1st Round - Myles Murphy - Defensive End

The more I watch and listen to reports about Myles Murphy seems a perfect pick..

Another pass rusher with run defending skills..

Rotation with Trey will  keep both relatively fresh thruout games..

Hubbard and Ossai to defend on power side with added pass pressure..

That unit could do wonderous things under the Mad Scientist's mind games with opposing offenses. 

• 3 weeks later...

Murphy also said it’s much easier to learn the Bengals playbook than it was when he was with the Tigers.

“At Clemson, we played a 4-3, 3-4, over, under, Bear, three-man front, dime, a little bit of everything,” Murphy said. “It’s a little bit simpler here and I’m learning it a little faster than I did at Clemson and that’s been a big benefit.”

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Murphy also said it’s much easier to learn the Bengals playbook than it was when he was with the Tigers.

“At Clemson, we played a 4-3, 3-4, over, under, Bear, three-man front, dime, a little bit of everything,” Murphy said. “It’s a little bit simpler here and I’m learning it a little faster than I did at Clemson and that’s been a big benefit.”

That's honestly surprising.  For all the "mad scientist" talk it sounds more like knowing the players and putting them in the right position to succeed against a given opponent. 

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That's honestly surprising.  For all the "mad scientist" talk it sounds more like knowing the players and putting them in the right position to succeed against a given opponent. 

the LouA scheme shenanigans involve the back 7 and especially the d-backs . 

Archived