* ROUNDS 4 - 7 of the 2023 NFL DRAFT *

4 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I guess OL RB and TE are not a concern?  Unreal. 

As I've been saying..

There are 3 different guys on the roster competing for the RT spot as of now, so no.

The team is married to Joe Mixon (at least publicly) for whatever reason plus we have 2 other guys patiently waiting for an opportunity if he's suspended and/or jailed. Also, we run the ball less than all but a handful of NFL teams. So again, no, not a need.

Irv Smith had as many TDs as Hurst last year (a whopping 2) and only played half the season. He's also 5 years younger. With this WR core the TE position is not terribly important so, surely not for the last time but here's hoping, not a need.

They really seem to be sticking to their board rankings and going BPA. This is the way.

Ball security is the main thing the Bengals like about Charlie Jones. Just noting this: Tyler Boyd has the best hands on the Bengals roster and is entering his final year on his contract in Cincinnati. Sure feels like Charlie Jones is set up to be his replacement

4 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I’m a Purdue guy, and Charlie Jones certainly was so fun to watch this past fall, but I was thinking/hoping for TE, RB, or OL.  

I hope that the Bengals are already renewing contact with some free agents…  

See my post above but tl;dr I don't think they see those as positions of great need.

Zack Kuntz-Old Dominion (3) C
Sean Tucker-Syracuse (3)
Dwayne McBride-UAB (3)
Israel Abanikanda-Pitt (4)
Kenny McIntosh-Georgia (4)
Zach Evans-Ole Miss (5) V
Keaton Mitchell-E Carolina (5) V
Deuce Vaughn-K State (5)
Jarrett Patterson-ND (5) 2C
Ivan Pace-Cincinnati (5) V
Sirvocea Dennis-Pittsburgh (5) C

Could see them drafting 2-3 RBs and letting the bottom 4 guys battle for 2 spots. I don't agree with it. 

13 minutes ago, lslmustang said:
Ball security is the main thing the Bengals like about Charlie Jones. Just noting this: Tyler Boyd has the best hands on the Bengals roster and is entering his final year on his contract in Cincinnati. Sure feels like Charlie Jones is set up to be his replacement

Kid.'s a true baller..

I like this pick..

I'm surprised Darius Rush lasted until round 5.

Bengals still have a glaring need to strengthen the strong side blocking. Jonah at RT and Irv Smith at TE don't phase anyone. Teams will just overload that side and make Burrow throw while running to his left. We should have picked Jones before Cleveland did. We also need a TE who can both block and run routes. Maybe Durham is the target?

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

As I've been saying..

There are 3 different guys on the roster competing for the RT spot as of now, so no.

The team is married to Joe Mixon (at least publicly) for whatever reason plus we have 2 other guys patiently waiting for an opportunity if he's suspended and/or jailed. Also, we run the ball less than all but a handful of NFL teams. So again, no, not a need.

Irv Smith had as many TDs as Hurst last year (a whopping 2) and only played half the season. He's also 5 years younger. With this WR core the TE position is not terribly important so, surely not for the last time but here's hoping, not a need.

They really seem to be sticking to their board rankings and going BPA. This is the way.

This...Spot On...

Archived