8. 8. DJ Ivey, CB

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C or worse
  9. 9. Which Bengals draft pick is your favorite? (personally)

• Myles Murphy
    • DJ Turner
    • Jordan Battle
    • Charlie Jones
    • Chase Brown
    • Andrei Iosivas
    • Brad Robbins
    • DJ Ivey
  10. 10. Which Bengals draftee will have the best 2023 Season and contribute the most?

• Myles Murphy
    • DJ Turner
    • Jordan Battle
    • Charlie Jones
    • Chase Brown
    • Andrei Iosivas
    • Brad Robbins
    • DJ Ivey

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Maybe the NFL could use a little more of that energy? All the WWE tier fuckery wouldn't seem so bad if Goodell's league didn't take itself so deadly seriously. They're not a branch of the armed services FFS.

All his drug testing, Mama worked 6 jobs, peanut allergy kid as honorary team captain, Habitat for Humanity photo op holding a hammer backwards bullshit has gotten way out of hand. Bring back teams making cringe rap videos and players getting arrested for fun dumb shit like trying to wrestle an alpaca at a petting zoo. These billionaire owners acting like they're Captain America while charging $10 a beer in their publicly funded stadiums need to get a grip and realize the fans pretty much hate all of them.

Nothing like a T-Dub rant...classic. 

I'd be surprised if Iosivas or Ivey make the 53. They'll certainly get an offer for the PS though. There's just 1 cutdown date this year from 90 to 53 so tons of people will be available on waivers at once. My guess is that the vast majority of them make it through. 

32 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd be surprised if Iosivas or Ivey make the 53. They'll certainly get an offer for the PS though. There's just 1 cutdown date this year from 90 to 53 so tons of people will be available on waivers at once. My guess is that the vast majority of them make it through. 

I fully expect Iosivas to make the squad. Even though Stanley Morgan has proven to be a good special teams players, it sounds like Simmons is looking to get younger on the squads all around. Morgan probably makes it to the practice squad, someone would likely pluck Iosivas because of his upside alone. If the WR room is healthy, Iosivas would likely just be an inactive on game days unless he really shows out on STs. Which certainly could happen. He might be pound for pound the best pure athlete on the team.

We don't need to worry much about late 6th round players being claimed off waivers at final cutdown. Unless he shows a lot in the preseason games. Heck, the Titans passed on him numerous times and they have the worst WR corps in the league. At final cuts, most teams will be claiming players to fill specific holes on their rosters and typically are looking for vets at that point. Players on any teams practice squad can be signed by any other team. 

Reminder that last September the Jags plucked UDFA Pryor before the Bengals could get him on the practice squad. It happens. This should all come down to Morgan and Iosivas for the 6th and final WR spot. I'm betting it goes to Iosivas. Guess we'll see. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Stanley Morgan isn't going anywhere I predict. He's the team's best ST player and probably one of the 3 best punt gunners in the league. It's one of the Trents that will go instead.  

Trent Taylor is as good as gone unless Jones struggles. Trent Irwin should be safe for 2023. Unless Iosivas becomes a hellacious gunner on teams and earns offensive snaps, Morgan seems more likely to be on the 53. If they want to go cheap, maybe they cut Morgan and re-sign him after week 1 but I doubt he makes enough for it to matter. 

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes a long shot imo..

We'll see..

If they cut him he will 100% get sniped . There is no way, if you listen to any interview with Callahan, Troy Walters or any other offensive coach, that they drafted him to expose him to waivers. Clearly with Charlie Jones here trent Taylor is on notice. If they keep seven WR, Morgan makes it, if not, I think they cut Morgan and try and get him to the practice squad.

32 minutes ago, membengal said:

If they cut him he will 100% get sniped . There is no way, if you listen to any interview with Callahan, Troy Walters or any other offensive coach, that they drafted him to expose him to waivers. Clearly with Charlie Jones here trent Taylor is on notice. If they keep seven WR, Morgan makes it, if not, I think they cut Morgan and try and get him to the practice squad.

Is Morgan eligible for the practice squad?  I know that they really loosened the requirements during the start of Covid, but I’m not really sure by how much.  Nor do I know if they have started to re-tighten the requirements.

:shrug:  

On 5/16/2023 at 1:25 PM, BlackJesus said:

It is nice to have all 8 picks already signed 

FB_IMG_1684268552821.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268554902.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268557670.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268560281.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268562365.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268568035.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268570424.jpg

FB_IMG_1684268573216.jpg

Definitely do not miss the late-to-training-camp rookie holdouts

On 5/16/2023 at 6:40 AM, PatternMaster said:

Nothing like a T-Dub rant...classic. 

:drinks:

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Is Morgan eligible for the practice squad?  I know that they really loosened the requirements during the start of Covid, but I’m not really sure by how much.  Nor do I know if they have started to re-tighten the requirements.

Yes, he’s eligible.

15 hours ago, Cricket said:

Yes, the NFL is continuing the looser PS rules adopted during the pandemic. So the squad is still expanded, veterans are eligible and more players can move back and forth. 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, membengal said:

There's a new Lapham podcast out with WR coach Troy Walters. Plenty of interesting stuff from a top position coach.

What Walters said about Iosivas: "...huge upside. We feel like he can develop into one of the top receivers in the league." Walters says that Iosivas could start out this coming year as a backup to Ja'Marr and Tee. Since he is coming into the league pretty raw, it seems like the plan is to have Iosivas play strictly on the outside until he masters that fully, then maybe start moving him around more when he proves to be ready for that.

Just going off of Walters' comments, I would say another part of the plan for Iosivas is to definitely NOT to expose him to a possible waiver claim unless they decide he isn't talent they currently believe him to be.

• 1 month later...

Archived