Day 2 Wishlist

So who do you want today?
I’m pretty sure they will take a CB today but I don’t know enough about the guys to say. 
The other guys at the top of my list now are Musgrave, Jones, Laporta, and R Johnson.

Dawand Jones - Not sure the Bengals would be in on him, but I'd take the risk in a heartbeat.

Darius Rush- Just feels like an Anarumo guy at CB. Long, fast, productive, tough. 

Luke Musgrave- Probably a pipe dream he falls to 60 but love his size and athleticism at TE. 

Just don't have our every other year "WTF" 2nd round pick.

2022-  Good - CTB

2021 - WTF - Jackson Carmen -- most had him pegged for the 3rd or 4th round

2020 - Good - Tee Higgins 

2019 - WTF - Drew Sample -- most thought he was going in the 6th round

I'd love if Mayer, Benton, Adebawore, Brents, Stevenson, Porter Jr., Cam Smith, John Michael Schmitz, LaPorta or even Washington fell to us.

• On Monday, we discussed how some teams had medically flunked Georgia tight end Darnell Washington, and he was not alone, as other significant players received medical red flags. Among them is Baylor defensive tackle Siaki Ika. Ika had a shot at being a second-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, but he could slide to the mid-rounds after being flunked medically by some teams. Some franchises have some character concerns with Ika as well. While Ika is a beast against the run, he is viewed as a player who lacks a role in the sub package, so that limits his playing time significantly. Going in the third round of the 2023 NFL Draft is probably the best case scenario right now for Ika.

Interesting that Paul Dehner Jr. has multiple DTs on his shortlist of players he thinks the Bengals will be hoping for at 60. 

On one hand, DT seemed like a reasonable need heading into the draft, so makes sense. But man, with all the other needs, starting with back-to-back DL would be a little bit of a curveball. 

As an aside, I think Dehner was the first person covering the Bengals who started really talking up Myles Murphy and how much he thought the Bengals would want an edge in the first round. 

I put it elsewhere, but -

---TE - LaPorta, Musgrave, Kraft, Washington (assuming no injury flags from the Bengals on him) (assuming here that Mayer will go quick)

---CB - Cam Smith, Brents, Ringo, Rush, Turner...I guess Phillips altho not really as high on him (assuming that Porter goes quick)

---DT type - Benton, Dexter (would rush to the podium for Benton) (assuming the northwestern guy goes quick)

---T - Bergeron, D. Jones (would run people over for Bergeron at 60)

---RB - eh - Miller, Achane, Charbonnet (would almost prefer 4th round or later now for that crew)

---IOL - Mauch, Avila

---WR - wouldn't kick a Mingo or Dell or Hyatt to the curb

I think that is my general wish list. 

5 minutes ago, happyrid said:

Interesting that Paul Dehner Jr. has multiple DTs on his shortlist of players he thinks the Bengals will be hoping for at 60. 

On one hand, DT seemed like a reasonable need heading into the draft, so makes sense. But man, with all the other needs, starting with back-to-back DL would be a little bit of a curveball. 

As an aside, I think Dehner was the first person covering the Bengals who started really talking up Myles Murphy and how much he thought the Bengals would want an edge in the first round. 

I keep thinking about...the Eagles last night. They had a historically great sacking defense last year and...ADDED two more first round linemen to it. If we got the right IDL to add to the mix I would understand...

24 minutes ago, membengal said:

I keep thinking about...the Eagles last night. They had a historically great sacking defense last year and...ADDED two more first round linemen to it. If we got the right IDL to add to the mix I would understand...

True, though a lot of that is just replacing guys from last year, not straight upgrades.

Jalen Carter is basically just a 1-for-1 replacement for Javon Hargrave, who signed with San Fran. 

They also had three rotational guys, Ndamukong Suh, Robert Quinn, and Linval Joseph who are unsigned and potentially retiring. Nolan Smith takes some of those snaps. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

This is the key right here.  We have a ton of money invested in the d-line right now and really only one impact player when it comes to sacking the QB, Hendrickson.  Get guys in there that bring the average cost of the line down and sack numbers up.  Murphy starts that.  If Adabore (NW) falls, have AJ sprint to the podium to announce the pick.

1 hour ago, happyrid said:

True, though a lot of that is just replacing guys from last year, not straight upgrades.

Jalen Carter is basically just a 1-for-1 replacement for Javon Hargrave, who signed with San Fran. 

They also had three rotational guys, Ndamukong Suh, Robert Quinn, and Linval Joseph who are unsigned and potentially retiring. Nolan Smith takes some of those snaps. 

I think Carter and Smith are going to be the replacements for Cox and Graham next year.

We should probably wait until round 4 for a RB. My wish list for pick 60 is Dawand, Mayer, Washington in that order. Round 3 we can take a CB or if we take Dawand, should probably go TE, then RB. We could then re-sign Apple/Flowers or take a day 3 CB for depth. We don't have enough picks to cover all our needs and D-line wasn't really a need. 

Bengals need 2 names from this list tonight !!! ... 

(organized by position)

RT Dawand Jones

G/T Cody Mauch

C Joe Tippman 

RT Mathew Bergeron

RT Blake Freeland 

TE Michael Mayer 

TE Darnell Washington

TE Sam LaPorta

TE Zack Kuntz

RB Tyjae Spears

RB Tank Bigsby

RB Zach Charbonnet

LB Drew Sanders

DE Adetomiwa Adebawore 

DE Zach Harrison

S Antonio Johnson 

CB Tyrique Stevenson

CB Cam Smith 

CB Kelee Ringo

CB Julius Brents

CB Cory Trice Jr. 

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

Lap says Dawand recently tipped the scales at 393 and Lap is worried will be 410 shortly. 

Do with that what you will, but he has not worked for anyone since day 1 of senior bowl week and he didn't test. 

How does Lapham know what Jones weighs? Everyone else is complaining that they don't know his weight or 3 cone times. 

4 hours ago, happyrid said:

I doubt he’ll still be around but the idea of adding Keeanu Benton to that DL makes me drool. 

Archived