Draft Trade Value Chart

8 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Good to have this handy for draft day.  

I saw on NFL Network that someone from the Cowboys’ organization came up with the original draft trade value chart.  

I believe that chart was updated..

I do like to see the value pts in each round to see how a trade may work  out for them..

There are a bunch of trade charts floating around. The Dallas chart was put together by Jimmy Johnson when he was coach. Since then there have been charts based on average career accomplishments by draft slot, others based on historical trades, some which value pick 32 much higher than 33 due to the 5th year option, etc.

If you have PFF, this is an interesting article on the value of various picks.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-investigating-the-value-of-draft-picks-revisted

27 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

There are a bunch of trade charts floating around. The Dallas chart was put together by Jimmy Johnson when he was coach. Since then there have been charts based on average career accomplishments by draft slot, others based on historical trades, some which value pick 32 much higher than 33 due to the 5th year option, etc.

If you have PFF, this is an interesting article on the value of various picks.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-investigating-the-value-of-draft-picks-revisted

The original Dallas one was from someone on the staff, not the head coach.  I’m not sure if Jimmy was the head coach then or not.  The special I saw mentioned the guy that did it by name, but I can’t recall it.

Just now, sparky151 said:

And cost us a chance of taking Darnell Washington. That's the main drawback. 

Zac said we got the guy we wanted…so they weren’t drafting Washington.  [Of course that could just be coach-spesk].

:shrug: 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

And cost us a chance of taking Darnell Washington. That's the main drawback. 

Why on earth would you just assume the Bengals were going to take Washington there? Just because you wanted it to happen, doesn’t mean they did. Too funny. 

It's not like the Bengals took a credible alternative to Washington. If they had picked some other TE known as a decent inline player, we could have a discussion. At the moment we have the worst TE group in the NFL. We should have a "no donkey's" policy and replace guys who are clearly below average by league standards. But it looks like Sample and Asiasi are destined for the 53.

Archived