8. 8. DJ Ivey, CB

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C or worse
  9. 9. Which Bengals draft pick is your favorite? (personally)

• Myles Murphy
    • DJ Turner
    • Jordan Battle
    • Charlie Jones
    • Chase Brown
    • Andrei Iosivas
    • Brad Robbins
    • DJ Ivey
  10. 10. Which Bengals draftee will have the best 2023 Season and contribute the most?

• Myles Murphy
    • DJ Turner
    • Jordan Battle
    • Charlie Jones
    • Chase Brown
    • Andrei Iosivas
    • Brad Robbins
    • DJ Ivey

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Mixon is RB1 and is going to remain RB1, they told you that before the draft. 

No you're right, I thought they were over starting bad overpriced players because of their feelings. Not quite there yet I suppose 

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No you're right, I thought they were over starting bad overpriced players because of their feelings. Not quite there yet I suppose 

If Mixon is on the team next year, it will be because he took a significant pay cut in line with other comparable RBs in the league. Then he won't be "overpriced" anymore.

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Letting go of every player that has had one down year (and I still will argue it was the Oline because when the holes were there he ran though them) is not how you build a winning team. If he has another year like this past one sure, move on, but you don't build good teams every time a guy has an off year. You let him have a chance to come back. If we cut every guy that had a down year we'd never get anywhere.

And Im not even convinced that he was the problem, sorry I'm not jumping in on that group think.

49 minutes ago, dex said:

If Mixon is on the team next year, it will be because he took a significant pay cut in line with other comparable RBs in the league. Then he won't be "overpriced" anymore.

I hope so but we've seen no indication of it. 

Good chance Brown outplays him. 

And then they will take turns :ninja:

43 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Letting go of every player that has had one down year (and I still will argue it was the Oline because when the holes were there he ran though them) is not how you build a winning team. If he has another year like this past one sure, move on, but you don't build good teams every time a guy has an off year. You let him have a chance to come back. If we cut every guy that had a down year we'd never get anywhere.

And Im not even convinced that he was the problem, sorry I'm not jumping in on that group think.

You don't think Perine outplayed him?

Good teams sure seem willing to cut underperforming overpaid players that embarrass them off the field.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:rolleyes:

C'mon man...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/running-back/

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/

If they were talking about open competition instead of anointing Mixon like he'd pulled a sword from a stone I might agree with your second point. 

Miles Sanders isn't better than Mixon, neither is Montgomery or Jamaal Williams. As for the draft eligible guys,  cmon man are you really arguing that a college guy who has never taken a snap in the NFL is hands down better than a Pro Bowler.  Maybe they will be but no one that was available at 28 was hands down better than Mixon. 

Mixon is the best option and until he's proven guilty I'm not going to assume he's guilty of any crime. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Miles Sanders isn't better than Mixon, neither is Montgomery or Jamaal Williams. As for the draft eligible guys,  cmon man are you really arguing that a college guy who has never taken a snap in the NFL is hands down better than a Pro Bowler.  Maybe they will be but no one that was available at 28 was hands down better than Mixon. 

Mixon is the best option and until he's proven guilty I'm not going to assume he's guilty of any crime. 

He went to one Pro Bowl, so did Kordell Stewart, quit acting like that makes him good.

Mixon is the best option because they made no effort to replace him.  If all I have in the fridge is week-old Chinese food sure it's the "best" option but maybe I should've stopped at the store on the way home.

Aside from the charges being refiled which would indicate some kind of evidence, they've also got his BIL dumping a god damn mini-AK in his back yard.  If he's got that kind of shit going on around him there is clearly a problem.

Why are you so hell bent on defending this guy? You really think the team had no better option, at all? 

I would agree that the Bengals should have made a better effort to have a Mixon replacement ready to go. With advancing age, declining production, legal troubles, and a $12M price tag  the writing is on the wall.  

But….as it stands today they need the guy. No chance they are going into the season paper thin at RB by cutting Mixon. Elliott seems to be declining even faster than Mixon, so that’s a no go.  If Fournette has lost 20+ pounds Inwould kick the tires on him. Otherwise, get ready for Joe and his gun show this season. 

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He went to one Pro Bowl, so did Kordell Stewart, quit acting like that makes him good.

Mixon is the best option because they made no effort to replace him.  If all I have in the fridge is week-old Chinese food sure it's the "best" option but maybe I should've stopped at the store on the way home.

Aside from the charges being refiled which would indicate some kind of evidence, they've also got his BIL dumping a god damn mini-AK in his back yard.  If he's got that kind of shit going on around him there is clearly a problem.

Why are you so hell bent on defending this guy? You really think the team had no better option, at all? 

So you are blaming Mixon for his BIL actions, I have an idiot BIL as well it's a good thing I don't get blamed for everything he does. If Mixon is found guilty in a court of law then that changes the conversation but until then I'm going to assume he's innocent...you know like the law states... innocent until proven guilty, due process...whatever. 

You keep talking about replacing Mixon but you haven't given a realistic option of who to replace him with that is obviously better. Elliot is washed up, Miles Sanders played behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, has injury concerns, and only went over 1,000 yards once in his career...I would take Mixon over him as an every-down back. 

I asked you to name one RB that the Bengals could have signed to replace Mixon and you couldn't/wouldn't name one, but you keep on ranting about how he needs to be replaced. It sounds like you want to complain about something without having a realistic solution in mind, which is a bit childish if you ask me. Are there better RB's in the NFL than Joe Mixon, absolutely, can the Bengals get them..maybe, but they know what Mixon can do and how he can produce in this offense and they are going to go with the proven commodity instead of blowing up the RB room while they are in midst of chasing a SB. 

When Mixon ran for 105 yards and a TD vs. the Bills in the playoffs I don't remember you wanting his head on a platter. Let's see what he can do behind a hopefully improved offensive line in a critical year before you cast him away. 

Also, going to a Pro Bowl does mean that you are good at playing football in the NFL...it's literally the purpose of the game. When players are selected to the Pro Bowl that means that fans, players, and coaches have recognized this player as being good. Why are you trying so hard to invalidate all of Mixon's accomplishments, it's making you seem incapable of having a logical conversation about this. Denying that Mixon is good or has value is just silly, it's like you are denying the obvious just to prove a point. 

The Zeke Elliot stuff is mind numbing. Anyone who has watched him and then watched Mixon and thought that their "YPC is the same" is a legit argument just isn't being honest about it. Like did you watch both and not be able to tell that Elliot is washed?

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The Zeke Elliot stuff is mind numbing. Anyone who has watched him and then watched Mixon and thought that their "YPC is the same" is a legit argument just isn't being honest about it. Like did you watch both and not be able to tell that Elliot is washed?

The need to be right is astounding...no one thinks the current version of Zeke Elliot is better than Joe Mixon, but don't let that stand in the way of a good argument. 

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The need to be right is astounding...no one thinks the current version of Zeke Elliot is better than Joe Mixon, but don't let that stand in the way of a good argument. 

It's weird, because at some point every one of us has been wrong about something. It's ok to admit when we are wrong, it's a sign of character. but the internet somehow makes us behave differently than we might in real life.

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It seems to me that last year, when we signed the 3 Olinemen in free agency, the talk was that with this new line, Mixon was going to explode. That didn't quite materialize as expected, partially due to injury and missing a few games,  but his catches increased. For better or worse, we are stuck with him for now.

What no one has mentioned is if Mixon may be facing any kind of suspension for the off the field issues. If so, we may get to find out sooner rather than later what Chase Brown can do and it may be time for Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans to put up or shut up once and for all. 

3 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

It seems to me that last year, when we signed the 3 Olinemen in free agency, the talk was that with this new line, Mixon was going to explode. That didn't quite materialize as expected, partially due to injury and missing a few games,  but his catches increased. For better or worse, we are stuck with him for now.

What no one has mentioned is if Mixon may be facing any kind of suspension for the off the field issues. If so, we may get to find out sooner rather than later what Chase Brown can do and it may be time for Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans to put up or shut up once and for all. 

Yup, Collins has been entirely disappointing. Hoping it was due to being playing injured all year and he can come back and actually play worth something, or that Carman steps up because I don't have a whole lot of faith in the RT position right now and I full on believe that not having a run mauling RT is the biggest issue with the running game.

Do we think that Mixon will face any suspension, if found guilty, for road rage? Kind of would surprise me but the league does seem to be trigger happy when it comes to suspensions with us.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I've advocated in these parts for getting Zeke to replace the Perine role, not the Mixon role. 

17 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Wait, you're now saying last year's O-line was worse than the 2021 group? That his reduced effectiveness wasn't because he's lost a step but because the line couldn't block for him except the Panthers game? 

33 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yup, Collins has been entirely disappointing. Hoping it was due to being playing injured all year and he can come back and actually play worth something, or that Carman steps up because I don't have a whole lot of faith in the RT position right now and I full on believe that not having a run mauling RT is the biggest issue with the running game.

Do we think that Mixon will face any suspension, if found guilty, for road rage? Kind of would surprise me but the league does seem to be trigger happy when it comes to suspensions with us.

If Mixon is convicted for waving a gun at a woman, he'll certainly be suspended. I'd guess 3 games. He may also be suspended for the shooting incident in his neighborhood. He's not facing any charges there so the NFL is free to impose discipline. The shooter is a career criminal who was on probation but had a gun at Mixon's house. That doesn't make it look like Joe was uninvolved, just that his sister's boyfriend took action. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Wait, you're now saying last year's O-line was worse than the 2021 group? That his reduced effectiveness wasn't because he's lost a step but because the line couldn't block for him except the Panthers game? 

It was worst at least at right tackle, Collins was measurably worse than Rieley Rieff. What do you mean "now"? 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If Mixon is convicted for waving a gun at a woman, he'll certainly be suspended. I'd guess 3 games. He may also be suspended for the shooting incident in his neighborhood. He's not facing any charges there so the NFL is free to impose discipline. The shooter is a career criminal who was on probation but had a gun at Mixon's house. That doesn't make it look like Joe was uninvolved, just that his sister's boyfriend took action. 

When has the league ever suspended anyone for something someone else he was related to did? Name me one time.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It's weird, because at some point every one of us has been wrong about something. It's ok to admit when we are wrong, it's a sign of character. but the internet somehow makes us behave differently than we might in real life.

Oh here we go with the concern trolling "sOmE peOplE jUsT haVe tO be rIGhT" shit after a 5 paragraph essay calling me childish.

Get a hold of yourself dude, Joe Mixon doesn't care, he's not coming to your birthday party. Just let it go.

48 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He's standing right there next to him while dude hip-fires rifle rounds in the middle of a neighborhood. Maybe that's not against the law, IDK, but it's sure as shit idiot behavior and a valid reason to wonder what the hell is going on with Mixon to make them think that's a reasonable course of action.

The backbending to defend this guy is pretty wild.

Archived