Linky: https://www.bengals.com/photos/photos-2023-ben-gal-cheer-squad

Two redheads this year, two!  One natural, and one artificial.

ftkghl3z7jjvhq9uzuel.jpg

(Sophie Q.)

pftfgqaiucoerwxh7dmu.jpg

(Ashley M.)

I'm old and Amish, so nobody cares what I think of course.  I prefer natural, but a I gotta admit that any gal not lucky enough to be born red but who fixes God's oversight with a dye job earns bonus points from me.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Are we sure that they are really gals?  ya know these days smh. I'd need to see more before I'd be a buyer

Don't make it weird bro just follow your heart.  :whistle:

I'll only say that a few of them must be really good dancers.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Are we sure that they are really gals?  ya know these days smh. I'd need to see more before I'd be a buyer

Your suspicions are reasonable.

7 hours ago, Griever said:

Went through the slideshow, I'd say about ten out of thirty aren't half bad, certainly a better crew than in years past. 1 out of 3 ain't bad

1/3 is a fair assessment.

• Upvote 1

You'd think with the team playing well and a threat to go to the Super Bowl and getting lots of national tv time, more women would want to be cheerleaders. And therefore the team could hire some hotties. They could find better looking women at UC or the mall. And more diversity wouldn't hurt either. Some years back there was a lawsuit and I think the cheerleaders are supposed to be paid for their labor, did that ever happen? Maybe it's too big a time commitment or something like that? 

On 5/22/2023 at 1:45 AM, T-Dub said:

Don't make it weird bro just follow your heart.  :whistle:

umm yeah  awful advice if ya ask me

Weird would be not knowing then getting some ideas then finding out the truth after.   That would be weird. Thats why its good to think ahead about stuff.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:14 AM, sparky151 said:

You'd think with the team playing well and a threat to go to the Super Bowl and getting lots of national tv time, more women would want to be cheerleaders. And therefore the team could hire some hotties. They could find better looking women at UC or the mall. And more diversity wouldn't hurt either. Some years back there was a lawsuit and I think the cheerleaders are supposed to be paid for their labor, did that ever happen? Maybe it's too big a time commitment or something like that? 

Unless it's changed recently the requirements are like some 50's era Catholic school bullshit.  No tattoos, no live-in boyfriends, no strong opinions about pretty much anything beyond puppies and world peace are good... Maybe that's NFL rules, not sure but I remember reading that on top of all the lifestyle and appearance stuff they're also pretty much paid in "exposure".  That may pay the bills if it's the Dallas Cowboys but otherwise not so much.

As a result I guess it tends to be a lot of financially secure stay at home mom types  that peaked as cheerleaders in HS or college.

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

umm yeah  awful advice if ya ask me

Weird would be not knowing then getting some ideas then finding out the truth after.   That would be weird. Thats why its good to think ahead about stuff.

It sounds as though you've given this quite a lot of thought. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2023 at 9:25 PM, T-Dub said:

Unless it's changed recently the requirements are like some 50's era Catholic school bullshit.  No tattoos, no live-in boyfriends, no strong opinions about pretty much anything beyond puppies and world peace are good....

Frankly, I think the biggest requirement in this age of wokeness is that they follow the old Cincinnati Reds rule about no beards or mustaches.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

It could be worse.  We could be Baltimore

5118592106df4.image.jpg

ravensMales-1.jpeg

Or Carolina

image.png.b4dfd21a42a4479f7022f3936c65ddb8.png

P.S.  Sez Amish: "Frankly, I think the biggest requirement in this age of wokeness is that they follow the old Cincinnati Reds rule about no beards or mustaches."

or jock straps.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

It could be worse.  We could be Baltimore

5118592106df4.image.jpg

ravensMales-1.jpeg

As a female, I’m not opposed to male cheerleaders, but they must have a rule about hair for the men also, and I don’t find any of these men attractive. Also, I’d want to see them in shorts and tank tops. If the women have to dress skimpily, then so should the men. That would be one way to generate more interest in football among women. 😊😉

14 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

We could be Baltimore

The only aspect that Baltimore does which I think could be emulated would be having a marching band ... I think part of what gives the College football game so much energy is having a band playing in the stands. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The only aspect that Baltimore does which I think could be emulated would be having a marching band ... I think part of what gives the College football game so much energy is having a band playing in the stands. 

Absolutely!  Bring college marching bands back to the stadium unless there is some specific thing going on like the Ring of Honor or introduction of the alumni players.  The HBC bands were the absolute best. If the Bengals want to add more of a real football atmosphere to the stadium and games, they would be a thousand times better than a bunch of little kids vs the mascots.  Oh... keep the frisbee dogs, too.

• Like 1