14 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i dont have any legit issues with the schedule, some odd choices, its total shit for my personal life and travel and other plans, but thats how life goes.

my personal preference would be every other game is home then away, so i dont ever have to travel to cincy two weekends in a row, wit the except of a sun-thur games at home in a row so i can just stay in ohio for 5 days for both games. 

we are gonna kill some teams this year.

Didn't they used to alternate like that as the norm? Now we get all sorts of schedule fuckery to the tune of 3 home games in the space of 2 months.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Didn't they used to alternate like that as the norm? Now we get all sorts of schedule fuckery to the tune of 3 home games in the space of 2 months.

it sure seemed like it, at least much closer to that. i recall a "3 game home stretch" being a crazy occurrence. but it is what it is... 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i dont have any legit issues with the schedule, some odd choices, its total shit for my personal life and travel and other plans, but thats how life goes.

my personal preference would be every other game is home then away, so i dont ever have to travel to cincy two weekends in a row, wit the except of a sun-thur games at home in a row so i can just stay in ohio for 5 days for both games. 

we are gonna kill some teams this year.

Hell yes we are. We also have NINE home games this year instead of 7 home, 9 on the road like we had last year (because of the Hamlin incident) . 

We either go 13-4 or 14-3 this year. We get the #1 seed, and we win the Super Bowl. We do have to go west though.. Two games.. Phoenix, and SF both on west coast. Last year I think the furthest west we went was Dallas. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Gary said:

Hell yes we are. We also have NINE home games this year instead of 7 home, 9 on the road like we had last year (because of the Hamlin incident) . 

We either go 13-4 or 14-3 this year. We get the #1 seed, and we win the Super Bowl. We do have to go west though.. Two games.. Phoenix, and SF both on west coast. Last year I think the furthest west we went was Dallas. 

KC has a tough schedule, but nearly every tough non-division game is at home. It's the greatest home schedule for a team's fans I've ever seen. If they handle their business at Arrowhead, the Chiefs could certainly go 15-2. A game better than last year when they only had 8 home games.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dex said:

KC has a tough schedule, but nearly every tough non-division game is at home. It's the greatest home schedule for a team's fans I've ever seen. If they handle their business at Arrowhead, the Chiefs could certainly go 15-2. A game better than last year when they only had 8 home games.

They play in the wild wild west division 

where every team looks good one week and bad the next..

Very unpredictable division as any in the league. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Griever said:

Interesting article regarding "rest disparity" and how it factors into each team's strength of schedule.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/2023-teams-hurt-helped-nfl-schedule/#Chiefs

Damn.... as a guy who loves crunching numbers, that article impresses the hell out of me!

Chicken Girl.jpg

One thing about the schedule being released has me thinking about...uniforms. wonder if we go with the White tiger twice again this year or if we go with one and reserve two games for the Orange.

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think the Orange jersey Black pants combo is one of their best looks. Still think they should get rid of the Nemo pants though and go with black/orange striped panel on white pants.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:43 PM, GoBengals said:

Go:  Lemme ax you sumfin off-topic.  When you jet in for a game, where do you typically stay?

I've only got a 2.5 hour one-way commute, but the days of daytripping to/from Cincy for games are behind me.  I'm retired, dammit, I've got a grillion Marriott points and I can afford to stay over.  I typically stay either in West Chester (near the IKEA), near CVG, or if I can score a spectacular deal I'll stay right downtown within walking distance.  Now that Marriott has begun installing Tesla Destination Chargers at a few of their properties (West Chester Aloft, CVG Courtyard) it's even easier to narrow down my choices.  And if push comes to shove I can always crash with friends.

But back to you - what do YOU do when overnighting?  Friends?  Hotel?  Nice warm bridge underpass?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:49 PM, Griever said:

One thing about the schedule being released has me thinking about...uniforms. wonder if we go with the White tiger twice again this year or if we go with one and reserve two games for the Orange.

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think the Orange jersey Black pants combo is one of their best looks. Still think they should get rid of the Nemo pants though and go with black/orange striped panel on white pants.

Gimme those tiny whiteys baybee!!! I'd make them the default uni and only wear something else when forced.

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2023 at 10:49 AM, Griever said:

def assume 2x white again its a hit and media loves it.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, AmishBengalFan said:

Go:  Lemme ax you sumfin off-topic.  When you jet in for a game, where do you typically stay?

I've only got a 2.5 hour one-way commute, but the days of daytripping to/from Cincy for games are behind me.  I'm retired, dammit, I've got a grillion Marriott points and I can afford to stay over.  I typically stay either in West Chester (near the IKEA), near CVG, or if I can score a spectacular deal I'll stay right downtown within walking distance.  Now that Marriott has begun installing Tesla Destination Chargers at a few of their properties (West Chester Aloft, CVG Courtyard) it's even easier to narrow down my choices.  And if push comes to shove I can always crash with friends.

But back to you - what do YOU do when overnighting?  Friends?  Hotel?  Nice warm bridge underpass?

holy shit. small world, thats exactly where i stay, i peaked around 900k marriott points, i think i have 670k currently, we usually grab the residence inn, so we have the one bedroom and kid crashed on couch, but i have stayed at the courtyard as well there, my cousin until a month ago lived in west chester, so convenient to visit him, he has seats near mine at Paycor, i lived in mason most of my life, so its familiar and has the food spots nearby we like. Never did the aloft for the two of us, its minimalistic design doesnt feel as comfy for some reason to me. but man between courtyard and residence inn in that 3 hotel cluster at union centre i have likely spent 100 nights.

I have also done the courtyard westchester, the springhill suites by eden park (the most convenient for sure) and if we had a shitty flight time ill grab a marriott by the airport, however in the last two years twice there was an accident on a bridge that halted traffic, so i try to avoid needing to cross a bridge in time for a game. 

the west chester hotels are better than the CVG ones by far, courtyard blue ash is fine too, the residence inn in florence area is fine too, but the bridge issue again, and we also get celebratory or consolatory ice cream at graeters in mason or florence after games...sometimes the airport on the way out if we arent feeling it or they are closed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

def assume 2x white again its a hit and media loves it.

holy shit. small world, thats exactly where i stay

the west chester hotels are better than the CVG ones by far, courtyard blue ash is fine too, the residence inn in florence area is fine too, but the bridge issue again, and we also get celebratory or consolatory ice cream at graeters in mason or florence after games...sometimes the airport on the way out if we arent feeling it or they are closed.

Lemme know when your plans firm up.  I don't yet know which games I'll be at - three households sharing two seats and we've not done our draw yet - but I've already "defensively" booked rooms at the Ikea Aloft or the CVG Courtyard for most of the games - I managed to get a spot in the AC Banks using an expiring 35K award certificate for the Bills game. I know I will NOT be at the preseason Packers game (medical stuff) or Turkey weekend Stealers game (family stuff).  But if our schedules overlap, and our hotel neighborhoods overlap, we should get together ... even if just for Swedish Meatballs in West Chester.

PS if staying near CVG I just park in the Kenyon Co garage in downtown Covington next to Clooney Spiral and just walk over the river.  Easy access to Grail if I have time and don't mind standing nuts to butts with jackholes (LT thinks the Grail is awesome, not that there's anything wrong with that), and an easy walk to the stadium with multiple approach paths to avoid the grifters and panhandlers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Lemme know when your plans firm up.  I don't yet know which games I'll be at - three households sharing two seats and we've not done our draw yet - but I've already "defensively" booked rooms at the Ikea Aloft or the CVG Courtyard for most of the games - I managed to get a spot in the AC Banks using an expiring 35K award certificate for the Bills game. I know I will NOT be at the preseason Packers game (medical stuff) or Turkey weekend Stealers game (family stuff).  But if our schedules overlap, and our hotel neighborhoods overlap, we should get together ... even if just for Swedish Meatballs in West Chester.

PS if staying near CVG I just park in the Kenyon Co garage in downtown Covington next to Clooney Spiral and just walk over the river.  Easy access to Grail if I have time and don't mind standing nuts to butts with jackholes (LT thinks the Grail is awesome, not that there's anything wrong with that), and an easy walk to the stadium with multiple approach paths to avoid the grifters and panhandlers.

I am certainly down to meet up, i wont know what my plans are until pretty close to games, my son who comes with me is looking for a school to go play basketball at in college. there are about 6 states he could end up in, so there will be many variables of if he can go, if not, can a friend go, and either way if he is getting playing time and he has a game i will be there instead, so i dont know if ill be at 8 games, or 2, but when time approaches we can get that sorted out.

Another thing i like about the west chester hotels is price doesnt seem to change much with the bengals given they are so far from town. So last minute is usually still cheap points wise.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:49 PM, Griever said:

Still think they should get rid of the Nemo pants though and go with black/orange striped panel on white pants.

I know the uniforms have been discussed to death, but since you brought it up...

As much as I have tried to like them, the Nemo pants are never going to work for me. They might have been more tolerable if they'd left the black outline off the orange stripes, I don't know. I think I read that Elizabeth Blackburn insisted that the pants stripes not be on a "panel" or "background", but rather "floating", to maintain consistency with how the jerseys are. I get that but the black outline destroys the consistency, too. The white pants with black stripes don't work with the black jersey, either. The pants really need both black and orange on them to look right with the black jersey.

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2023 at 3:06 AM, CincyInDC said:

Here's an interesting article (that's actually an advertisement for AWS) on how the NFL makes the schedule now. 

“For instance, this year, Kansas City won the Super Bowl. So, what are the options for the kickoff game? You could look at division games, some interesting NFC North matchups, or you could look at some pretty epic playoff rematches with Cincinnati or Buffalo. And you could certainly consider a Super Bowl rematch with Philly. There’s so many different options.”

And among those many options, they paired them with the Lions, a team that has won more than nine games only twice since 1995. Yes, they had their "epic" 8-2 finish to the season, but only two of the teams they beat in that stretch had a winning record at the time they played them. 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:11 AM, Bleeds Orange said:

“For instance, this year, Kansas City won the Super Bowl. So, what are the options for the kickoff game? You could look at division games, some interesting NFC North matchups, or you could look at some pretty epic playoff rematches with Cincinnati or Buffalo. And you could certainly consider a Super Bowl rematch with Philly. There’s so many different options.”

And among those many options, they paired them with the Lions, a team that has won more than nine games only twice since 1995. Yes, they had their "epic" 8-2 finish to the season, but only two of the teams they beat in that stretch had a winning record at the time they played them. 

i skimmed the article, judging by that line it doesnt dive into it, so i assume its not mentioned at all, but obviously the nfl wants as much hype per game as possible, with a few "matchup of the year" type MNF/SNF games, they want to spread out the love, making division games a MNF /SNF game is almost a waste as there is already hype for that game for at least 2 fanbases, and you get interest from others too, so if youre looking at a KC schedule, you have hype for 6 games due to being division, hype from previous playoff rematches (bengals, bills, etc) then you want to give them primetime games, pick from others, then the opener for the champs, the lions makes sense, cause no one cares about KC vs the lions on a sunday at 4pm, but the season opener, all eyes are on a game that would never be cared about otherwise.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i skimmed the article, judging by that line it doesnt dive into it, so i assume its not mentioned at all, but obviously the nfl wants as much hype per game as possible, with a few "matchup of the year" type MNF/SNF games, they want to spread out the love, making division games a MNF /SNF game is almost a waste as there is already hype for that game for at least 2 fanbases, and you get interest from others too, so if youre looking at a KC schedule, you have hype for 6 games due to being division, hype from previous playoff rematches (bengals, bills, etc) then you want to give them primetime games, pick from others, then the opener for the champs, the lions makes sense, cause no one cares about KC vs the lions on a sunday at 4pm, but the season opener, all eyes are on a game that would never be cared about otherwise.

That does make sense. I guess the cynic in me suspects that most of those eyes will be somewhere else by the end of the third quarter, as KC will have the game in hand by then. I hope I'm wrong.

The season opener for the SB champs will draw a big audience almost regardless of the opponent.  The Chiefs schedule certainly has bigger and better teams that could’ve been picked but my guess is the NFL wants to save those for later.  The Lions actually make sense because they’re being hyped heading into the season and there’s no guarantee they will actually be that good.  Putting them in the season opener means they won’t be 2-4 going into the game.  Plus, I don’t think they want to give the Chiefs an opponent like the Bengals, Bills, or Eagles who might actually beat them.

• Upvote 1

A few days ago, the owners approved a one-year trial for late-season Thursday Night flexes.  Weeks 13-17 only.  Any flexed game will require 4 weeks notice.

Our home games during this period are Indy and Minnesota.

The proposal passed 24-8 with the Giants, Jets, Packers, Bears, Raiders, Lions, Bengals and Stealers all voting against it.