* ROUNDS 4 - 7 of the 2023 NFL DRAFT *

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Now give me Keaton Mitchell, Michael Turk and Ivan Pace with these last 3 picks and I’ll be ecstatic.

Gotta give Tobin credit - they've done a great job at letting the board come to them. No reaching. No panic. 

Just now, esjbh2 said:

Funny....ESPN dorks just commented on how awesome his pass protecting is.

That was a surprise. 

The Beast: KNESSES: Average run power and not a consistent drive-through-contact runner … slight hip tightness and can be tripped up by arm tackles … inconsistent second-level cuts … accelerates well, but pull-away gear doesn’t always match timed speed … inconsistent blocking reps on tape, either missing the blitzer or struggling to square and sustain … ball security must improve (five fumbles in 2022) … smaller target as a pass catcher … low touchdown production considering his offensive touches … suffered two Grade-2 AC sprains as a junior, one in preseason camp (August 2021) and another vs. Maryland (September 2021).

Just now, esjbh2 said:

Funny....ESPN dorks just commented on how awesome his pass protecting is.

Eh, almost all of the talking-head-speak should be ignored.

Brown himself said at the combine pass protection is his main area to work on (and FWIW he says it is what he's been working on the most).  Any RB we get had better be able to pass protect, but more importantly if we, as so many here are hoping, are getting rid of Mixon in favour of some rookie, he HAS TO  be able to block, now.  Luckily I don't think that's the approach we're going to see, and this guy has some time to learn and prove he can do it.

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

That was a surprise. 

The Beast: KNESSES: Average run power and not a consistent drive-through-contact runner … slight hip tightness and can be tripped up by arm tackles … inconsistent second-level cuts … accelerates well, but pull-away gear doesn’t always match timed speed … inconsistent blocking reps on tape, either missing the blitzer or struggling to square and sustain … ball security must improve (five fumbles in 2022) … smaller target as a pass catcher … low touchdown production considering his offensive touches … suffered two Grade-2 AC sprains as a junior, one in preseason camp (August 2021) and another vs. Maryland (September 2021).

Maybe he makes the roster, maybe not. We're in that part of the draft.

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Any RB we get had better be able to pass protect

That'd be nice but Mixon still sucks at it and they're about to pay him top 5 money to do it. Maybe they think they already have that guy on the roster, IDK. Not to beat a dead horse but their attachment to Mixon is puzzling.

I'd still draft another RB. McBride was my 3rd favorite back in this draft. 

Zack Kuntz-Old Dominion (3) C
Payne Durham-Purdue (5-6)
Jarrett Patterson-ND (5) 2C
Davis Allen-Clemson (5) C
Sean Tucker-Syracuse (3)
Dwayne McBride-UAB (3)
Kenny McIntosh-Georgia (4)
Zach Evans-Ole Miss (5) V
Keaton Mitchell-E Carolina (5) V
Deuce Vaughn-K State (5)
Ivan Pace-Cincinnati (5) V
Keondre Coburn-Texas (6)
Dante Stills-WV (6) D
Anfernee Orji-Vanderbilt (6) C
Cam Jones-Indiana (6) 3C
Isaiah Moore-NC State (6) 3C
Shaka Heyward-Duke (6) C
Aubrey Miller-Jackson St (6)

3 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I just thought about something. Do you think a team ever accidentally tries to take a player that has already been taken? Like in fantasy drafts?

I  think I read/heard somewhere on that at some point over the years, that the NFL has people ready to make sure and let a team know if they've done that before they turn their card in. 

Zack Kuntz-Old Dominion (3) C
Dwayne McBride-UAB (3)
Sean Tucker-Syracuse (3)
Andre Carter-Army (4)
Cory Trice-Purdue (3)
Jarrett Patterson-ND (5) 2C
Luke Wypler-OSU
Kenny McIntosh-Georgia (4)
Zach Evans-Ole Miss (5) V
Keaton Mitchell-E Carolina (5) V
Deuce Vaughn-K State (5)
Ivan Pace-Cincinnati (5) V