8. 8. DJ Ivey, CB

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C or worse
  9. 9. Which Bengals draft pick is your favorite? (personally)

• Myles Murphy
    • DJ Turner
    • Jordan Battle
    • Charlie Jones
    • Chase Brown
    • Andrei Iosivas
    • Brad Robbins
    • DJ Ivey
  10. 10. Which Bengals draftee will have the best 2023 Season and contribute the most?

• Myles Murphy
    • DJ Turner
    • Jordan Battle
    • Charlie Jones
    • Chase Brown
    • Andrei Iosivas
    • Brad Robbins
    • DJ Ivey

On 5/4/2023 at 12:32 AM, T-Dub said:

I'd like to know how the ex-con BIL got the mini-AK. I'd also like to see video of the kids arriving because I'm guessing it looked more like grabass kids piling out of a clown car than it did a cartel death squad in balaclavas using hand signals.

Just seems like a wild overreaction for peaceful people minding their own business & definitely not up to anything shady. Although, there's a lot of hair-trigger nonsense going around lately.

Thankful that Lamonte can't aim for shit.

He may have owned it prior to his disability to own a firearm. He would have been in compliance to store it to an approved location, it's not like its always confinsated and LE doesn't have the manpower to enforce it anyway.

As previously mentioned, everything changes after dark.

Cars stopping outside your house and individuals jump out and go different ways with "something" in their hands next to your property?

After having threats (which needs to be checked thoroughly)?

I'm so glad a tragedy was avoided but these kids were completely in the wrong, out of hand and very lucky.

I have no problem with very severe penalties in store for the shooter and his GF for evidence tampering,

but I'm not seeing Joe so far being guilty in this situation of anything but bad family choices, and many of us can relate.

In short, this home should not be tied to his road rage issue (which in its self may be enough to move on if proved),

if not then this issue must be considered individually.

18 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

He may have owned it prior to his disability to own a firearm. He would have been in compliance to store it to an approved location, it's not like its always confinsated and LE doesn't have the manpower to enforce it anyway.

As previously mentioned, everything changes after dark.

Cars stopping outside your house and individuals jump out and go different ways with "something" in their hands next to your property?

After having threats (which needs to be checked thoroughly)?

I'm so glad a tragedy was avoided but these kids were completely in the wrong, out of hand and very lucky.

I have no problem with very severe penalties in store for the shooter and his GF for evidence tampering,

but I'm not seeing Joe so far being guilty in this situation of anything but bad family choices, and many of us can relate.

In short, this home should not be tied to his road rage issue (which in its self may be enough to move on if proved),

if not then this issue must be considered individually.

Understand your POV but I still think anyone that runs out on their lawn to blast at shadows with a mini-AK is into something. Joe was standing right next to him like that's normal behavior. Something ain't right over there.

Aside from all that, he's not been very good at his job. Yet he's making top 5 money for the position.

Despite all this, the Bengals are acting like they're married to him. I don't get it.

Yeah, you can't just shoot at people in the street or neighboring yards just because you have a bad feeling about them. If the kids were confirmed to be on Mixon's property and armed (even with toy guns), that's another story. But it still doesn't excuse the felon for having a gun, letting alone opening fire on kids in the distance. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, you can't just shoot at people in the street or neighboring yards just because you have a bad feeling about them. If the kids were confirmed to be on Mixon's property and armed (even with toy guns), that's another story. But it still doesn't excuse the felon for having a gun, letting alone opening fire on kids in the distance. 

Right, unless Joe made a straw purchase I don't think he's in legal trouble over that. Would probably be smart to pay the kid's medical and such though.

Legality aside it's definitely not a good look overall. 

On the plus side he's under more scrutiny now than when he entered the draft after punching the sorority Karen. If he's ever going to go off and look like the player they're paying for, this would be the time. 

Where did this stuff about him taking a pay cut originate? Sounds like pure speculation from a bored Twitter journo

Mixon may well have legal exposure for his sister's boyfriend shooting kids from his property. If it were a complete surprise that he had a gun, Mixon could likely escape liability. But given the guy's lengthy criminal record, that's a hard sell. If Mixon can be shown to have known the guy usually had a gun with him despite it being illegal, he could be found to be a party to the shooting by hosting the dude. 

27 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Mixon may well have legal exposure for his sister's boyfriend shooting kids from his property. If it were a complete surprise that he had a gun, Mixon could likely escape liability. But given the guy's lengthy criminal record, that's a hard sell. If Mixon can be shown to have known the guy usually had a gun with him despite it being illegal, he could be found to be a party to the shooting by hosting the dude. 

Where are the charges?

29 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Where are the charges?

At this point there are no legal charges against Joe in the neighborhood issue and that will need to be investigated. 

At this point Joe is not guilty of brandishing a weapon that he is accused of.

Until he is guilty of either, should we be considering either a reason he should be on the team?

Let's stay with his performance as a RB, including his blocking, which many think suck and receiving abilities, good or bad, as a reason to cut him until any outside issues are proven and considered.

Kinda like it used to be.

6 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

At this point there are no legal charges against Joe in the neighborhood issue and that will need to be investigated. 

At this point Joe is not guilty of brandishing a weapon that he is accused of.

Until he is guilty of either, should we be considering either a reason he should be on the team?

Let's stay with his performance as a RB, including his blocking, which many think suck and receiving abilities, good or bad, as a reason to cut him until any outside issues are proven and considered.

Kinda like it used to be.

And to quote me, this needs to be broken down in 2 discussions, one of Joe being not guilty in off field issues and the other of his job performance.

I have a feeling that's the fair way and how the team is looking at it.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Understand your POV but I still think anyone that runs out on their lawn to blast at shadows with a mini-AK is into something. Joe was standing right next to him like that's normal behavior. Something ain't right over there.

Aside from all that, he's not been very good at his job. Yet he's making top 5 money for the position.

Despite all this, the Bengals are acting like they're married to him. I don't get it.

Whether any fan, aanalyst,  media or whoever thinkk Joe Mixon has a failing history and less than expected production from him..

The whole organization wants to keep him..

They believe with an average oline this year he can make critical (3rd downs )

His locker room presence is allmost unmatched.

Coaches,  players front office love

his enthusiasm on the field and in the locker room . 

Im hoping for a 1000yrd year from him

with Brown and Williams running hard behind him..

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Whether any fan, aanalyst,  media or whoever thinkk Joe Mixon has a failing history and less than expected production from him..

The whole organization wants to keep him..

They believe with an average oline this year he can make critical (3rd downs )

His locker room presence is allmost unmatched.

Coaches,  players front office love

his enthusiasm on the field and in the locker room . 

Im hoping for a 1000yrd year from him

with Brown and Williams running hard behind him..

I don't have a whole lot of faith that Williams is the RT that can make the running game go. If Collins was playing hurt last year and can come in and play healthy then maybe that helps, if not if Carman can show what he showed in that Buffalo game on the right side, we may be ok. I'm a big believer in having a run mauling right tackle aka Willie Anderson style. If we have that on the roster well be ok in the running game, if not Mixon is going to have another season like last.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't have a whole lot of faith that Williams is the RT that can make the running game go. If Collins was playing hurt last year and can come in and play healthy then maybe that helps, if not if Carman can show what he showed in that Buffalo game on the right side, we may be ok. I'm a big believer in having a run mauling right tackle aka Willie Anderson style. If we have that on the roster well be ok in the running game, if not Mixon is going to have another season like last.

Consider the possibility they might both be bad. Totally agree they're leaving way too much to luck at RT though, obviously.  Still think they have time to add a healthy starter if need be because as of now there isn't one.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Consider the possibility they might both be bad. Totally agree they're leaving way too much to luck at RT though, obviously.  Still think they have time to add a healthy starter if need be because as of now there isn't one.

I need to see more than one down year from any guy before I write them off as bad.

37 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I need to see more than one down year from any guy before I write them off as bad.

Generally I'd agree but with RB's they seem to hit that wall hard.  The Mixon I saw last year looked totally out of gas.  Wasn't his longest run around 20 yards?  Even when the blocking was there he had no burst, or didn't commit before the crease was gone.  Kind of wonder if he's disappointed with his role in a heavily pass-oriented offense? Obviously it all flows through Burrow & when you don't block you're going to be on the sideline a lot. That concussion late in the season was the only injury report I can recall, but worth noting it was his 2nd - officially. 

I guess they're determined to give him a chance (if he's even available), I just hope they're ready to make a change if it's warranted.  They have a tendency to drag on with things like this well past the point of reason. If he's not clearly The Man in camp IDK, can't see paying one dude $12m in a RB rotation.

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Where are the charges?

Charges would mean criminality. If Mixon, his sister, and her boyfriend have any sense, they've lawyered up with Mixon likely paying for their defenses. So they are unlikely to turn on him and can't be forced to answer questions under oath. That doesn't apply to civil liability. Any civil cases will be put on hold until the criminal trials are resolved but defendants can be required to answer questions under oath there so we'll find out what Mixon knew about his sister's boyfriend and the gun.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I agree it's nice to have a RT who can generate push in the running game. Usually they are paired with a TE who is at least an average inline blocker. But that isn't Smith's strength. We may be a left-handed running team this season with OBJ leading the charge. Could be reminiscent of Brooks running behind Munoz. 

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Generally I'd agree but with RB's they seem to hit that wall hard.  The Mixon I saw last year looked totally out of gas.  Wasn't his longest run around 20 yards?  Even when the blocking was there he had no burst, or didn't commit before the crease was gone.  Kind of wonder if he's disappointed with his role in a heavily pass-oriented offense? Obviously it all flows through Burrow & when you don't block you're going to be on the sideline a lot. That concussion late in the season was the only injury report I can recall, but worth noting it was his 2nd - officially. 

I guess they're determined to give him a chance (if he's even available), I just hope they're ready to make a change if it's warranted.  They have a tendency to drag on with things like this well past the point of reason. If he's not clearly The Man in camp IDK, can't see paying one dude $12m in a RB rotation.

The contract is the bigger deal with Mixon.  I’m not writing him off for having a down year but it’s fair if you don’t agree.  He’s only 27 and he performed well in 2021.  The playoff game in Buffalo showed me he can still do it at a high level.  I think Perrine leaving sorta forced their hand somewhat because it doesn’t make sense to go into the season without your top two RB from the previous year.  If they had signed Jamaal Williams or another free agent then it would’ve been different, but I think they looked at the other options and were comfortable keeping Mixon.  Ideally I would like to see him take a pay cut or rework his contract because he’s overpaid at this point.   

On 5/13/2023 at 4:36 AM, UncleEarl said:

Many issues with Mixon.  Aging.  Lack of production. High price tag. Off field issues.  

Looks like he will be back this season, but the Bengals should be looking for his replacement right now. 

He's still got 2 years left on his contract per Spotrac. They show a $750k "restructure" per year, not sure what's going on there.

Also have him as #5 highest paid RB and #3 highest paid Bengals player. Oof 😣

On 5/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, sparky151 said:

Charges would mean criminality. If Mixon, his sister, and her boyfriend have any sense, they've lawyered up with Mixon likely paying for their defenses. So they are unlikely to turn on him and can't be forced to answer questions under oath. That doesn't apply to civil liability. Any civil cases will be put on hold until the criminal trials are resolved but defendants can be required to answer questions under oath there so we'll find out what Mixon knew about his sister's boyfriend and the gun.

I agree it's nice to have a RT who can generate push in the running game. Usually they are paired with a TE who is at least an average inline blocker. But that isn't Smith's strength. We may be a left-handed running team this season with OBJ leading the charge. Could be reminiscent of Brooks running behind Munoz. 

Brooks in back of Munoz was a beautiful thing to watch ..

I think of the 3 RTs we speak of Carman would be the best at run blocking..

I think he's found his confidence and is eager to perform at a high level this year..

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Brooks in back of Munoz was a beautiful thing to watch ..

I think of the 3 RTs we speak of Carman would be the best at run blocking..

I think he's found his confidence and is eager to perform at a high level this year..

I agree he seems to have the want-to, he looked like he was out there trying to bury people. Whether he has the ability IDK but he's my favorite for RT at the moment as well. I just hope the money doesn't get in the way of playing the best guy.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:15 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

The contract is the bigger deal with Mixon.  I’m not writing him off for having a down year but it’s fair if you don’t agree.  He’s only 27 and he performed well in 2021.  The playoff game in Buffalo showed me he can still do it at a high level.  I think Perrine leaving sorta forced their hand somewhat because it doesn’t make sense to go into the season without your top two RB from the previous year.  If they had signed Jamaal Williams or another free agent then it would’ve been different, but I think they looked at the other options and were comfortable keeping Mixon.  Ideally I would like to see him take a pay cut or rework his contract because he’s overpaid at this point.   

Overpaid for last years performance big-time...not good..

With Zeus at LT.. Volson with a years experience under his belt he may find gaps there...

Same with Carman and Cappa..

He's hungry to show out...

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

image.jpeg.207dec94e55f614dcd673211277426f2.jpeg

There's the designated hitter in the MLB for those folks.

Maybe the NFL could use a little more of that energy? All the WWE tier fuckery wouldn't seem so bad if Goodell's league didn't take itself so deadly seriously. They're not a branch of the armed services FFS.

All his drug testing, Mama worked 6 jobs, peanut allergy kid as honorary team captain, Habitat for Humanity photo op holding a hammer backwards bullshit has gotten way out of hand. Bring back teams making cringe rap videos and players getting arrested for fun dumb shit like trying to wrestle an alpaca at a petting zoo. These billionaire owners acting like they're Captain America while charging $10 a beer in their publicly funded stadiums need to get a grip and realize the fans pretty much hate all of them.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

There's the designated hitter in the MLB for those folks.

Maybe the NFL could use a little more of that energy? All the WWE tier fuckery wouldn't seem so bad if Goodell's league didn't take itself so deadly seriously. They're not a branch of the armed services FFS.

All his drug testing, Mama worked 6 jobs, peanut allergy kid as honorary team captain, Habitat for Humanity photo op holding a hammer backwards bullshit has gotten way out of hand. Bring back teams making cringe rap videos and players getting arrested for fun dumb shit like trying to wrestle an alpaca at a petting zoo. These billionaire owners acting like they're Captain America while charging $10 a beer in their publicly funded stadiums need to get a grip and realize the fans pretty much hate all of them.

Not sure I got all that nor do I think you are being negative, amusing as Hell but not negative.

I do like your WWE/F analogy.  Would love to see Myles Murphy give Lamar Jackson the Big Elbow off the top rope.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Not sure I got all that nor do I think you are being negative, amusing as Hell but not negative.

I do like your WWE/F analogy.  Would love to see Myles Murphy give Lamar Jackson the Big Elbow off the top rope.

If Myles does it, then it's a 15 yd penalty, automatic game ejection, and a 4 game suspension.

If the Stealers do it, then it's an automatic bid for Defensive Player of the Year..."now here's a guy...woooo!!!!...good ole stillers footbawww"---Collinsworth

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

If Myles does it, then it's a 15 yd penalty, automatic game ejection, and a 4 game suspension.

If the Stealers do it, then it's an automatic bid for Defensive Player of the Year..."now here's a guy...woooo!!!!...good ole stillers footbawww"---Collinsworth

"Oooooo yeaaaahhhh" ~ R. Macho Man Savage.

Archived