AFC NORTH & 2023 Drafts

AFC North Drafts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC North team had the best draft?

• Bengals
    • Ravens
    • Squeelers
    • Browns
  2. 2. Other than the Bengals, who had the best draft?

• Ravens
    • Squeelers
    • Browns
  3. 3. Are you worried what Darnell Washington will do in Shittsburgh?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  4. 4. Are you worried about Dawand Jones being good in Queefland?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  5. 5. Which team is the biggest threat to the Bengals next season of the 3?

• Ravens
    • Squeelers
    • Browns

NEW BENGALS 

Myles Murphy – DE, Clemson

DJ Turner II – CB, Michigan

Jordan Battle – S, Alabama

Charlie Jones – WR, Purdue

Chase Brown – RB, Illinois

Andrei Iosivas – WR, Princeton

Brad Robbins – P, Michigan

DJ Ivey – CB, Miami

NEW RAVENS 

Zay Flowers – WR, Boston College

Trenton Simpson – OLB, Clemson

Tavius Robinson – DE, Mississippi

Kyu Blu Kelly – CB, Stanford

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu – OT, Oregon

Andrew Vorhees – G, USC

NEW SQUEELERS 

Broderick Jones – OT, Georgia

Joey Porter Jr. – CB, Penn State

Keeanu Benton – DT, Wisconsin

Darnell Washington – TE, Georgia

Nick Herbig – LB, Wisconsin

Cory Trice Jr. – CB, Purdue

Spencer Anderson – G, Maryland

NEW TURDS 

Cedric Tillman – WR, Tennessee

Siaki Ika – DT, Baylor

Dawand Jones – OT, Ohio State

Isaiah McGuire – DE, Missouri

Dorian Thompson-Robinson – QB, UCLA

Cameron Mitchell – CB, Northwestern

Luke Wypler – C, Ohio State

Questions

1. Which opposing player are you worried about the most? 

2. Is there a player the Bengals took that you would have preferred we take instead, that one of the AFC North teams took? 

3. Do you think the Bengals draft better than the other 3 teams on average? 

There are a few players that concern me ... 

- I think Zay Flowers is very explosive and could cause problems in Baltimore. Thankfully the RB throwing to him has field vision issues.

- The size of Darnell Washington I think could be a problem if his knees are healthy. This is all the more reason to bring back 6'3 Tre Flowers for his size. Bengals traditionally struggle with TEs down the middle and covering one with a 18 foot wingspan isn't ideal. 

- Dawand Jones I think will either be an absolute bust and eat himself out the league, or be an All Pro that everyone wonders why teams skipped on. His massive arm length cannot be taught. Hopefully he lacks motivation once he gets a little money and is an afterthought. 

Stealers added the best collection of talent. Browns filled some needs, especially at WR and DT. Ravens needed a better CB than the one they eventually picked. 

The other teams will go as far as their QBs take them. We'll see if Watson can regain his form of 3 years ago. I doubt Lamar can and am not worried about Pickett. 

17 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bengals breakdown was lazy and a waste of time...the punter kicks it high and far.....talk about expert analysis..

Also, I think Zay Flowers is the most overhyped player in this draft, as if the Ravens haven't drafted shifty slot WR's in the past....Hollywood Brown, Devin Duvernay, James Proche, etc... Flowers isn't overly fast, strong, etc...and he struggles with drops. If he had an accurate QB that gets the ball out his hands quickly, then yeah...but he doesn't. 

News flash, no WR is going to have success with Lamar at WR because he's not a good QB. Good/great QBs make WRs better because they give them consistent opportunities to develop, QBs that look to run instead of going through their progressions do not. 

I get the NFL has to hype up the rookies because of marketing and lack of real content, but just because the Ravens drafted a slot WR from the football factory of Boston College and signed OBJ who is coming off his 

31 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

QBs that look to run instead of going through their progressions do not. 

I don't think I agree with the narrative that Lamar doesn't go though his progressions or is a RB playing QB.  Yes, he runs a lot, but a lot of those are designed.  He really hasn't had great receivers so if they're not open of course he'll run.  However, he's more than capable in the pocket and he shows that a lot.  I'm nervous what will happen when/if he gets some good WRs.  

39 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I don't think I agree with the narrative that Lamar doesn't go though his progressions or is a RB playing QB.  Yes, he runs a lot, but a lot of those are designed.  He really hasn't had great receivers so if they're not open of course he'll run.  However, he's more than capable in the pocket and he shows that a lot.  I'm nervous what will happen when/if he gets some good WRs.  

He hasn't shown the ability or desire to stay in the pocket and throw the football in under 2.5 secs after going through multiple reads on a consistent basis, which is why he's never come close to winning a Super Bowl. 

An injury-prone OBJ and rookie WR isn't going to make Lamar into some dynamic passing QB, he's dangerous as a dual threat but as a pure pocket passer not so much. Lou has had success against Lamar because he has forced him to stay in the pocket and consistently make accurate throws and he can't do it. I don't think a one-legged OBJ and rookie slot receiver from a weak WR draft is going to change that. 

42 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He hasn't shown the ability or desire to stay in the pocket and throw the football in under 2.5 secs after going through multiple reads on a consistent basis, which is why he's never come close to winning a Super Bowl. 

An injury-prone OBJ and rookie WR isn't going to make Lamar into some dynamic passing QB, he's dangerous as a dual threat but as a pure pocket passer not so much. Lou has had success against Lamar because he has forced him to stay in the pocket and consistently make accurate throws and he can't do it. I don't think a one-legged OBJ and rookie slot receiver from a weak WR draft is going to change that. 

They also have Bateman from last year, and they picked up Algahor (sp?)…and they have Andrews at TE.    I don’t think that underestimating what they have in the passing game is wise.  

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

They also have Bateman from last year, and they picked up Algahor (sp?)…and they have Andrews at TE.    I don’t think that underestimating what they have in the passing game is wise.  

Nelson Algahor is on his 4th team since he was drafted 8 years ago...in a passing league, a good WR isn't going to be on a new team every 2 years. Bateman has talent but he's not developing. Bateman has 800 yards receiving yards total going into year 3 of his career, so forgive me if he doesn't strike me as an unstoppable weapon that should make the Ravens' offense formidable. 

Despite the media hype, all they did was add OBJ who took 14 months to recover from his 2nd ACL tear of his left knee, a rookie that feasted on mediocre comp in the ACC. The Ravens haven't develop a good WR in a long time, no reason that should happen now just because Lamar Jackson re-signed with the team. 

I live in Atlanta and they had the same issue with Marcus Mariota as the Falcons drafted Kyle Pitts and Drake London in back-to-back drafts with top 10 picks. Mariota is similar to Lamar, but Lamar is better, but they have a similar style of play and the WRs that play for those types of QB don't develop because of the limitations of the QB. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Lamar did lead the league in touchdown passes his MVP season in addition to all the rushing yards. But he hasn't looked especially dangerous as a passer the last couple of years. 

That was a lifetime ago in NFL years as the average career is 3 years, in the last 3 seasons since he won defenses have figured him out he hasn't had nearly the amount of success he had in the past. 

56 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

As an aside, I think it is awkward that the Browns call their draft picks on video zoom ... Zac's old school audio call method is preferable 

Part of the family...that's rich coming from a NFL team...don't piss on my leg and tell it's raining...it's a business, a very cutthroat business..

That being said I wish we would have drafted him but I will defer to the guys who do this professionally and have way more intel than me. 

Cleveland is the team that worries me the most as they seem to have Burrow's number and have a ton of talent, there are quite a few guys in Cleveland I wouldn't mind seeing on the Bengals. Nick Chubb, Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward...they have the talent to compete and if Watson can regain his previous form they will be a tough out. 

Archived