Building the Bengals: Roster at 85. 5 to add

23 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Bottom line, Jones fell to the 4th round.  The team that drafted him has one of the better RT in the league and he’s nothing but a developmental depth player Day 1.  The notion that he could’ve been our starting RT as a rookie is pure fantasy.  

Is it really that much more of a longshot than Carman making the switch, Jonah being healthy all year and not sulking and making the switch, or Collins being healthy and feeling like playing football?

In all honesty I'd say yes myself but not by a lot. They're definitely rolling the dice as it is, let's not kid ourselves. Decent enough odds one of them works out but if we lose even one tackle for a significant stretch it could get ugly again fast.

Would like to know how Cappa is recovering for that matter. Heard a lot (too much) from Jonah and La'ell. How about the guy that played worth a damn when he wasn't hurt? We're counting on him as much as those 2.

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Is it really that much more of a longshot than Carman making the switch, Jonah being healthy all year and not sulking and making the switch, or Collins being healthy and feeling like playing football?

In all honesty I'd say yes myself but not by a lot. They're definitely rolling the dice as it is, let's not kid ourselves. Decent enough odds one of them works out but if we lose even one tackle for a significant stretch it could get ugly again fast.

Would like to know how Cappa is recovering for that matter. Heard a lot (too much) from Jonah and La'ell. How about the guy that played worth a damn when he wasn't hurt? We're counting on him as much as those 2.

Cappa would have been able to play in the Super Bowl I think, so his injury wasn't long term. You haven't heard anything about his recovery because he's been fine for months.

13 minutes ago, happyrid said:

Cappa would have been able to play in the Super Bowl I think, so his injury wasn't long term. You haven't heard anything about his recovery because he's been fine for months.

This is correct. 

3 hours ago, happyrid said:

That's a relief, thanks

Archived