Too early for game travel talk?

Been a while since I posted 👋…was planning on heading to Cinci for a game (most likely home opener vs Baltimore). My question is for thoughts on Oktoberfest that same weekend? Is it something that is worth it? Prob staying nearby and going one day at least, but is it a few hours and then head out to do other things? Logistics etc?

Living down here in FL always tough to get out of the state, but JAX being on MNF added up to two days of work/school for kids and end result being in Jacksonville lol. Tampa was great. Looking at Nashville too, but a home game/opener and Oktoberfest drawing me.

So wrapping it up, any thoughts on Oktoberfest for an out of towner would be appreciated.

14 minutes ago, jza10304 said:

Been a while since I posted 👋…was planning on heading to Cinci for a game (most likely home opener vs Baltimore). My question is for thoughts on Oktoberfest that same weekend? Is it something that is worth it? Prob staying nearby and going one day at least, but is it a few hours and then head out to do other things? Logistics etc?

Living down here in FL always tough to get out of the state, but JAX being on MNF added up to two days of work/school for kids and end result being in Jacksonville lol. Tampa was great. Looking at Nashville too, but a home game/opener and Oktoberfest drawing me.

So wrapping it up, any thoughts on Oktoberfest for an out of towner would be appreciated.

Metts with mustard and sauerkraut and huge cream puffs...

If you're in town for the game, a MUST.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the Monday night game against the Rams.

Last game I went to in Cincy, was the game where Corey Dillion threw his pads in the stands.

Also going to check out a Reds vs. Pirates game Saturday afternoon.

Wife and I are hoping to see Pirates SS O'Neil Cruz play.

14 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I'm going to the Monday night game against the Rams.

Last game I went to in Cincy, was the game where Corey Dillion threw his pads in the stands.

Also going to check out a Reds vs. Pirates game Saturday afternoon.

Wife and I are hoping to see Pirates SS O'Neil Cruz play.

Just curious…why the connection to the Pirates shortstop?

Archived