Bengals 2023 OTA portion of off-season stuff

45 minutes ago, Griever said:

Gotta say, didn't expect this so soon

I'm gonna drop this in the OL thread too....I took a lot of shit for noting that he sure seemed optimistic about his recovery and his report that his back was feeling a lot better, but this is certainly an indication that he really may be an option at some point in 2023, if not for this team, than for another team...

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

I'm gonna drop this in the OL thread too....I took a lot of shit for noting that he sure seemed optimistic about his recovery and his report that his back was feeling a lot better, but this is certainly an indication that he really may be an option at some point in 2023, if not for this team, than for another team...

He's sounded optimistic since he got here.  He's great with the media.  It's the playing football stuff that's questionable.

My skepticism is with him though, not you.  Don't mean to shoot the messenger at all.

Seems all of them look in great shape.

JB and Chase look stronger...

Volson looks like Quentin Nelson (330lbs)..

Carman and Collins look slimmer..

Just like the way they've dedicated themselves to be in peak condition this season..

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He's sounded optimistic since he got here.  He's great with the media.  It's the playing football stuff that's questionable.

My skepticism is with him though, not you.  Don't mean to shoot the messenger at all.

Collins was very good his last 2 years in Dallas. He was a good run blocker for us last year but struggled in pass protection here. If his back is better and his knee is healed to the point where he can play in 3 months, then that would help the team a lot. Maybe they'll even feel good enough about the situation to trade Jonah. 

13 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I don't see Jonah as a guard. He's not strong enough to move defenders back, maybe he could be good at pulling. He's a below average run-blocking LT with pass protection his specialty. 

I just wonder how much more time & money they'll waste trying to avoid admitting that he's simply not very good.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I don't see Jonah as a guard. He's not strong enough to move defenders back, maybe he could be good at pulling. He's a below average run-blocking LT with pass protection his specialty. 

"Pass protection is his specialty."..

That's all I have to know about his worth as a blocker..

Not too much... but I wasnt the one whos kneecaps were were popping  out.during play....

Heal up Jonah..

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I might be in the minority, but I have more faith in Collins than Jonah (who is not even there, but pouting). 

I have always thought Jonah was a G ... and not even a strong or stout one at that. 

I don't have much faith in either of them but apparently the team does...

All I can say is c'mon Jackson Carman

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I just wonder how much more time & money they'll waste trying to avoid admitting that he's simply not very good.

The answer to that is zero.  His contract option is guaranteed and he won’t be re-signed after this year.  The Bengals won’t be spending any additional money beyond what he gets in 2023.  

Also, they replaced him at LT.  Not exactly a move you make to avoid admitting a mistake.  He’s not guaranteed shit right now except a chance to compete at a different position.  

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The answer to that is zero.  His contract option is guaranteed and he won’t be re-signed after this year.  The Bengals won’t be spending any additional money beyond what he gets in 2023.  

Also, they replaced him at LT.  Not exactly a move you make to avoid admitting a mistake.  He’s not guaranteed shit right now except a chance to compete at a different position.  

THIS

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

They picked up his option then replaced him, I think there's some buyer's remorse for sure. Now his only competition in camp looks to be another guy that's switching sides. I don't think they're over him yet. 

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He's guaranteed 12.6 mil, whether he's starting or on the bench or sitting at home. That money could certainly be better spent on better players.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, sparky151 said:

He's guaranteed 12.6 mil, whether he's starting or on the bench or sitting at home. That money could certainly be better spent on better players.

That money is gone.  If they knew OBJ was going to be available maybe they wouldn't have taken that 5th year option.

Archived