Orlando Brown!

42 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Wouldnt Brown take an oline number say in the 70s?

He could I guess. But OB played last year as #57. O lineman can't take a single digit number as less flexibility, but a LB like Pratt has lots of flexibility to take even a single digit number. 

I'm sure the Bengals will announce Brown's # soon. Tee will also now be #5 instead of 85. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sparky151 said:

. They can now trade Jonah or cut Collins. 

3hpp4q.png

Neither one have done much & Collins wasn't expected to be ready to start the season. OTOH he's cheap if he's not playing and has some upside. Jonah doesn't look at all like an RT to me but as of now he's like $12-13m in cap space. If they can't trade him may as well keep him as a backup. 

Someone still has to play RT but Carman vs draft pick would be ideal IMO.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

3hpp4q.png

Neither one have done much & Collins wasn't expected to be ready to start the season. OTOH he's cheap if he's not playing and has some upside. Jonah doesn't look at all like an RT to me but as of now he's like $12-13m in cap space. If they can't trade him may as well keep him as a backup. 

Someone still has to play RT but Carman vs draft pick would be ideal IMO.

Dewand Jones ..

Comparison to Zeus Brown.

Height.....

Brown.....6'8

Jones......6'8

Weight......

Brown ....345

Jones..... 375

Length...

Brown.......35"

Jones .......36.75"

Wingspan...

Brown.......85"

Jones........89.50"

Hand....

Brown.. 9.50

Jones...10. 75

Zeus and the "House"..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Dewand Jones ..

Comparison to Zeus Brown.

Height.....

Brown.....6'8

Jones......6'8

Weight......

Brown ....345

Jones..... 375

Length...

Brown.......35"

Jones .......36.75"

Wingspan...

Brown.......85"

Jones........89.50"

Hand....

Brown.. 9.50

Jones...10. 75

Zeus and the "House"..

A 3-way battle between Carman, Williams, and that guy would probably end in a decent RT. Honestly though when we're slotted late in the 1st I just assume any prospect people like will go at least 2-3 picks before the Bengals are on the clock.  I just hope whoever it is can contribute immediately.

..and isn't a RB :33:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Trading Jonah Williams isn't going to happen.  Who wants to pay a backup quality tackle $12-13M? 

Let him backup and compete for the RT job. 

I say move him to LG, the spot that many people thought he should be playing in the NFL when he was first drafted and let him figure it out there. Based on his play over the past 4 years he doesn't have a bright future at LT in the NFL. iIt's reasonable to say he should be cut and would have been benched if not for his draft position and salary, so why not give him a shot to play LG which will then add to the competition at LG. 

A line of Brown, Williams/Volson, Karras, Kappa, Collins/Jackson/Dawand Jones(my choice)...is a huge upgrade

26 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I say move him to LG, the spot that many people thought he should be playing in the NFL when he was first drafted and let him figure it out there. Based on his play over the past 4 years he doesn't have a bright future at LT in the NFL. iIt's reasonable to say he should be cut and would have been benched if not for his draft position and salary, so why not give him a shot to play LG which will then add to the competition at LG. 

A line of Brown, Williams/Volson, Karras, Kappa, Collins/Jackson/Dawand Jones(my choice)...is a huge upgrade

Draft position and salary didn't really have anything to with it, the guys behind him not being good did.

I think him playing LG is where I'd put him too.

25 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Draft position and salary didn't really have anything to with it, the guys behind him not being good did.

I think him playing LG is where I'd put him too.

It has everything to do with it, if he was a UDFA or day 3 draft pick he would be off the team or a backup at best. He's not very good, you could argue he's the worst OT on the team as he was the worst starting LT in the NFL. The LT's main job is to protect the QBs' blindside and not give up sacks, Jonah was the worst in the league at it last season.

If Williams wasn't a first-round he would be cut, no doubt about it as teams give first-round picks more opportunities than day 3 picks or UDFA..that is a fact. Also, he led the league in sacks allowed with 12 and that is why Orlando Brown took his job. If he did not have a dead cap number of over $12 million dollars then he would be cut as he can't perform adequately at LT and that's the only position he's ever played in the NFL. He has no trade value and no future at LT in the NFL..what else do you do with a player like that...you cut him. 

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It has everything to do with it, he was a UDFA or day 3 draft pick he would be off the team or a backup at best. He's not very good, you could argue he's the worst OT on the team as he was the worst starting LT in the NFL. The LT's main job is to protect the QBs' blindside and not give up sacks, Jonah was the worst in the league at it last season.

If Williams wasn't a first-round he would be cut, no doubt about it as teams give first-round picks more opportunities than day 3 picks or UDFA..that is a fact. Also, he led the league in sacks allowed with 12 and that is why Orlando Brown took his job. If he did not have a dead cap number of over $12 million dollars then he would be cut as he can't perform adequately at LT and that's the only position he's ever played in the NFL. 

Who do you think on the roster that could play LT was better?

57 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Hmm?

So they are going to give up on Volson at LG (who was starting to play much better towards the end of the season), in order to play Jonah at LG, which requires more strength than playing tackle, and pulling to set up trap blocks?

I hope not.

Williams can't handle bull rushers.

DTs and NTs would abuse him.