* ROUND 2 & 3 of the 2023 NFL DRAFT *

So apparently free agency is for the offense and the draft is for defense....i dont get it.  We should had selected washington--z Sqeels get him knowing the Bengals were targeting Washington, basically Pitts way of saying 'fuck you Bengals'.  This is what we get for taking Orlando Brown from KC--KC basically did a Kansas City Shuffle with us to screw up from our Travis Kelce.   I am NOT HAPPY at all with these events.

I wouldn't say it's free agency for offense. We need 2 RBs, 1 to replace Perine and 1 to replace Mixon. I wouldn't have minded re-signing Perine or adding a low mileage vet like D'Ernest Johnson or even now adding Zeke Elliott on a cheapish deal. But the main ball carrier should come from this draft and there are plenty of options at RB. Assuming we want to extend Burrow, Higgins, and Wilson, we'll still have plenty of cap space next year. We're about 82 mil under the cap with Burrow counting 30 mil on his 5th year option. We can gain even more cap space if we trade Jonah or cut Collins or Mixon. Maybe the Brown family has cash flow issues but the team certainly doesn't have cap issues. 

5 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

there is still free agency after the draft,  take a breath.  there were 92  passes on TE washington before pitt finally picked him. 

just remember that when we watch him go off for 100 plus with multiple TDs since we can't cover tightends for sh**

Maybe just let's wait and see how bad Washington's knee is before we start awarding him 100 yard games on a weekly basis and OROY?  If the Bengals wanted him, they would have stood pat at 92 and picked him.  Just sayin'. 

5 minutes ago, cnbengal said:

just remember that when we watch him go off for 100 plus with multiple TDs since we can't cover tightends for sh**

Your overestimating Washingtons ability to separate ..

There's also concerns about his knees...

Might want to hold up the applause on him for now..

1 minute ago, cnbengal said:

If that's true, why does it matter that it's Washington?  Sounds like pretty much any TE can go for "100 plus with multiple TDs" on us, right?  It also sounds like the actual problem is our ability to cover TE's, so shouldn't you be ecstatic that we're taking as many CB's and S's as possible, especially fast ones?

People need to calm down and stop falling in love with prospects.  Washington has freakish physical gifts with very little production to go along with it.  He might very well pan out and be a great TE for the Stealers, but people who seem to consider this an indisputable guaranteed outcome are ONLY basing that on his physical gifts, and that's just silly.

46 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I wouldn't say it's free agency for offense. We need 2 RBs, 1 to replace Perine and 1 to replace Mixon

Again, why? They're locked in to starting Mixon (Lord knows why but they are) and either of the two other backs on the roster can do what little Perine did for us..

They'll probably bring someone in to create a whiff of competition on the back end of the depth chart but Mixon will be plodding along again for us unless he's locked up or suspended.

FWIW I'd agree that's extremely stupid, but it's what they're doing.

I just think Washingtons upside is much higher for the team than another average speed safety. Tyler Boyds replacements needs to be drafted this year, he won't be resigned.

The further down this draft we go the talent drops of pretty radically. I just think Battle is average.

58 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Lou said, he was done on his side during their interview, so that means probably all O tomorrow.

Yeah I'm guessing DL-DB-DB was a surprise to everyone here. I'm good with it (other than the implications at RB and RT)  just not at all what I expected.

There is a reason  the Chiers are in the playoffs every year, they add to their offense, higher picks every year. this is second year in a row no top 3 picks on the offensive side of the ball. That is short sighted, especially when our tightends and running backs suck.

Archived