Bengals Signings/Re-signings FA period 2023

Even if you gave 5 or 6 good OL ... you carry 10 ... so somebody has to be that 7-10th guy ... and you dress 8 on gameday. I see Ford as a guy who played with Orlando Brown Jr. in College and blocked for Mixon back then as well, and maybe a guy who is the 7th or 8th guy who dresses on game day. He's still young and was actually touted to be a 1st rder coming out of Oklahoma. I am sure he's also cheap, so if he sucks, he will be cut and not even count for much. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Well, we signed him so...the Bengals were interested in him?

I suppose

He has the traits if a quality guard but the Bills gave up on him due to his ineffectiveness in pass protecting at G or T every year ..

We'll see If Coach Pollack can help him straighten his liabilities out.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This guy any good? His stats aren't very exciting at first glance

I know you hate PFF but he isnt as good as Bell as far as PFF scores, its not a huge dropoff but Bell is better. Now Taylor Rapp who is interviewing as well is rated higher than Bell. 

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Why would tge team be interested in Ford?

Hes played very poorly each year.

We have guards now ..

Big pass from me...

I agree. They wanted him in the draft so maybe they believe that they could be the team to make it happen for him. He has played LG-RG and RT....The only slight issue is he has played them all poorly. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I know you hate PFF but he isnt as good as Bell as far as PFF scores, its not a huge dropoff but Bell is better. Now Taylor Rapp who is interviewing as well is rated higher than Bell. 

Eh, that's useful.  Considering how big of homers they tend to be I'm guessing the difference is really minimal.

15 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Taylor Rapp was a player of interest to me..then..

4.78 forty..

He'll be late on plays and wont catch anybody..

He's a good tackler though...😎

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Taylor Rapp was a player of interest to me..then..

4.78 forty..

He'll be late on plays and wont catch anybody..

H22es a good tackler though...😎

As others have pointed out, think they're going away from those in-the-box safeties?

2022 Stat comparison:

Vonn Bell 77 tackles, 4 interceptions, 8 passes defended, 0 fumbles forced, 1 recovered

Nick Scott 86 tackles 2 interceptions, 5 passes defended, 0 fumbles forced or recovered

Taylor Rapp 92 tackles, 2 interceptions, 6 passes defended, 0 fumbles forced, 1 recovered

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

2022 Stat comparison:

Vonn Bell 77 tackles, 4 interceptions, 8 passes defended, 0 fumbles forced, 1 recovered

Nick Scott 86 tackles 2 interceptions, 5 passes defended, 0 fumbles forced or recovered

Taylor Rapp 92 tackles, 2 interceptions, 6 passes defended, 0 fumbles forced, 1 recovered

Scott or RPo or both would be awesome 

Archived