1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

He could also get the 3 strikes and go away for a long time if convicted...I wouldn't be surprised to see Mixon's sister take the fall for this to save her boo from going bye-bye for decades over something that was extremely avoidable. 

The 3 strikes law only applies to crimes committed in California. But if he's on probation/parole, he's certainly violated it. Only problem is California is more about letting people out of prison than putting them back in. They may not be very interested in Brewer once he's moved out of their state. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Joe's going to have one hell of a lawsuit on his hands because of this idiot shooting at kids, he might get taken for everything he's worked for. 

Likely not. As it does not appear he had any direct involvement (discharging the weapon/directing the discharge of the weapon/supervising the discharge of the weapon), he might only be vicariously liable in litigation because the discharge took place on his property. Think of it like a shootout in your backyard--you had no direct involvement, thus no negligent wrongdoing. With that said, if there is shown to be a pattern of having dangerous people routinely on or in your property, he could have an issue with negligence per se, but that is stretching it a bit. 

In any event, if he is sued, his home insurer should defend and indemnify him. The only exclusion there would be if he was intentionally or criminally responsible for the injury.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Remember this?   Don't want to start another thread...

https://www.fox19.com/2023/04/07/criminal-charge-against-joe-mixon-refiled-january-incident-police-say/

Criminal charge against Joe Mixon refiled for January incident, police say

By Jared Goffinet
Published: Apr. 7, 2023 at 11:34 AM EDT|Updated: 2 hours ago
CINCINNATI (WXIX) - A criminal charge against Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been refiled, the Cincinnati Police Department announced Friday.

The misdemeanor charge of aggravated menacing stems from a claim that Mixon pointed a gun at someone on Jan. 21 in the 300 block of Walnut Street in downtown Cincinnati, according to the initial complaint.

Mixon is accused of telling the victim, “You should be popped in the face. I should shoot you. The police can’t get me,” court records detailed.

The victim told officers the threat was a result of “road rage,” the incident report reads.

An arrest warrant for Mixon was issued on Feb. 2, but just a day later, the charge filed by Officer Jeff Ruberg was dismissed at the request of city prosecutors.

The arrest warrant against Mixon was issued prematurely and resulted from a procedural misstep, the Cincinnati Police Department said in a Feb. 3 written statement.

Cincinnati police said Friday that new evidence was found during their investigation which led to the misdemeanor aggravated menacing charge against Mixon being refiled.

Mixon is scheduled to appear in court on April 19 at 12:30 p.m., according to police.

The Bengals did release a statement following Friday’s announcement from Cincinnati police.

The Club is aware misdemeanor charges have been raised against Joe Mixon. The Club is monitoring the situation and will not comment further at this time.

Cincinnati Bengals.

Officer Ruberg, who filed the initial charge, was later disciplined, Lt. Jonathan Cunningham said previously.

A few days before Joe and his team left for the playoff game in Buffalo there was a ‘road rage’ incident downtown.

“A young lady felt she was cut off by a driver and so she showed him her middle finger. She reported that the driver of that other vehicle pulled up next to her, pointed a handgun at her and said he should shoot her in the face.

“The young lady’s statement continues that she held her cell phone and told him that she was going to call the police. The male driver with the gun told her that the police can’t touch him. Well, his response might actually be rather accurate!

“A very experienced detective from the Cincinnati Police Central Business Section was assigned the case. The detective went about his work as usual. He discovered video evidence and had the reported victim in to view a photo line-up, in which she pointed out Joe who runs with a football.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Remember this?   Don't want to start another thread...

https://www.fox19.com/2023/04/07/criminal-charge-against-joe-mixon-refiled-january-incident-police-say/

Criminal charge against Joe Mixon refiled for January incident, police say

By Jared Goffinet
Published: Apr. 7, 2023 at 11:34 AM EDT|Updated: 2 hours ago
CINCINNATI (WXIX) - A criminal charge against Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been refiled, the Cincinnati Police Department announced Friday.

The misdemeanor charge of aggravated menacing stems from a claim that Mixon pointed a gun at someone on Jan. 21 in the 300 block of Walnut Street in downtown Cincinnati, according to the initial complaint.

Mixon is accused of telling the victim, “You should be popped in the face. I should shoot you. The police can’t get me,” court records detailed.

The victim told officers the threat was a result of “road rage,” the incident report reads.

An arrest warrant for Mixon was issued on Feb. 2, but just a day later, the charge filed by Officer Jeff Ruberg was dismissed at the request of city prosecutors.

The arrest warrant against Mixon was issued prematurely and resulted from a procedural misstep, the Cincinnati Police Department said in a Feb. 3 written statement.

Cincinnati police said Friday that new evidence was found during their investigation which led to the misdemeanor aggravated menacing charge against Mixon being refiled.

Mixon is scheduled to appear in court on April 19 at 12:30 p.m., according to police.

The Bengals did release a statement following Friday’s announcement from Cincinnati police.

The Club is aware misdemeanor charges have been raised against Joe Mixon. The Club is monitoring the situation and will not comment further at this time.

Cincinnati Bengals.

Officer Ruberg, who filed the initial charge, was later disciplined, Lt. Jonathan Cunningham said previously.

If he's convicted of this then his might be the final straw to send him packing. If you combine his salary, lack of production, and off the field incidents then it makes sense as to why Bengals would move on from Mixon. 

If he could learn to pass block then maybe he would really be untouchable, but he sucks at it so throw the book at him..lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon pleaded not guilty Wednesday when he appeared in court on a charge from an incident in January.

Wednesday’s hearing was the first since a misdemeanor charge of aggravated menacing and not blocking worth a shit was refiled against Mixon on April 7.

After he pleaded not guilty to the charge, the judge set Mixon’s bond at $10,000.

The charge stems from a claim that the Bengals running back pointed a gun at someone on Jan. 21 in the 300 block of Walnut Street in downtown Cincinnati, according to the initial complaint.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon pleaded not guilty Wednesday when he appeared in court on a charge from an incident in January.

Wednesday’s hearing was the first since a misdemeanor charge of aggravated menacing and not blocking worth a shit was refiled against Mixon on April 7.

After he pleaded not guilty to the charge, the judge set Mixon’s bond at $10,000.

The charge stems from a claim that the Bengals running back pointed a gun at someone on Jan. 21 in the 300 block of Walnut Street in downtown Cincinnati, according to the initial complaint.

These charges about what he said are going to be hard to prove in court without any proof or evidence. Clearly, they have some evidence because they charged him. Between this and the shooting at his house it's a tough offseason for Joe. I wonder if the local media will give him shit like they did their favorite whipping boy, Jackson Carman,  after the report about sexual assault that happened in college came out last offseason. 

59 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

These charges about what he said are going to be hard to prove in court without any proof or evidence. Clearly, they have some evidence because they charged him. Between this and the shooting at his house it's a tough offseason for Joe. I wonder if the local media will give him shit like they did their favorite whipping boy, Jackson Carman,  after the report about sexual assault that happened in college came out last offseason. 

Given the location he was probably on 100 different cameras. Plus, y'know, there's his BIL magdumping a Draco at teenagers on his lawn. 

They're really going to spend $12 million trying to "redeem" this guy? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Given the location he was probably on 100 different cameras. Plus, y'know, there's his BIL magdumping a Draco at teenagers on his lawn. 

I hope not. I've always wanted to like this guy too. When he punched that girl out in college, I kind of instinctually tried to believe he could be "redeemed".  She had called him something truly awful, he was a great running back free falling in draft value because of his reaction, and I wanted to hope for the best.  What a fool I was.  You NEVER respond to verbal abuse with violence.  I knew this.  It appears he views a gun as a toy to point in someone's face over traffic disputes, or to clear children off his lawn. He's really shown himself to be a jackass, and with his dwindling value on the field, we're keeping this guy around why?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

In all that blah blah blah there is something about him being on a video surveillance camera.

Don't know what it caught so.... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Enough to make them refile charges, I guess.  Probably a gun visible.

58 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

If there is video of him waving a gun at a woman from road rage, then he's out of second chances and send him packing (no pun intended). 

Which is why I cut my comment short.

There are lots of surveillance cameras there, we walk right

down Walnut between 5th and 4th on our way to the stadium.

Just not sure what or how much it shows.  Keep my speculation to myself

Also from the article (Legal Analysis Mark) "Krumbein said refiling charges after a dismissal is not typical."

which does not sound good.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/04/19/joe-mixon-appear-court-wednesday-january-incident/

But, yeah, cut his ass now and get it over with.

• 3 months later...

The Thread Back from the Dead

https://www.fox19.com/2023/08/04/joe-mixon-lamonte-brewer-named-civil-lawsuit-over-shooting-mixons-home/

Joe Mixon, Lamonte Brewer named in civil lawsuit over shooting near Mixon’s home

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Bengals player Joe Mixon and Lamonte Brewer have been named in a civil lawsuit that was filed on Thursday in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court by the legal guardian of a teen who was shot in March.

“Lamonte Brewer aimed a loaded assault rifle at minor, C.B., and fired a minimum of 11 rounds at C.B. while C.B. was on his own property. Joe Mixon was also in his own backyard with a loaded 9mm semi-automatic pistol at the time of the shooting,” the lawsuit says.

image.thumb.png.d12d03961b4fa13acc443340102bd618.png

The suit alleges the weapon and bullets Brewer used were owned by Mixon and they were provided by Mixon at his home which is next door to the teens’ home in Anderson Township.

Court documents say 15 minutes before Brewer fired on the teen and his friends, they spoke to Mixon across the fence that separates the Mixon and Bell properties.

They told Mixon that they were playing Nerf Wars, the lawsuit says.

According to the lawsuit, a bullet hit a toy Nerf Rifle the teen was carrying and he was also hit in his right foot, “by a 7.62mm round shot from Joe Mixon’s assault rifle used by Lamonte Brewer.”

The suit alleges that Sholanda Mixon, Joe Mixon’s sister, and her boyfriend Lamonte Brewer, knew of the Nerf Wars game before the March 6 shooting, “and could not have reasonably felt that their lives were in danger on March 6, 2023.”

It was Brewer, Powers said, who fired 10 to 11 shots at the teens playing Nerf Wars. Shalonda Mixon was later seen on the same video picking up shell casings in the yard, according to Powers.

Joe Mixon’s agent said the Bengals’ star “interceded” to stop Brewer from shooting the gun.

However, the lawsuit against Joe Mixon and Brewer says, “It is utterly ridiculous, unbelievable and it is unreasonable that Joe Mixon or anyone in Mixon’s home could have feared for their lives.”

The lawsuit does not indicate a certain dollar amount but seeks punitive damages against Joe Mixon and Brewer and recovery of attorneys’ fees and expenses.

Joe Mixon was never charged.

Brewer was indicted on March 16 on charges of felonious assault, having a weapon under disability, tampering with evidence and obstructing justice, Powers said. Shalonda Mixon was indicted on charges of tampering with evidence and obstructing justice, Powers said.