Last minute pre-draft moves

What moves do you think the team should make before the draft starts or we're on the clock?

I'd like to see at least one of Apple or Flowers re-signed. Ideally both. And sign Zeke Elliott if he's willing to play for 4 mil or less. We could also use a veteran backup QB but that doesn't need to be before the draft. See what the trade market for Jonah is and if we can get a 3rd, do it before the draft. We might get a better offer if there is an early run at LT. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont think we do anything pre draft.

I think we are set with what we are doing.

Post draft or even during the draft if we trade Johnna is more likely.

Much as I'd like to see it, who plays RT? Bet it all on Gimpy Collins and a rookie?

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Much as I'd like to see it, who plays RT? Bet it all on Gimpy Collins and a rookie?

Depends on how the draft falls. Who are we going to get before the draft to do that?

Personally if Wright is there at 28 I run to the podium, otherwise I think Jones in 2, but after 2 nobody is going to do better than what we already have.

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

After 2 nobody is going to do better than what we already have.

Can't agree with that, there's talent in every round. Orlando Brown was a 3rd round pick.

"What we already have" are the guy whose primary skill so far has been giving interviews and the guy we're talking about trading.

Simply put, we don't have a starting RT right now. 

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Can't agree with that, there's talent in every round. Orlando Brown was a 3rd round pick.

"What we already have" are the guy whose primary skill so far has been giving interviews and the guy we're talking about trading.

This is a weak draft for tackle if you don't get a guy early. Not really a fan of the draft a guy and see if he sticks philosophy. 

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This really is a BAD year to need a T in the draft and be picking 28th. Just no depth and not great developmental types at all. No one floating around in the mid-rounds that you will come within a mile of starting at RT in Week 1 for instance. 

Depending on how early the tackle run starts, it's likely Dawand is available at 28. Probably Harrison too. Maybe one of Wright or B Jones fall as well. In every mock simulation I've done, Dawand is available at 28. There have been some mocks with him going in the top 20 but they are outliers at this point.

Mixon has no trade value. Jonah should be worth a midround pick though. I'd rather have an extra pick for him than move up from 60 or 92. 

I could imagine the team trading down from 28 if someone wants to take Hendon Hooker and get the 5th year option. But that would only happen when we're on the clock. I hope the OT run doesn't start early and that most of the picks ahead of us are D-linemen, CBs, and WRs. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Not if Dawand Jones is there. 28 is about his value and he will not last until 60. 

He didn't test. he didn't workout. He didn't do anything after day 1 of senior bowl practices. He's a genuine unknown as to weight and fitness. I see his upside, I also see that he could be worse than Carman as rookie and beyond. If we take him at 28, I will hope, but...he comes with so. many. flags. 

1 minute ago, membengal said:

He didn't test. he didn't workout. He didn't do anything after day 1 of senior bowl practices. He's a genuine unknown as to weight and fitness. I see his upside, I also see that he could be worse than Carman as rookie and beyond. If we take him at 28, I will hope, but...he comes with so. many. flags. 

I'm willing to take that chance. If we pick D Jones, we could move on from Jonah's guaranteed contract and hang on to Collins until camp. Worst case we have the newly motivated and hard working Carman. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

This really is a BAD year to need a T in the draft and be picking 28th. Just no depth and not great developmental types at all. No one floating around in the mid-rounds that you will come within a mile of starting at RT in Week 1 for instance. 

I guess Ford is their plan B? Right now he'd probably be the starter, right?

Yikes.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I guess Ford is their plan B? Right now he'd probably be the starter, right?

Yikes.

No?

their starter is Williams. Carman is next up. Collins maybe back in mix by October. Ford is plan Z. Like, he's here on less than a vet min. 

45 minutes ago, membengal said:

No?

their starter is Williams. Carman is next up. Collins maybe back in mix by October. Ford is plan Z. Like, he's here on less than a vet min. 

Williams wants out. Carman looked maybe passable at LT. Collins has yet to be healthy since he got here and is rehabbing a knee.

Making Ford the current starting RT.

Again, yikes.

Literally, you are making shit up about Ford because you have a weird agenda. He's, at best, their 5th best current option. It doens't matter what Jonah wants, here's here under contract. He's option 1. Carman is option 2. A recovering Collins option 3 by October. Adeniji/Smith option 4. Then Ford. At best.  Again, he's here ON LESS THAN A VET MIN CONTRACT. Just...stop. Or, don't. I know you like to muckrake. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Even if the RT spot doesn’t get addressed tonight, that doesn’t mean that it won’t get addressed before the start of season. September is a long way off. 

You're not getting anyone better than what's on the roster right now that late I to the season 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

You're not getting anyone better than what's on the roster right now that late I to the season 

Unless they can pull off getting Darnell Wright or Broderick Jones, they’re not getting better than what’s on the roster this weekend either. 

Archived