Jonah wants out

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

How the fuck would you know what he would or wouldn’t do—do you know what he has been presented with? You clearly don’t. 

And as far as bowing down in worship to your new Deity du jour…why should he/Carman/the Man in the Moon do that? These are professionals—and regardless of what Hajj you are on, should never extend to anyone else. 

mad gran torino GIF

You seem to be a little angry.  Do you need a Snickers?

I love the OB signing but I really can't be down on Jonah.

1.  He didn't decide his draft position, blame the Bengal Brain Trust who kept drafting OL losers after forcing Whit out.  Let's face the truth, except for Volson isn't the entire line FA signings?

2,  I am sure Jonah is embarrassed as fuck.  Before they signed Orlando all the coaches were talking to the media about Jonah being the left tackle and no way is he being replaced and on and on and then boom his job is gone and all the coaches are saying the new guy is going to lead them to championships and all.  I really doubt any player in the NFL wouldnt be a little pissy in the same situation. 

3 hours ago, stryker57 said:

if you had any passion for your work and or respect for yourself , you would want to do the best you could, and you only have from now to maybe 5 years to work, and  at any time you could have an injury and be out of work .  this is his contract year, i am sure he wants to do his best so he isnt playing for league min next year , if he is even healthy enough to play.

so as you say you would go to the cubical and get coffee, but then you still have to do quality work or after this year...  your next job pay will be based on your performance this year. but you now have to work on a keypad that all the keys are opposite. (the upper left keys are . poiuytrewq and etc)  to what you've done for the last 4 years, and you have to write documents out with your other hand,

yes you can do it, but your work performance will be way below what you could do regularly, 

now Jonah has not said he wouldnt do whatever they asked.

it has only been said he would like to be traded, and that is being reported by "sources"

and for the record i am stoked about Brown coming 

i just say lets get off Jonahs ass a little and maybe show some class, 

he was the best we had for the last 4 years . 

he played hurt

this kick them while they're down attitude is a bit disrespectful 

it is not his fault the bengals took his 5th year option

so dont dog him about the 12 mil he gets this year,

Without this turning into a J&D post, a lot of people don't get to ever have the chance to have passion for the work they do.

31 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I love the OB signing but I really can't be down on Jonah.

1.  He didn't decide his draft position, blame the Bengal Brain Trust who kept drafting OL losers after forcing Whit out.  Let's face the truth, except for Volson isn't the entire line FA signings?

2,  I am sure Jonah is embarrassed as fuck.  Before they signed Orlando all the coaches were talking to the media about Jonah being the left tackle and no way is he being replaced and on and on and then boom his job is gone and all the coaches are saying the new guy is going to lead them to championships and all.  I really doubt any player in the NFL wouldnt be a little pissy in the same situation. 

Jonah has got major guts playing with sublexed knee caps but is he a better Lt than Brown no but I'd hope he'd give a shot at RT but seems he wants out let's move on snd get a good deal for him and the zbengald

7 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

My apologies I just saw how to do that I am from the Stone Age lol

No apology needed.  Just pointing out something that I learned (stumbled on) by myself.  [I’m old, too (68).]. 😎

I'd be shocked, but pleasantly surprised if anyone offered more than a three for Williams.   If they did, I try combining it with our existing three to get back up into the second (this appears to be a very top-heavy draft.  Wonder if anyone would bite on Williams AND Mixon for a 2nd and a 4th?

50 minutes ago, snarkster said:

I'd be shocked, but pleasantly surprised if anyone offered more than a three for Williams.   If they did, I try combining it with our existing three to get back up into the second (this appears to be a very top-heavy draft.  Wonder if anyone would bite on Williams AND Mixon for a 2nd and a 4th?

Most likely outcome is that the Bengals don't honor Williams' trade request. They never have in the past, and I doubt they want to set a new precedent. Just not something this organization has ever done. They know that Williams won't sit out the season and lose that kind of money. I fully expect him to the Bengals RT next season, then he moves on in FA next season ala Bates.

45 minutes ago, dex said:

Most likely outcome is that the Bengals don't honor Williams' trade request. They never have in the past, and I doubt they want to set a new precedent. Just not something this organization has ever done. They know that Williams won't sit out the season and lose that kind of money. I fully expect him to the Bengals RT next season, then he moves on in FA next season ala Bates.

i think they would if it made sense too, they did with the DL  (lol done forgot his name) 3 or so years back, and if they wanted to they could spend the 12 mil cap on 2 players. maybe even on Tee this year.  

8 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Jonah, however, does have history at RT.  Played 15 of his 44 games at Alabama at RT.

Interesting but he doesn't look to have the power to be a "push the pile" kinda guy, which is what I'd like to see at RT. Pass pro is obviously job #1 but someone with a little bit of bulldozer in them would be ideal.  Frankly saw more of that out of Carman in 2 games than I ever did out of Jonah. Collins seems capable but I have big doubts about his want-to in general.

4 hours ago, snarkster said:

No...yes.....no...😎

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Here's my deal with Jonah.

After talks they'll try and trade him

Or..

.Theyll keep him and  start him at RT..

(suck it up buttercup your being paid 12.6mil)

No other options.

Whatever happens seems to be soon.

If he wins the job at RT it must mean Carman is blind out of his right eye, we missed in the draft, and Collins is either cut or just doesn't feel like playing football. That or Mikey is in his feelings again, IDK.

I really don't want to see Jonah getting ragdolled every time we try to run the ball just because he's owed $13 mil. He doesn't have any push for a RT, not from what I've seen.

I do not see the Bengals trading Jonah without at least in their minds breaking even.  To me that would include an equal asset...player and/or draft pick in return...plus whoever acquires Jonah takes on his salary.  I am sure the Bengals think of Jonah as an important part of the team.  Remember until just a few days ago he was the starting left tackle.

16 hours ago, dex said:

They ddi once.Carson Palmer,was traded to the Raidedrs for a 1st and a 3rd round pick.After saying he wanted to be traded.It took Marvin Lewis ,talking to Mike Brown,to get it done though.

58 minutes ago, stan said:

They ddi once.Carson Palmer,was traded to the Raidedrs for a 1st and a 3rd round pick.After saying he wanted to be traded.It took Marvin Lewis ,talking to Mike Brown,to get it done though.

It took Carson retiring too, Jonnah wont go that far

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Interesting but he doesn't look to have the power to be a "push the pile" kinda guy, which is what I'd like to see at RT. Pass pro is obviously job #1 but someone with a little bit of bulldozer in them would be ideal.  Frankly saw more of that out of Carman in 2 games than I ever did out of Jonah. Collins seems capable but I have big doubts about his want-to in general.

I think Collins wants to, but his body is breaking down. He has back problems, tore his ACL, and just seems like he's held together by duct tape and spit. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired or is cut because he can't pass the physical. He's had a lengthy injury history since he came into the NFL; foot, neck, hip, shoulder, toe, etc...he's extremely banged up and doing the best he can to suit up every week. 

Archived