Orlando Brown!

41 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

It was Brown ... For him it's personal. He wants pay back against KC and to do it in  Cincy !!!

IMG_20230316_041032.jpg

This guys tweet was in reference to Dre’Mont Jones or however you spell his name, Dlineman from Denver.  This guy that tweeted this has a 0% hit rate on any info thus far and gets obliterated in the comments for the most part. 

Just FYI my guy 🤓

• Upvote 1

Ok. I’m going to say it. I think Orlando Brown Jr is a Top 3 RT but “only” a Top 15-20 LT. Don’t hate me. I think he’s really good, not great. I’m not trying to piss on the parade. I think this is still a terrific move. I just hope people aren’t expecting Orlando Pace.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy. I’ve wanted an upgrade from Jonah for years and getting a 4 time Pro Bowl tackle who is only 26 at that price is a HUGE win. The Bengals line suddenly looks very, very good.

The money that the Falcons gave Bates is essentially what the Bengals just gave OBJ. So, in a weird way the Bengals traded Bates for Brown Jr. Who wouldn’t be good with that?!?

The price tag plus his age plus filling a significant deficiency at an important area of need makes this a very good deal. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

So next obvious Question - what of Jonah?

7bcaf467-c327-45b3-a2df-a2f3ce5a3746_tex

Jokes aside maybe he can push Collins to play up to his potential at RT or at the very least he's above average for a back-up OT.  Depending on how the draft shakes out maybe they trade him?

• Like 1

Love this!  Now have C (Karras). RG (Cappa) and LT (Brown) lockeddown.  Volson will start at LG, but there should be several serviceable C/G wing guys for depth (I'd also scan the wire).  That leaves RT.  I give Jonah first shot for a year, but Brown's signing doesn't keep me from looking OL in the first round.  If Dewand Jones is their at 28 and they think he can be the roadgrader they need there I don't hesitate in pulling the trigger for him.  I let him sit behind Jonah for a season (if need be) and then I bookend him with Brown for three years.

OC Karras

LG Volson

RG Cappa

LT Brown

RT Williams

C/G (Mid-round pick)

G/T Carman

T Jones

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, snarkster said:

Love this!  Now have C (Karras). RG (Cappa) and LT (Brown) lockeddown.  Volson will start at LG, but there should be several serviceable C/G wing guys for depth (I'd also scan the wire).  That leaves RT.  I give Jonah first shot for a year, but Brown's signing doesn't keep me from looking OL in the first round.  If Dewand Jones is their at 28 and they think he can be the roadgrader they need there I don't hesitate in pulling the trigger for him.  I let him sit behind Jonah for a season (if need be) and then I bookend him with Brown for three years.

OC Karras

LG Volson

RG Cappa

LT Brown

RT Williams

C/G (Mid-round pick)

G/T Carman

T Jones

I also look to sign a mid-tier FA and spend a pick on TE, RB & DB (a safety and a corner).  I'd also be looking for an EDGE.

• Upvote 1

There are no Orlando Browns in this year's draft. And there were no Orlando Browns in last year's draft. 

The Bengals basically just had the first pick in the 2023 NFL Draft and took a 26 year old, 4 time pro bowler, future hall of fame LT with it. 

If any more blood goes to my dick I'm going to have an aneurysm. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, snarkster said:

OC Karras

LG Volson

RG Cappa

LT Brown

RT Williams

C/G (Mid-round pick)

G/T Carman

T Jones

Craxy idea would be to choose Dewand Jones..

The enormity of this man is tantalizing.

Hes a human building..

His hands are allmost 11 inches.....

Oline 

LT....Brown 

LG.  Volson

C.... Karras

RG...Cappa

RT....Jones

Jonah, Carnan Hill Collins and Addenijji 

behind them..

We'd be loaded for once..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Craxy idea would be to choose Dewand Jones..

The enormity of this man is tantalizing.

Hes a human building..

His hands are allmost 11 inches.....

Oline 

LT....Brown 

LG.  Volson

C.... Karras

RG...Cappa

RT....Jones

Jonah, Carnan Hill Collins and Addenijji 

behind them..

We'd be loaded for once..

Well, not so crazy. That would be amazing 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

backing up homer simpson GIF

Everyone that has been bitching the past 3 days........

First off: this truly is a fantastic deal. It helps the offense immensely in the main area it is needed…the main area. 

However: other than likely meaning Mixon stays—and with it the glaring need to address the devalued RB position immediately—what has changed? The yawning gaps in the deep secondary and TE are still wide open. 

Of course, since it’s now only Day 2 of official FA, wait and see continues.