* ROUND 2 & 3 of the 2023 NFL DRAFT *

11 minutes ago, cnbengal said:

There is a reason  the Chiers are in the playoffs every year, they add to their offense, higher picks every year. this is second year in a row no top 3 picks on the offensive side of the ball. That is short sighted, especially when our tightends and running backs suck.

Hmmmmm...but the Chiefs spent 7 of their 10 draft picks last year on DEFENSE including the first two picks and 5 of the top 6 picks...one of the three players on offense was a lineman (OT) that didn't play a snap.  Yeah, they did hit on Pacheco but he was a Day 3 pick.  Maybe the Bengals hit on a Day 3 RB or a TE tomorrow? 

6 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Hmmmmm...but the Chiefs spent 7 of their 10 draft picks last year on DEFENSE including the first two picks and 5 of the top 6 picks...one of the three players on offense was a lineman (OT) that didn't play a snap.  Yeah, they did hit on Pacheco but he was a Day 3 pick.  Maybe the Bengals hit on a Day 3 RB or a TE tomorrow? 

And all they did was go win a Superbowl

Is this the same Darnell Washington that some of you guys are getting so worked up over?  (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/darnell-washington-1.html)

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Georgia         45 774 17.2 3 0 0   0 45 774 17.2 3
*2020 Georgia SEC FR TE 4 7 166 23.7 0 0 0   0 7 166 23.7 0
*2021 Georgia SEC SO TE 8 10 154 15.4 1 0 0   0 10 154 15.4 1
*2022 Georgia SEC SR TE 15 28 454 16.2 2 0 0   0 28 454 16.2 2

It's been widely reported that a lot of teams were failing him medically AND he had character concerns that weren't known about by the average fans.  It's really easy to see why the Bengals passed on him.  The only positives are that he's big and can block well.  Everything is else is all projection.  So, if all he's going to be is a jumbo package TE, then just throw another OT on the field instead.

1 minute ago, BBR said:

So, if all he's going to be is a jumbo package TE, then just throw another OT on the field instead.

In other words he could be our day one starter at RT? 

:ninja:

Truthfully don't give a shit about Washington but more blocking would be kind of nice

I will admit, I may be a bit overworked om Washington, and in hindsight, it os probably the right thing the Bengals didnt go after him---my thing is that they should have gone after someone.  Yes, we have gone after Offense a bit with Brown, after last years frenzy where we got Karas, Cappa, and Collins and it has improved things despite the ending fell with a thud.  I just want a TE to go the three Amigos we have at WR.  The NFL is tilted toward offense anyway and I want Burrow to have his own Travis Kelce to make Chase, Higgins and Boyd more lethal, and I think that can help the running game as well because there would be less bodies in the box for Mixon, Williams, or whoever else carries the rock.

7 hours ago, BBR said:

Is this the same Darnell Washington that some of you guys are getting so worked up over?  (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/darnell-washington-1.html)

It's been widely reported that a lot of teams were failing him medically AND he had character concerns that weren't known about by the average fans.  It's really easy to see why the Bengals passed on him.  The only positives are that he's big and can block well.  Everything is else is all projection.  So, if all he's going to be is a jumbo package TE, then just throw another OT on the field instead.

If he has character issues he went to the right team. Porter also had character issues (some uncontrolled fits on the files or something like that) so again, right team for that shit. 

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If he has character issues he went to the right team. Porter also had character issues (some uncontrolled fits on the files or something like that) so again, right team for that shit. 

Good, I hope that team implodes

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Good, I hope that team implodes

... and for the Browns to somehow fuck themselves over in some amazingly stunning new way that is entirely self-inflicted.  Also expecting the Ravens to be anointed the top team in the AFC North and have to listen to a bunch of BS excuses at the end of the season for why they just barely failed.

12 minutes ago, BBR said:

... and for the Browns to somehow fuck themselves over in some amazingly stunning new way that is entirely self-inflicted. 

You mean like trading away two years worth of draft picks just for the privilege of paying an overrated sex offender QB $250 million guaranteed?

Nah, even the Browns aren't that stupid. :ninja:

13 minutes ago, BBR said:

... and for the Browns to somehow fuck themselves over in some amazingly stunning new way that is entirely self-inflicted.  Also expecting the Ravens to be anointed the top team in the AFC North and have to listen to a bunch of BS excuses at the end of the season for why they just barely failed.

I think Antonio Brown proclaimed himself unretired and playing for the Ravens too, so if it turns out to be true I hope that locker room rots from the inside out 

48 minutes ago, Griever said:

I think Antonio Brown proclaimed himself unretired and playing for the Ravens too, so if it turns out to be true I hope that locker room rots from the inside out 

Brown is a nutjob...

Even Ravens can see that..

Stay retired dude..your done..

10 hours ago, BBR said:

Next Gen Stats had Washington as the 3rd most efficient receiver among the TEs in this draft. He was tied with Kraft with Kincaid and Mayer ranking 1st and 2nd. He's also like having an extra lineman as a blocker. He's married with a child so I'm not worried about him partying away his signing bonus. Unspecified medical issues that don't prevent a player from playing during the season or working out at the combine and pro day should be ignored. It's just people making stuff up in hopes a player falls to them. 

Archived