Bengals 2023 OTA portion of off-season stuff

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

The u is by the i on a keyboard so gonna go ahead and allow Dan a typo...

It may have more to do with a former UC basketball coach that recently made some headlines.  

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Knowing Huggons past and probably present ..over the limit.

Bob's a drinker for sure.

Pretty good HC as well..😎

On further investigation it seems he did a Thom Brennaman 

as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos

That's so important on so many different levels. For Joe personally, to always be trying to get better. And for the example it sets for everyone else on the team - means each player will consciously or subconsciously work to meet that same standard. We've already been reminded of that again this week with Tee and Logan Wilson there and working out rather than sitting out voluntaries (like usually happens with players in their kind of contract status). We really have not had someone quite like that on that score at QB in my lifetime (1970 to the present). No offense to Kenny A and Boomer especially, but this is something quite different. It's a HUGE piece of the puzzle for why this team has gotten good and why it has a puncher's chance to stay good as long as Burrow is here as the leader of this team.

The headband pics are great, but can we talk about how ripped Chido looks? His whole knee surgery rehab looks like it is going extremely well. Hopefully he has no setbacks. He was missed in the playoffs. Has to be the most underrated CB in the league.

28 minutes ago, dex said:

The headband pics are great, but can we talk about how ripped Chido looks? His whole knee surgery rehab looks like it is going extremely well. Hopefully he has no setbacks. He was missed in the playoffs. Has to be the most underrated CB in the league.

That goes along with the notes/obs from La'el about his conditioning due to rehab'ing his own ACL injury. The bengals trainers are really apparently quite outstanding at this part of their job - Burrow talked extensively about how he remade his upper body and core strength during his own ACL rehab (and he was noticeably stronger the Super Bowl year). Not surprised to see Chido is taking advantage of the same concentrated training (guys on that kind of rehab get to the be in the bldg with the team trainers for months when everyone else cannot have that kind of contact. It's why I don't discount the words from Collins about how much better his back feels. That extra time putting in the rehab on the knee can benefit other parts of their body in terms of strength and conditioning as well. 

37 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Anyone truly believe they won't sign this tandem?

Really think about aJB and his 3 amigos.

You know it..

It would not shock me at all to see Higgins take the bag and move on. He could easily be WR1 for any number of teams. The lack of a SB ring may actually help us here because there's the incentive to finish what they started. They've been one missed block, phantom holding call or 5th down do-over away the last two seasons. Maybe he does a 2-3 year deal with that in mind.

But no, I don't think extending him is a given at all.

34 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It would not shock me at all to see Higgins take the bag and move on. He could easily be WR1 for any number of teams. The lack of a SB ring may actually help us here because there's the incentive to finish what they started. They've been one missed block, phantom holding call or 5th down do-over away the last two seasons. Maybe he does a 2-3 year deal with that in mind.

But no, I don't think extending him is a given at all.

Higgins is a resemblance of AJ Green.

Close to a clone..

Dont want to lose a player of that calibre in his prime years..

Archived