So what is the true Religion?

The Scales

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:08 AM']none.  anyone who thinks they understand how the universe came into being is a fool.
[right][post="147962"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What religion laid down the blueprint/schematics for universe creation?

Guest bengalrick

whatever you believe is your best religion... in the long run, it doesn't matter b/c the only ones that know for sure, are dead... so imo, if you are jewish, hindu, christian, even aethist or whatever bj is, that is great w/ me... just don't push your views on me and i won't push mine on yours... unless you ask :)

Guest The Carson Show
here is a link to a great page that explains why everyone SHOULD be agnostic
[url="http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/Russell/agnostic.htm"]http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/...ll/agnostic.htm[/url]

Guest The Carson Show
here is the meaning of life
What is the meaning of `the meaning of life'? I suppose what is intended is some general purpose. I do not think that life in general has any purpose. It just happened. But individual human beings have purposes, and there is nothing in agnosticism to cause them to abandon these purposes. They cannot, of course, be certain of achieving the results at which they aim; but you would think ill of a soldier who refused to fight unless victory was certain. The person who needs religion to bolster up his own purposes is a timorous person, and I cannot think as well of him as of the man who takes his chances, while admitting that defeat is not impossible.

Evil does not want you to believe in anything but yourself, and without that grounding or refrence that belief provides you are much easier to influence. Evil likes easy, but it loves a challenge.

Row, Row, Row your boat gently down the stream,
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily,Merrily life ist but a dream.

[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Sep 16 2005, 03:40 AM']i am 100% agnostic
humans come from dirt and we go back to dirt
[right][post="149817"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Sep 16 2005, 03:51 AM']here is the meaning of life
What is the meaning of `the meaning of life'? I suppose what is intended is some general purpose. I do not think that life in general has any purpose. It just happened. But individual human beings have purposes, and there is nothing in agnosticism to cause them to abandon these purposes. They cannot, of course, be certain of achieving the results at which they aim; but you would think ill of a soldier who refused to fight unless victory was certain. The person who needs religion to bolster up his own purposes is a timorous person, and I cannot think as well of him as of the man who takes his chances, while admitting that defeat is not impossible.
[right][post="149821"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think you have athesist and agnostic confused, or you aren't quite sure on the agreed meaning of the words.

a THESIST believes in God

An ATHESIST- Does [b]not[/b] believe in the existance of God.

A person who is AGNOSTIC doesn't know one way or another...they can't say for sure, maybe there is maybe there isn't.

[quote name='Beaker' date='Sep 15 2005, 10:13 PM']Actually, it is all an illusion of our own creation. Awakening to reality reoccurs after we leave the physical world.
[right][post="149676"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] If reality is our own creation I guess that makes us God doesn't it. You can't get away from God. If you don't accept he exists you make yourself God. Evolution is a religion that says some mystic force of enery caused life to spring into being and created human god's. We progress from microrganisms to fish to monkeys and into humans. Soon we will profect ourselves into a master race with brains the size of basketballs. Oh yea, and if we can't understand something or put it into a test tube it doesn't exist. Nothing is beyond our god like intelect and understanding.

It's not the size of the brain, it's the density. Some say the form of human before us actually had bigger brains, but they weren't developed the same, therefore not as intelligent.

[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 19 2005, 11:49 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] If reality is our own creation I guess that makes us God doesn't it.

[right][post="153136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote] I'm reiteraing a little here but just listen.  Instead of the traditional handshake, Hindus greet one another with what could be decribed as the generally accepted hand position one would take if they were praying...Palms together, fingers pointed to the sky.  This greeting is the Hindu's way of Acknowleging the Divinty or God within everything, most notebly the individual you are greeting.  We all are divine, we are all a manifestation of God. We can all create, destroy and maintain.  It's in the area of Belief, true belief where the problem lies. I don't care if your Muselim, Hindu, Judeo Christian or whatever, they all believe in the same god. It's when you don't Believe,Care, or play lip service, that you are influenced by the lower self...and that lower self influence, or attachment to Ego plays a large role in the definition of your reality.

On the other hand if you are an instrument of God, and follow that path as best as your current Id and Ego will allow, then your reality is influenced by divine alignment.  For when your mind is clear and your body is clean there is no way that you CAN'T see and feel the presence of Divinity and it's opposite.

In the Scales Mind all religions are true, they are just different accounts of Gods word.  There are many common ideals shared amongst the great religions of the world.  It is up to the seeker to peer through cultre and the facade of time to find his or her way.

...Or you can just eat this cookie, go on, eat it. Once you leave this thread, you'll start to feel right as rain, and you'll remember that you don't believe any of this crap; your the one in charge here.

[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 20 2005, 03:49 AM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] If reality is our own creation I guess that makes us God doesn't it.
[right][post="153136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Now youre getting it! We are not separate from God or each other...we are all part of the same whole. Everyone (and everything) is a piece of God, and together we make up the whole. The sooner more people quit letting organized religion prevent them from seeing the truth, the sooner the paradigm changes and peace within is realized.

unbelievable.
i dont get it. why do people care so much what the other believes?

bj...i dont think of myself as arrogant because i believe in God and his word. i think you are the arrogant one who appears to always dismiss and/or demean those who believe. and btw, an [i]agnostic[/i]. im sorry, but there is no way that you "are not sure" of the existence of a creator. it appears to me that you are adamant about proving what you believe is right. you show little respect, if any, towards christians or any religion for that matter, therefore where is that level of curiosity that an agnostic has.

beaker...i dont even know where to start with you. you go on and on about your beliefs and [i]correcting[/i] people, but then you state the problem is organized religion. dude, im sorry but it sounds like to me that you are a religious person. do you not believe in something and then preach it? i think so. give it up. its not our fault (christians, muslims, hindus, whatever) that youre congregation has one member. and with that, that does not make [i]us[/i] organized and you not.

in conclusion, i am a christian, of no denomination. my life revolves around a [b]relationship[/b]. many of you have relationships and are not attacked because of them. so why do people attack christianity, or any religion for that matter. its really nobody's business whom i, or anybody else, confides in.

and please dont rebuttal with statements about christians based on a public figure or what one denomination says and what another denomination does. we are all individuals. not all christians are represented by public figures. that's like saying all african americans are represented by kanye west or all italian americans hail and support gotti.

Archived