Bengals 2023 OTA portion of off-season stuff

44 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

7nwg1y.jpg

I have a feeling you may get bashed for being negative but I am running out of +1s because

your comments are so darned funny.  And true.

Maybe Katie and the Pumpkin Patch Kidz have a source close to the source in the Cincinnati

Police Department and Prosecutors Office and know Joe Sixgun is off to the pokey and that

will solve the problem without the team looking like they are kicking him when he's down.

27 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I have a feeling you may get bashed for being negative but I am running out of +1s because

your comments are so darned funny.  And true.

Maybe Katie and the Pumpkin Patch Kidz have a source close to the source in the Cincinnati

Police Department and Prosecutors Office and know Joe Sixgun is off to the pokey and that

will solve the problem without the team looking like they are kicking him when he's down.

Thanks dude. It's all jokes. I can accept that Joe and the Bengals seem to be joined at the hip and still think they're being stupid about him. Of course what they say now and what they do later are obviously two different things 

In the meantime might as well have some fun with it right?

Interesting point though about the team maybe having inside info, that's certainly possible. It's odd to me that charges were dropped and later refiled. That would seem to suggest the discovery of hard evidence but could also be a CYA move from the department. Maybe they just want to avoid any appearance of preferential treatment for a star athlete.

Anyway glad someone else finds my BS amusing but if he gets JB hurt with his shit blocking no one will be laughing.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Will he even get the chance to get Burrow hurt? Last year they pulled Mixon off the field on obvious passing downs. He did have 50 catches on checkdowns but he won't be on the field on most 3rd and 6's. 

And effectively benched him when they were trailing. A RB everyone knows is coming off the field when passing seems like a pretty significant disadvantage but hey what do I know. Too bad really, as you said he's a decent receiver.

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Chase Brown averaged 8 yards receiving per target (not even catch) in college. So he's your 3rd down back with the juice to take it all the way.

Very interested in seeing how NFL-ready he is in camp. If he can block and is a better receiver he's going to be pushing Mixon for reps. Hope one of the other vets shows some power to move a pile.

We want to blame Mixon's struggling on the OL but his best seasons were behind much worse groups than last year's. Better OL, softer defensive fronts due to Higgins & Chase, yet he was less productive. I think he's out of excuses.

I would submit that EVERY RB coming into the NFL needs to "get better at blocking". I don't think Brown is behind or any different in that respect than every other draftee (not that you are saying that Jamie but it is a weird under-current that seems to get overlooked when he is talked about). 

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

I would submit that EVERY RB coming into the NFL needs to "get better at blocking". I don't think Brown is behind or any different in that respect than every other draftee (not that you are saying that Jamie but it is a weird under-current that seems to get overlooked when he is talked about). 

That's exactly what some of our scouts have said. Blocking takes time to learn to do effectively. 

On a podcast Brian Callahan said that Treyveon Williams is much better in pass pro now than when he first came out of Auburn. In fact, that Wiliams is improved in every area since he came into the league. I expect Williams to get more snaps than he did last season when Perine was still around.

Williams went to Texas A&M.

Chase Brown had 6 lost fumbles in 13 games last year for Illinois so fixing that should be his first priority. Then pass protection. Losing the ball or getting Burrow hit will put him on the bench quickly. Brown caught 27 of 30 targets for 240 yards and 3 touchdowns last year. Those are good efficiency numbers but pale next to his heavy workload carrying the ball. 

Archived