1st Round - Myles Murphy - Defensive End

10 minutes ago, membengal said:

I already got into it with him this AM when he started in with they should have taken Derrick hall instead. 

He's a clown.  I don't even know how he has a following.  He even got into it the other day with Kelsey Conway playing the "guess you didn't do your own research" card, when she did and spoke with actual NFL front office sources about the topic.  He needs some more Star Wars dolls to play with.

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

I already got into it with him this AM when he started in with they should have taken Derrick hall instead. 

2 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

He's a clown.  I don't even know how he has a following.  He even got into it the other day with Kelsey Conway playing the "guess you didn't do your own research" card, when she did and spoke with actual NFL front office sources about the topic.  He needs some more Star Wars dolls to play with.

Since I cut the cord I have tried watching some podcasts and many are not very good.  Honestly, watching one after the draft last night they seemed heartbroken the Bengals picked Murphy. 

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

From a positional perspective, I like it.  The bottom line last year was our pass rush wasn't good enough.  If you can add Murphy into the mix at DE with Hubbard, Hendrickson and Ossai, I think you can have a nice four-man rotation that keeps everyone fresh.  This also can allow us to take Hubbard off of the field on 3rd downs or kick him inside.

Until injuries decimated our O line late in the year, our biggest weakness as a team definitely was pass rush. You can't have that be your biggest weakness in today's game. Nobody knew that more than the Bengals coaches and front office

The Bengals Dline coach Marion Hobby was Clemson's DL coach for 6 years, he knows everything there is to know about Murphy....I'm sure his Intel and connections had a lot to do with this pick. 

I love the pick, he's going to be Bengal for years. When you look at the expiring contracts on the Dline you can completely understand why they made this pick. After paying Burrow, Chase, and Higgins there won't be a lot money to pay Hendrickson and Hubbard. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The Bengals Dline coach Marion Hobby was Clemson's DL coach for 6 years, he knows everything there is to know about Murphy....I'm sure his Intel and connections had a lot to do with this pick. 

I love the pick, he's going to be Bengal for years. When you look at the expiring contracts on the Dline you can completely understand why they made this pick. After paying Burrow, Chase, and Higgins there won't be a lot money to pay Hendrickson and Hubbard. 

Hendrickson, Hill, and Hubbard are signed for at least 2 more years. Reader is going into his final year of his current deal. Bengals are 82 mil under the cap for 2024 at the moment (with Burrow counting at 30 mil on his 5th year option). So, of our current players, the rest of the 2020 draftees and Reader and Awuzie are the main guys to worry about. The team can easily afford to give Reader a 15 mil per year extension for a year or two, pay Tee about 20 mil, Wilson about 10, and have lots for other players too. If we move on from Mixon or Collins, that's even more cap space for 2024. 

Picking Murphy wasn't driven by cap considerations. 

• Jamie_B changed the title to 1st Round - Myles Murphy - Defensive End

Archived