Only thing new I have seen

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2023/03/08/anderson-township-shooting-leaves-high-school-student-injured/

Dispatch records show the juvenile, whom school officials said is an Anderson High School student, was hit in the foot by a bullet or bullet fragment. He is now recovering at home.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yes I have that's why I'm curious as to the details 

Got it, I read it as "how could a little old ball of paint shot out an air powered gun cause someone to need medical attention"? Had a friend that got hit on the side of his neck, just missed the jugular. Ripped a pretty good piece of skin away and we had to rush him to the ER. Healed up good, but had a hell of a hickey for a while. :2_grimacing: Worst one I ever had was on the upper inside of my thigh. Was "hiding" behind a pretty good size barricade panel and didn't realize that my right leg was exposed at the edge. Through a pair of jeans and winter weight coveralls, hurt like a mf'r and worst bruise I've ever had in my life. Mostly black, some purple and spread down my thigh almost to the top of my knee. :20:

• Upvote 1

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/09/suspect-fires-11-gunshots-joe-mixons-backyard-teenager-report/

Suspect fires 11 gunshots from Joe Mixon’s backyard at teenager: report

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Around 11 gunshots were fired Monday from the backyard of a home owned by Bengals running back Joe Mixon’s house, the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office’s incident report says.

A female and a male, who is not Mixon, are listed as suspects in the shooting on Ayers Road that resulted in a juvenile being hospitalized with a gunshot wound on Monday, according to the report released Thursday. Charges have not been filed against either person, so FOX19 NOW is not identifying them.

Around 8:30 p.m. Monday in the 7900 block of Ayers Road, deputies were called to the scene for a reported shooting.

Two deputies wrote in the report they talked with two juvenile witnesses who claimed they were playing “dart wars” with the juvenile victim before the shooting.

While playing the game, the victim, a student at Anderson High School, ran around Mixon’s neighbor’s house, the witnesses told deputies. The juvenile did have a Nerf-style toy gun, they added.

The witnesses and victim told deputies someone from the backyard of the home owned by Mixon then fired around 11 shots toward the Anderson student.

The gunshots continued even as the juvenile attempted to run away, deputies wrote in the report. One of the gunshots hit the victim in the foot, and he had to be taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to the sheriff’s office.

As the deputies were talking with the witnesses, they said a black Honda Accord was seen leaving the area where the shooting occurred.

The deputies put out the vehicle’s description to other responding units, and they did stop the Accord, the report states.

The male and female were inside the car, along with a rifle, the sheriff’s office said.

Investigators found three shell casings and the victim’s Nerf gun at the scene, the incident report says.

No charges have been filed against either person, according to the report.

FOX19 NOW did receive a comment from Mixon’s attorney about his client not being named as a suspect.

“That’s good news,” attorney Merlyn Shiverdecker said. “Obviously, we are happy with that.”

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/09/suspect-fires-11-gunshots-joe-mixons-backyard-teenager-report/

Suspect fires 11 gunshots from Joe Mixon’s backyard at teenager: report

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Around 11 gunshots were fired Monday from the backyard of a home owned by Bengals running back Joe Mixon’s house, the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office’s incident report says.

A female and a male, who is not Mixon, are listed as suspects in the shooting on Ayers Road that resulted in a juvenile being hospitalized with a gunshot wound on Monday, according to the report released Thursday. Charges have not been filed against either person, so FOX19 NOW is not identifying them.

Around 8:30 p.m. Monday in the 7900 block of Ayers Road, deputies were called to the scene for a reported shooting.

Two deputies wrote in the report they talked with two juvenile witnesses who claimed they were playing “dart wars” with the juvenile victim before the shooting.

While playing the game, the victim, a student at Anderson High School, ran around Mixon’s neighbor’s house, the witnesses told deputies. The juvenile did have a Nerf-style toy gun, they added.

The witnesses and victim told deputies someone from the backyard of the home owned by Mixon then fired around 11 shots toward the Anderson student.

The gunshots continued even as the juvenile attempted to run away, deputies wrote in the report. One of the gunshots hit the victim in the foot, and he had to be taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to the sheriff’s office.

As the deputies were talking with the witnesses, they said a black Honda Accord was seen leaving the area where the shooting occurred.

The deputies put out the vehicle’s description to other responding units, and they did stop the Accord, the report states.

The male and female were inside the car, along with a rifle, the sheriff’s office said.

Investigators found three shell casings and the victim’s Nerf gun at the scene, the incident report says.

No charges have been filed against either person, according to the report.

FOX19 NOW did receive a comment from Mixon’s attorney about his client not being named as a suspect.

“That’s good news,” attorney Merlyn Shiverdecker said. “Obviously, we are happy with that.”

Damn good thing whoever-the-fuck has lousy aim.  

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/16/live-joe-mixons-sister-her-boyfriend-indicted-shooting-near-bengals-stars-house/

Joe Mixon’s sister, her boyfriend indicted in shooting near Bengals’ star’s house

Joe Mixon ‘did not commit a crime,’ the prosecutor said.

(WXIX) - Shalonda Mixon, sister of Bengals’ running back Joe Mixon, and her boyfriend, Lamonte Brewer, have been indicted on charges in connection with the shooting that injured a 16-year-old outside of NFL star’s house, Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers announced Thursday.

On March 6, Shelonda told Joe there were people outside of his Ayers Road home with guns, the prosecutor explained.

Those guns were actually toy Nerf weapons, Powers would later show during Thursday’s news conference.

Having received death threats from obvious Bengal fans, the Bengals star was concerned for his life after being told armed people were outside his home, Powers said.  The threats began after Mixon’s address was “improperly released to the public” in January, a statement from Joe’s agent, Peter Schaffer, explained. Read the full statement at the bottom of this story.

On the night of the incident, a number of vehicles pulled up in front of Joe’s house and blocked the street.

This occurred when it was very dark outside. Joe and his physical therapist witnessed multiple people exit the vehicles carrying what appeared to be weapons as they ran into neighbors’ yards.

One individual was observed going into the trunk of his vehicle, screaming instructions, and retrieved what appeared to be a long gun (at the time it appeared to be a “Kel-Tec” rifle). The individual ran up a back driveway of the residence yelling, “F*** yeah.”

Peter Schaffer, agent for Bengals running back Joe Mixon.

Surveillance video obtained through a search warrant showed Joe walking in the backyard of his home with a gun, but he never fired any shots, according to Powers. Mixon is a legal gun owner and “did not commit a crime,” Powers explained.

It was Brewer, Powers said, who fired 10 to 11 shots at teenagers playing “Nerf wars” on Ayers Road around 8:30 p.m. that night. Shalonda was later seen on the same video picking up shell casings in the yard.

Mixon’s agent says the Bengals’ star “interceded” to stop Brewer from shooting the gun.

A 16-year-old was shot in the foot as he tried to run away when the gunshots began, deputies wrote in the initial report.

The teen “heard multiple shots whizzing by his head and immediately ducked behind a tree fearing for his life,” the prosecutor’s office explained.

image.png.0ba207880a379605db18ab5d7dedac3a.png

The victim was transported to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, where it was confirmed he was shot in the foot with the bullet still lodged inside, according to the incident report and a March 7 news release from the sheriff’s office.

Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a 911 call placed by a man inside Mixon’s Ayers Road home around 8:30 p.m., according to the preliminary incident report and a recording of the 911 call.

The man who called 911 told the call taker he was inside “my athlete’s house,” and the shooting occurred outside next to the house, according to the call and incident report.

Responding deputies stopped a black Honda Accord that was seen leaving Mixon’s home, according to the incident report.

Shalonda was driving the car with Brewer in the passenger seat, Powers explained.

The gun used in the shooting that night was found in the trunk of the Accord, the prosecutor’s office said.

image.thumb.png.3f36860688e67ae132a9eb68b569c113.png

The gun used in the shooting that night was found in the trunk of the Accord, the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office said.(Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office)

The victim was transported to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, where it was confirmed he was shot in the foot with the bullet still lodged inside, according to the incident report and a March 7 news release from the sheriff’s office.

Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a 911 call placed by a man inside Mixon’s Ayers Road home around 8:30 p.m., according to the preliminary incident report and a recording of the 911 call.

The man who called 911 told the call taker he was inside “my athlete’s house,” and the shooting occurred outside next to the house, according to the call and incident report.

Responding deputies stopped a black Honda Accord that was seen leaving Mixon’s home, according to the incident report.

Shalonda was driving the car with Brewer in the passenger seat, Powers explained.

The gun used in the shooting that night was found in the trunk of the Accord, the prosecutor’s office said.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/16/live-joe-mixons-sister-her-boyfriend-indicted-shooting-near-bengals-stars-house/

Joe Mixon’s sister, her boyfriend indicted in shooting near Bengals’ star’s house

Joe Mixon ‘did not commit a crime,’ the prosecutor said.

(WXIX) - Shalonda Mixon, sister of Bengals’ running back Joe Mixon, and her boyfriend, Lamonte Brewer, have been indicted on charges in connection with the shooting that injured a 16-year-old outside of NFL star’s house, Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers announced Thursday.

On March 6, Shelonda told Joe there were people outside of his Ayers Road home with guns, the prosecutor explained.

Those guns were actually toy Nerf weapons, Powers would later show during Thursday’s news conference.

Having received death threats from obvious Bengal fans, the Bengals star was concerned for his life after being told armed people were outside his home, Powers said.  The threats began after Mixon’s address was “improperly released to the public” in January, a statement from Joe’s agent, Peter Schaffer, explained. Read the full statement at the bottom of this story.

On the night of the incident, a number of vehicles pulled up in front of Joe’s house and blocked the street.

This occurred when it was very dark outside. Joe and his physical therapist witnessed multiple people exit the vehicles carrying what appeared to be weapons as they ran into neighbors’ yards.

One individual was observed going into the trunk of his vehicle, screaming instructions, and retrieved what appeared to be a long gun (at the time it appeared to be a “Kel-Tec” rifle). The individual ran up a back driveway of the residence yelling, “F*** yeah.”

Peter Schaffer, agent for Bengals running back Joe Mixon.

Surveillance video obtained through a search warrant showed Joe walking in the backyard of his home with a gun, but he never fired any shots, according to Powers. Mixon is a legal gun owner and “did not commit a crime,” Powers explained.

It was Brewer, Powers said, who fired 10 to 11 shots at teenagers playing “Nerf wars” on Ayers Road around 8:30 p.m. that night. Shalonda was later seen on the same video picking up shell casings in the yard.

Mixon’s agent says the Bengals’ star “interceded” to stop Brewer from shooting the gun.

A 16-year-old was shot in the foot as he tried to run away when the gunshots began, deputies wrote in the initial report.

The teen “heard multiple shots whizzing by his head and immediately ducked behind a tree fearing for his life,” the prosecutor’s office explained.

image.png.0ba207880a379605db18ab5d7dedac3a.png

image.thumb.png.3f36860688e67ae132a9eb68b569c113.png

The gun used in the shooting that night was found in the trunk of the Accord, the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office said.(Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office)

Damn, son.

Yeah technically, legally, a Draco is classed as a pistol... but when I read "pistol" I thought a normal sort of handgun.  Fucks sake, Lamonte, were you expecting a Terminator?

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Damn, son.

Yeah technically, legally, a Draco is classed as a pistol... but when I read "pistol" I thought a normal sort of handgun.  Fucks sake, Lamonte, were you expecting a Terminator?

Have a good feelin Joe will provide excellent lawyers to squash this fiasco..

With a settlement for the young man as well..

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

Yeah, the Draco is essentially an AK pistol, chambered in 7.62 x 39. Doesn't have a lot of range, but a beast at short range.

Ridiculously hot round to be using as personal defense in a neighborhood.  Not only is he lucky he didn't directly hit the kid, he's lucky he didn't hit a kid in a house 1/4 mile away.  Honestly makes me wonder what kinda sketchy shit they're up to at the Mixon estate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mixon may not have committed a crime, but some really questionable choices.  If you see people with guns running around your home I would think you call police first, then consider if you need to start shooting.  I sure as hell wouldn't go outside!  Shoot first and ask questions later will get you in a lot of trouble as his sister and boyfriend are probably going to find out. 

If the Bengals were considering cutting Mixon these types of incidents will just help to confirm the decision.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Mixon may not have committed a crime, but some really questionable choices.  If you see people with guns running around your home I would think you call police first, then consider if you need to start shooting.  I sure as hell wouldn't go outside!  Shoot first and ask questions later will get you in a lot of trouble as his sister and boyfriend are probably going to find out. 

If the Bengals were considering cutting Mixon these types of incidents will just help to confirm the decision.

I think her sister's boyfriend is the source of the problem, dude is a POS criminal...https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-brewer-37

Defendant is 24 years old. He has been incarcerated since November 19, 2012; prior to his incarceration, he lived with his girlfriend in Antioch, California. Defendant has lived in the bay area for his entire life. He has family in the area, including his grandparents, sister, and child. He does not have a passport and has no history of international travel. He has a limited employment history; he stated that he works "under the table" at his aunt's deli, and makes $200 a week. He has an eleventh grade education. He stated that he does not suffer from any physical or mental health conditions.

Defendant's criminal record, however, contains numerous indications that he poses a danger to the community. As a juvenile in 2003, he was adjudicated guilty of misdemeanor battery on a school employee and second degree attempted robbery. In 2004, he was convicted of battery with serious bodily injury. In 2007, he was arrested for murder, and in 2008 he was arrested for murder again. Charges against him were either not filed or were dismissed. In 2009, he was convicted of felony assault with a firearm and was sentenced to four years in prison. In 2011, he violated his parole three times, and was convicted of the felony of possessing/ purchasing cocaine base for sale. A bench warrant was issued after he failed to appear in Court. In 2012, he was charged with participating in a criminal street gang, violating his parole, and being a felon in possession of a firearm (the instant offense). Defendant was on active parole at the time of the instant offense.

Defendant's grandparents, girlfriend, and sister appeared at the detention hearing and were willing to serve as sureties. 

Defendant's violent criminal history includes arrests for murder, assault, and battery, and a felony conviction for assault with a firearm. He has another felony conviction for the possession/ purchase of cocaine base for sale. The instant offense involves a firearm and was allegedly committed only a year after Defendant was released from prison. Defendant has no steady employment history. While Defendant has close family ties in this district, his long violent criminal history and multiple parole violations show that he is not amenable to supervision. As such, no conditions of release, such as electronic monitoring, home detention, and having Defendant's family members serve as custodians, would reasonably assure the safety of the community or his appearances.

I don't know Joe or his family but having a career criminal like this hanging around you and your family doesn't normally work out for the best...I hope those kids are going to be fine...

Joe's going to have one hell of a lawsuit on his hands because of this idiot shooting at kids, he might get taken for everything he's worked for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I think her sister's boyfriend is the source of the problem, dude is a POS criminal...https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-brewer-37

I don't know Joe or his family but having a career criminal like this hanging around you and your family doesn't normally work out for the best...I hope those kids are going to be fine...

Joe's going to have one hell of a lawsuit on his hands because of this idiot shooting at kids, he might get taken for everything he's worked for. 

So wait a minute. The dude was only 24, but he was convicted of his first crime in 2003, when he was only 3 or 4 years old, and arrested for murder when he was 8 or 9 years old? Something isn’t adding up here. 

1 minute ago, Shebengal said:

So wait a minute. The dude was only 24, but he was convicted of his first crime in 2003, when he was only 3 or 4 years old, and arrested for murder when he was 8 or 9 years old? Something isn’t adding up here. 

No, he was 24 in 2013 when that court doc was filed which would make him 34, so add 10 years to your ages and it adds up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

No, he was 24 in 2013 when that court doc was filed which would make him 34, so add 10 years to your ages and it adds up. 

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Still working on my first cup of coffee ️.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Still working on my first cup of coffee ️.

No worries...here's another one...

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of-appeal/1879131.html

Long story short, Mr. Brewer is violent and has a history of carrying and using guns, despite the fact he's a convicted felon...multiple convictions. Now he shoots at a bunch of kids playing dart wars...for what..because he's an idiot that thought he was back in Cresent Park with the Manor Boyz...what a fucking loser. He's cost Mixon millions of dollars and put his career in jeopardy so he can scare some rich kids...smh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

No worries...here's another one...

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of-appeal/1879131.html

Long story short, Mr. Brewer is violent and has a history of carrying and using guns, despite the fact he's a convicted felon...multiple convictions. Now he shoots at bunch of kids playing dart wars...for what..because he's an idiot that he was back in Cresent Park with the Manor Boyz...what a fucking loser. He's cost Mixon millions of dollars and put his career in jeopardy so he can scare some rich kids...smh. 

Let's not let Mixon's sister off the hook.  She's the one who brought him into the house/family and apparently was shooting herself.  Joe has to be smart enough to purge his life of people like that, even if it is your sister.  They will bring you down with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Let's not let Mixon's sister off the hook.  She's the one who brought him into the house/family and apparently was shooting herself.  Joe has to be smart enough to purge his life of people like that, even if it is your sister.  They will bring you down with them.

That's a tough one, she is his older sister and more than likely has a huge influence on his life. He probably won't be where he is today without her help, so I can understand why he wouldn't want to disown her once he became rich and successful, and until a few weeks ago nothing had happened that made it necessary...until it did. 

Brewer on the other hand is a violent criminal with a long track record of breaking the law, it didn't take a psychic to know that he would do something stupid...he's on a schedule..every 3-5 years he's been arrested since he was 13 years old..it's a habit for him. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Brewer might be on probation and get revoked back to prison for carrying a gun. But it would likely be Cali and they may just take the view that he's Ohio's problem now. 

He could also get the 3 strikes and go away for a long time if convicted...I wouldn't be surprised to see Mixon's sister take the fall for this to save her boo from going bye-bye for decades over something that was extremely avoidable. 

• Upvote 1