have a lower number for 2023. But so far he's not doing them any favors.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens draft a QB early, which will diminish Lamar's leverage. The lack of an agent has hampered Lamar's ability to gauge the market for his services and have conversations that will protect his ego. He's going to watch the draft realize that there is not a huge market for his services and Baltimore doesn't need him like he thinks they do. 

On 4/10/2023 at 4:00 PM, PatternMaster said:

He will be the next AJ Green. The Arizona Cardinals version.  Maybe Josh Gordon is available?

• Upvote 1

Seems like the Ravens are overpaying for OBJ.  He’s been available for over a year and no one else wanted him at that price.  I’m sure he is going there at least in part to help make peace with Lamar.  It sounds like Lamar recruited him and he is better than anyone they have currently.  I doubt he would have signed there without some idea of Lamar being the QB.

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Rub&Tug fan boys now saying Boyd is a WR1 too ...

IMG_20230412_134641.jpg

Regardless, Burrow is a better human being and way more likeable.  People like guys like Burrow and Mahomes because they are genuinely good dudes.  Nobody likes or cares about Watson. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Regardless, Burrow is a better human being and way more likeable.  People like guys like Burrow and Mahomes because they are genuinely good dudes.  Nobody likes or cares about Watson. 

I liked Andy Dalton but I choose Watson over him everytime...

• Upvote 2