https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/07/joe-mixon-involved-sheriffs-investigation-into-injured-juvenile/

Deputies enter Joe Mixon’s home amid investigation into injured juvenile

Deputies spent hours in Mixon’s home early Tuesday morning without making an arrest.

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Hamilton County Sheriff’s Deputies entered the home of Bengals running back Joe Mixon early Tuesday morning five hours after responding to a “shots fired” call that left a juvenile injured in Anderson Township.

Mixon’s involvement is unclear.

Deputies responded to the 7900 block of Ayers Road around 8:30 p.m. for a report of shots fired, the sheriff says.

One juvenile was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It isn’t clear how the juvenile was injured.

Deputies placed crime scene tape around a home on Ayers Road sometime during the evening.

A neighboring home is the same listed as Joe Mixon’s home address in a warrant for his arrest issued earlier this year on charges that were later dropped. The property has not changed hands since then, according to Hamilton County Auditor records. 

There was at least one evidence marker in Mixon’s yard. Deputies extended the crime scene tape across his home around 11 p.m.

A half-hour later, deputies were observed banging on Mixon’s door, loudly identifying themselves as sheriff’s deputies and telling the homeowner to come out.

They allowed a car into the home’s driveway around 12:15 a.m.

A law enforcement officer arrived with an envelope of documents around 1:30 a.m. Several deputies entered the house minutes later. Flashlight beams could be seen around the home. Three deputies entered around 2 a.m. carrying note-taking supplies.

The crime scene tape was taken down around 3:20 a.m., and deputies left without making an arrest.

**** Twitters in the link.  I couldn't post

4 hours ago, saphead said:

Well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the other gun thing that allegedly happened, but uhhhhhh......................things are starting to add up. 

😬

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/07/cincinnati-police-still-investigating-menacing-accusation-against-bengals-joe-mixon-spokesman-says/

Cincinnati police still investigating menacing accusation against Bengals Joe Mixon, spokesman says

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Cincinnati police are still investigating an aggravated menacing accusation made earlier this year against Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon, according to a police spokesman, Lt. Jonathan Cunningham.

FOX19 NOW checked with CPD for a status on that case Monday morning, hours before deputies with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office went to his Anderson Township home Monday night in a separate investigation into an injured juvenile. It is not clear if Mixon was at home at the time of this incident.

Update (of sorts)

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/07/joe-mixon-involved-sheriffs-investigation-into-injured-juvenile/

Deputies enter Joe Mixon’s home amid investigation into injured juvenile

Deputies spent hours in Mixon’s home early Tuesday morning without making an arrest.

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Hamilton County Sheriff’s Deputies entered the home of Bengals running back Joe Mixon early Tuesday morning five hours after responding to a “shots fired” call that left a juvenile injured in Anderson Township.

Mixon’s involvement is unclear.

Deputies responded to the 7900 block of Ayers Road around 8:30 p.m. for a report of shots fired, the sheriff says.

One juvenile was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. It isn’t clear how the juvenile was injured.

A law enforcement officer arrived with an envelope of documents around 1:30 a.m. Several deputies entered the house minutes later. Flashlight beams could be seen around the home.

Up Date Up Date (edited by me leaving out previously mentioned info)

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/07/joe-mixons-home-part-active-investigation-sheriffs-office-says/

A juvenile was taken from the scene to Children’s Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the sheriff’s office. What type of injuries the juvenile suffered was not detailed.

A neighbor, Tracy Schaeper, told FOX19 NOW that her son’s friends were outside playing Nerf wars when she says they went onto Mixon’s property.

The neighbor said shots came from Mixon’s home, but it is unknown who fired the gun.

“The individual, or someone within that home, opened fire and shot off seven rounds, mildly injuring one of the teenage boys and obviously scaring...scaring to death those who were involved in the Nerf wars,” Schaeper said.

The sheriff’s office did say Tuesday that a home connected to the 26-year-old running back is part of the crime scene.

Deputies  did gather evidence “that will be part of this active investigation” from the home deputies searched, the sheriff’s office explained.

There was at least one evidence marker in Mixon’s yard.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

A neighbor, Tracy Schaeper, told FOX19 NOW that her son’s friends were outside playing Nerf wars when she says they went onto Mixon’s property.

The neighbor said shots came from Mixon’s home, but it is unknown who fired the gun.

“The individual, or someone within that home, opened fire and shot off seven rounds, mildly injuring one of the teenage boys and obviously scaring...scaring to death those who were involved in the Nerf wars,” Schaeper said.

5150913d3822f1a3e0e5a7c2ff6f0847.gif

Homes in the area look like this FYI.. (not Mixon's or anyone involved AFAIK, simply for reference)

https://goo.gl/maps/t59F8pYhgNvL8wFH9

• Upvote 1

Just to add some context, “Dart Wars” (with Nerf guns/farts) was a serious competition at Sycamore H.S. during the week of Spring Break twenty years ago…and maybe still is.  

A kid down the street’s team won it one year.  He wore military grade camouflage.  There is a lot of sneaking around and hiding as they try to ambush and “shoot” opposing players.  

I could easily see a couple of “stealthy” guys ending up on the neighbor’s yard…which would be a scary thing for that homeowner.  I’m not advocating taking shots at the camouflaged figures, but I can understand the fear/concern that seeing them would trigger.

Updated update update

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2023/03/07/anderson-high-school-student-injured-at-home-connected-to-bengals-joe-mixon-is-ok

Anderson High School has confirmed it was one of their students injured near a home associated with Bengals running back Joe Mixon Monday night.

Deputies responded to a report of “shots fired," but officials have not said whether the student was shot. Few other details have been revealed.

An email by sent Anderson High School principal Kyle Fender to students' families Tuesday said a student from the school was injured in a Monday night incident in the 7900 block of Ayers Road, and is currently resting at home and doing OK.

The email was in reference to a shots fired incident reported Monday at 8:25 p.m.A juvenile was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, according to a statement from the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Monday night.

image.png.c60ff47ccfd5f01df44bba0a855a5174.png

Uhhhh... huh huh huh.

Updated Update Update

March 8  1:00 PM

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/08/listen-911-call-released-sheriffs-investigation-involving-joe-mixon/

The 911 call that touched off a sheriff’s investigation involving Joe Mixon allegedly came from Mixon’s home, according to a copy of the call FOX19 obtained Wednesday.

The man who called 911 told the call taker he was inside “my athlete’s house” and that the incident transpired outside. The preliminary incident report also shows the call came from the home associated with Mixon.

The man called to report “a shooting” next door to the house. The sheriff’s office has only confirmed deputies responded to a “shots fired” run, not that anyone was hit.

“There were kids, three or four cars blocking off the road,” the man tells the 911 call taker. “One kid was running around brandishing a weapon, and he went back to his car, and it looked like it was a fake weapon. But I kept walking, walking walking, and then he was screaming something, and he went back to his car and pulled out another weapon, and to me, it looked like a Kel-Tec or something. And [he] ran up the back driveway of his house that he had been coming down and said, “[***] yeah.” And then all of a sudden, you heard him running and running down there, and you heard ‘pop pop pop pop pop!’ And the three other cars sped off. Now there’s one car back, leaving in a quick fashion, and a Jeep sitting out front, and I think it’s taking off.”

The man said he watched the events as they unfolded over the course of 10-15 minutes and called 911 immediately afterward.

“They’ve been going back and forth. They had the road blocked off. There were girls driving a certain car and guys... and everything... One guy, he ran up the grass between the athlete’s house and the other neighbor’s house, and I heard him yelling something while he was brandishing a weapon, and then I heard ‘pop pop pop pop pop!’”

FOX19 reached out for comment Wednesday to Mixon’s attorney, Merlyn Shiverdecker.  “At this time are not going to be making any public comments,” he replied. “That may change.”

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Updated Update Update

March 8  1:00 PM

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/08/listen-911-call-released-sheriffs-investigation-involving-joe-mixon/

The 911 call that touched off a sheriff’s investigation involving Joe Mixon allegedly came from Mixon’s home, according to a copy of the call FOX19 obtained Wednesday.

The man who called 911 told the call taker he was inside “my athlete’s house” and that the incident transpired outside. The preliminary incident report also shows the call came from the home associated with Mixon.

The man called to report “a shooting” next door to the house. The sheriff’s office has only confirmed deputies responded to a “shots fired” run, not that anyone was hit.

“There were kids, three or four cars blocking off the road,” the man tells the 911 call taker. “One kid was running around brandishing a weapon, and he went back to his car, and it looked like it was a fake weapon. But I kept walking, walking walking, and then he was screaming something, and he went back to his car and pulled out another weapon, and to me, it looked like a Kel-Tec or something. And [he] ran up the back driveway of his house that he had been coming down and said, “[***] yeah.” And then all of a sudden, you heard him running and running down there, and you heard ‘pop pop pop pop pop!’ And the three other cars sped off. Now there’s one car back, leaving in a quick fashion, and a Jeep sitting out front, and I think it’s taking off.”

The man said he watched the events as they unfolded over the course of 10-15 minutes and called 911 immediately afterward.

“They’ve been going back and forth. They had the road blocked off. There were girls driving a certain car and guys... and everything... One guy, he ran up the grass between the athlete’s house and the other neighbor’s house, and I heard him yelling something while he was brandishing a weapon, and then I heard ‘pop pop pop pop pop!’”

FOX19 reached out for comment Wednesday to Mixon’s attorney, Merlyn Shiverdecker.  “At this time are not going to be making any public comments,” he replied. “That may change.”

Sounds a lot like a paintball marker or AirSoft.  Seriously doubt kids are running around out there at the county club rattling off SMGs.

Window gets broken, 911 call was for a "shots fired", county club cops see an excuse to search the home of a famous black athlete..

Smelling more like a nothingburger in that context.

but they should still cut him :ninja:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Sounds a lot like a paintball marker or AirSoft.  Seriously doubt kids are running around out there at the county club rattling off SMGs.

Window gets broken, 911 call was for a "shots fired", county club cops see an excuse to search the home of a famous black athlete..

Smelling more like a nothingburger in that context.

but they should still cut him :ninja:

Curious if it was paintball how the kid ended up in the hospital

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Curious if it was paintball how the kid ended up in the hospital

Apparently you've never been hit by a paintball? Especially on bare skin at close range. They will tear skin open if they hit just right. :hunter: