WLB        
MLB Pratt 26      
SLB     Jones 25  
S Scott 26      
S Hill 27 Anderson 27 Corker 25  
CB     Tell 25  
CB Taylor-Britt 26 George 24    
CB Hilton 25 Davis 25    

Im probably in the minority but Allen George has allways felt like a solid backup once he had some experience.

He has some now..

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Im probably in the minority but Allen George has imallways felt luke a solid backup once he has some exoerience.

He has some now..

He may stick on the active roster come gameday..

I like him too. I think that he is probably off the 55 man or 53 whatever it's at now for the most part next year because they will want a rookie to potentially take over for Awuzie in 2024. But I could see him up and down with injuries and in the mix as the 4-5 guy in 2024. 

I'll guess the team re-signs at least one of Apple or Flowers once their price drops and drafts 1 CB in the early to mid rounds. Sidney Jones's contract is a minimum benefit deal so he's likely fighting George and Davis for the last roster spot on the 53. Assuming Chido is full-go for the start of the season, the depth chart might look like

Chido- Rookie-George

Hilton-Davis

CTB-Apple

With George or Jones replacing Apple if Eli goes elsewhere. George has more familiarity with Anarumo's system and Jones has more overall NFL experience.

Been watching former Bengal AJ McCarron in the XFL this Spring.  Would love to see him get a camp invite this Summer - don't care where, but wouldn't hurt to bring him here to push Browning for the backup gig behind Burrow.

Threw 3 more TDs last weekend against Houston's D.  Been Offensive Player of the Week twice already (nobody else has more than one), 2nd in the league in yards, and 1st in TDs by a wide margin (17 vs 2nd place's 12).  Sure, it's "just" the XFL, but AJ is doing yeoman's work in St Louis.

And his wife is smokin' hot.

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Been watching former Bengal AJ McCarron in the XFL this Spring.  Would love to see him get a camp invite this Summer - don't care where, but wouldn't hurt to bring him here to push Browning for the backup gig behind Burrow.

Threw 3 more TDs last weekend against Houston's D.  Been Offensive Player of the Week twice already (nobody else has more than one), 2nd in the league in yards, and 1st in TDs by a wide margin (17 vs 2nd place's 12).  Sure, it's "just" the XFL, but AJ is doing yeoman's work in St Louis.

And his wife is smokin' hot.

Agree..

Nothing about Browning is good..

McCarren could push him hard.

Prove it deal for AJ...

My guess is the team expects to extend Logan Wilson so LB isn't really a need. They'll likely re-sign Clay Johnston for depth too. I doubt they cut bait with Zach Carter either. He's supposed to be Hill's backup as an interior pass rusher. He wasn't great but was a 3rd round pick last season. I think we're largely set on the front 7. 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

My guess is the team expects to extend Logan Wilson so LB isn't really a need. They'll likely re-sign Clay Johnston for depth too. I doubt they cut bait with Zach Carter either. He's supposed to be Hill's backup as an interior pass rusher. He wasn't great but was a 3rd round pick last season. I think we're largely set on the front 7. 

They need a backup NT and eventual replacement for Reader 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Didn't Carter step up nicely later in the year?

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

Nothing about Browning is good..

McCarren could push him hard.

Prove it deal for AJ...

Since I'm pimping for McCarron, here are the highlights from this weekend's XFL game against Houston.

AJ went 26-34-222 3/0 against the #1 passing defense in the league.  That's a 122.4 rating.

The prior week he was 23-29-236 3/0 and at one point completed 19 straight.  Rating 135.1.

For the season (7 games) his numbers are 157/228 1544 17/4 for a 69% completion percentage and a rating of 105.2.  His recent numbers show that as the season gets longer, he's been getting better.  Just in time for the playoff push.

Right now, he's among the leading candidates for League MVP.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

They need a backup NT and eventual replacement for Reader 

What's wrong with Tupou as the backup NT? Or Tufele behind him?

IMO they should extend Reader for a year or two. Draft a CB in the first 3 rounds to replace Apple and cover in case Chido isn't full speed for week 1. Otherwise draft offense this year and defense next year.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

IMO they should extend Reader for a year or two. Draft a CB in the first 3 rounds to replace Apple and cover in case Chido isn't full speed for week 1. Otherwise draft offense this year and defense next year.

Agreed. No one can replace what Reader brings

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

McCarron has been very good. But he is 32 and he chose that path because he wanted his kids to see him play. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't come back to the NFL and guys like Blaine Gabbert and Trevor Simien join him over there.

The NFL pays a million or more dollars a year. What does XFL pay?

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

McCarron has been very good. But he is 32 and he chose that path because he wanted his kids to see him play. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't come back to the NFL and guys like Blaine Gabbert and Trevor Simien join him over there.

Agreed.

I wouldn't mind seeing McCarron AND HIS WIFE back here, even at 32, but honestly who could blame him if he's not interested as you stated.  He's a competitor and enjoys playing football.  I know the money is not the same, but I'm thinking he'd rather be a star MVP in the XFL actually PLAYING football, instead of carrying a clipboard in the NFL, watching JB from the sidelines, and at best running the scout team at Friday practices.

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I guess they are fine for being a spot backup but if we watched when Reader was out teams were able to run on us more. I'm also of the opinion that BPA should be what we do, not any specific side of the ball, but over the next two years we need a WR, DE, DT, maybe another LB depending on what happens with Wilson, RB and RT

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I guess they are fine for being a spot backup but if we watched when Reader was out teams were able to run on us more. I'm also of the opinion that BPA should be what we do, not any specific side of the ball, but over the next two years we need a WR, DE, DT, maybe another LB depending on what happens with Wilson, RB and RT

I'm with that..  BPA always in the draft and then backfill with FA's or via trade if we're lucky enough to have that kind of depth somewhere (like WR)

58 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Reader is one of the best NTs in the league. So of course his backup is a step down. But Tupou is no slouch which is why the team keeps him around. 

We should draft by most value added rather than BPA. If Will Levis is on the board at 28, we shouldn't take him.

22 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

McCarron made 15M+in his career. He wanted to have his kids watch him play. 

I bet he'd take an NFL offer if he had one. Not many people choose the minor leagues over the majors. That doesn't mean people in the minors don't enjoy their time at that level. 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Reader is one of the best NTs in the league. So of course his backup is a step down. But Tupou is no slouch which is why the team keeps him around. 

We should draft by most value added rather than BPA. If Will Levis is on the board at 28, we shouldn't take him.

I bet he'd take an NFL offer if he had one. Not many people choose the minor leagues over the majors. That doesn't mean people in the minors don't enjoy their time at that level. 

No he's not a slouch, but he isn't starting material either. QB and WR are off the table in round 1 nothing else should be.

6 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Agreed.

I wouldn't mind seeing McCarron AND HIS WIFE back here, even at 32, but honestly who could blame him if he's not interested as you stated.  He's a competitor and enjoys playing football.  I know the money is not the same, but I'm thinking he'd rather be a star MVP in the XFL actually PLAYING football, instead of carrying a clipboard in the NFL, watching JB from the sidelines, and at best running the scout team at Friday practices.

60k XFL salary

1 mil NFL salary  to carry clipboard .

You choose or better yet let his wife do it...😎

7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

He had offers he didn't take

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

No he's not a slouch, but he isn't starting material either. QB and WR are off the table in round 1 nothing else should be.

No way WR is off the table in round one. If one is sitting there that shouldn’t be they wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger, IMO. 

Archived