Bengals 2023 OTA portion of off-season stuff

4 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I'm trying to picture what kind of gymnastics Carman would be doing. 

Maybe Trent Taylor is teaching him how to back flip? ;)

When I read that I somehow pictured Fiona in a leotard/tutu...I prolly need some type of therapy though.  :)

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I like what I’m seeing/hearing from Carman.
Could be the light truly has come on for him.

Could be huge. 

Yeah, he played well vs Buffalo in the playoff game. I'd rather start him than Jonah. We already know Jonah isn't strong enough to hold up at LT, let alone RT. Carman may be physical enough to play the position. 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, he played well vs Buffalo in the playoff game. I'd rather start him than Jonah. We already know Jonah isn't strong enough to hold up at LT, let alone RT. Carman may be physical enough to play the position. 

IDK if he can or can't but he seems to have some of that mauler attitude. The OL definitely could use more of that.

4 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Found something he is there weird no videos of him interviewing. 
joe burrow

https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/football/2023/04/17/burrow-bengals-begin-offseason-workouts.html

I'm guessing Joe wont be doing interviews until the contract is done. Because you know the question will come up if he did.

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I hope covering TEs this year isn't going to be a problem again.

We have something like four good candidates / Hill, battle, Sydney brown, Nick Scott and maybe even Turner to fill that role. I didn’t see room on the roster for flowers to come back for my part..

19 minutes ago, membengal said:

We have something like four good candidates / Hill, battle, Sydney brown, Nick Scott and maybe even Turner to fill that role. I didn’t see room on the roster for flowers to come back for my part..

Sure just saying until we see it it's going to be a question mark.

For me the following are questions going into the season.

- Right Tackle, of the guys competing for this spot, who steps up and can they show that the coaches and front office didn't make a mistake not going outside what we already have?

- Left Guard. Can Volson take the next step and not look like a rookie out there at times?

- Both Safety spots. Bates and Bell were probably the best combo in the league in my opinion. I do suspect there will be a drop off at least initially, the question is by how much and will it hurt us?

- Tight End. Can Irv Smith do what Hurst did or even better? Can he stay healthy? 

- Will we continue to be able to cover Tight Ends now that Flowers is gone?

- Pass rush. Can we get back to what we looked like in the run to the Super Bowl?

- Oline run blocking and holding the line long enough to keep both Joes able to do their job? The Oline got better at least in pass blocking, not so much at run blocking, as the year went on. However IMHO they had to change the style of play the O ran because the line could not block long enough to allow for big plays and not allow for play action pass at all really. It made us predictable at times. Burrow should not have to step up to the line and defenses know we are going to run.

If nobody takes a step backward and we can address at least a majority of those things, while staying relatively healthy, this team will win it's 1st Championship.

Archived