YouTube tv?

I love it.  You can record (it seems) unlimited things at once; I've had at least 7 things recording at once.  Everything you record stays for 9 months...but there's unlimited space so if there's anything you might want to watch record it.  Record EVERYTHING so you can FF through commercials later.  The picture quality isn't as good as some other services, but they're apparently working on that.  They've had some issues during the NBA playoffs as well where people couldn't see the last few minutes of a game...a commercial just kept playing on a loop.  They gave me a months credit for that, but if that was a Bengals Superbowl no amount of money would have been worth it.

I don't believe so.  Anytime there's a Bengals game on the DVR records it as I have it set to do so.  A lot of times the NFL Network will replay games so it'll record there and that resets the timer so to speak.  I'm sure there's a way to save the recordings that aren't "YTTV approved", but I haven't tried to do so.  When we win the SB this year I'll be looking for a way...but I'll be buying everything offered too so I'm sure I'll get a real copy somehow.

Another data point for sh*ts & giggles...I just recently switched from top notch (but not perfect) cable service (Cincinnati Alta Fiber) to YouTubeTV.  Honestly I'm still getting used to it and I find the user interface somewhat clunky as previously mentioned...big difference to me...with the biggest being you can't just record one episode of something like I used to.  It's all or nothing, i.e. you either get any/all of a show recorded regardless of channel and regardless of whether you've previously recorded it or already seen it.  The other thing I'm not looking forward to during football season is that I always recorded the show or two after the Bengals games just in case they went long or O/T, etc.  With my old system I could just record that ONE episode on that ONE channel...now I'll have to remember to cancel the show after it records otherwise I'll have tons of "60 minutes" or local news or whatever is after the game each week.

I've also had some random freezes and pixelation, but that could be due to less than ideal internet connections lately, although I've gone from WiFi connection to direct ethernet cable connection without much improvement.

Still in the process of evaluation.

I have youtubetv . I find live games rewind functions kinda stink. I use my TiVo capture it on hd Antenna. YouTube delayed 5 seconds or so as well. We put bengals on TiVo main screen and Sunday ticket on several other tvs. TiVo also I can just watch games as long as my hard drive doesn’t die. 

On 5/26/2023 at 7:01 PM, esjbh2 said:

Another data point for sh*ts & giggles...I just recently switched from top notch (but not perfect) cable service (Cincinnati Alta Fiber) to YouTubeTV.  Honestly I'm still getting used to it and I find the user interface somewhat clunky as previously mentioned...big difference to me...with the biggest being you can't just record one episode of something like I used to.  It's all or nothing, i.e. you either get any/all of a show recorded regardless of channel and regardless of whether you've previously recorded it or already seen it.  The other thing I'm not looking forward to during football season is that I always recorded the show or two after the Bengals games just in case they went long or O/T, etc.  With my old system I could just record that ONE episode on that ONE channel...now I'll have to remember to cancel the show after it records otherwise I'll have tons of "60 minutes" or local news or whatever is after the game each week.

I've also had some random freezes and pixelation, but that could be due to less than ideal internet connections lately, although I've gone from WiFi connection to direct ethernet cable connection without much improvement.

Still in the process of evaluation.

I was worried about not being able to record to shows after the games to make sure I didn't miss anything, however I believe it records the entire game even if it runs into a new time slot. I have had a couple F1 races run long and it kept recording automatically.

8 hours ago, mt-bengal said:

I was worried about not being able to record to shows after the games to make sure I didn't miss anything, however I believe it records the entire game even if it runs into a new time slot. I have had a couple F1 races run long and it kept recording automatically.

+1 for the avatar

Archived