So what is the true Religion?

The Scales

I'm trying to be good and avoid this forum, but what the hell...

[quote]So what is the true Religion?[/quote]

How the fuck should I know? [/agnostic/athiest]

We'll all either find out when we die (man, wouldn't you wan't to be a fly on the wall in the afterlife, seeing the reactions of all the people that were wrong :lol: ), or...

In my opinion, not. When the brain stops functioning, that's it. "Game over, man... game over!".

I am curious to hear what The Scales' "true religion" is?

Sounds interesting.

The manifestation of God as a human being is a common theme throughout almost all religions that have ever existed, if that helps.
Most if not all religions have a Supreme God above all others, eevn if the religions in question are polytheistic.
Christianity is no different. The religion borrowed ideas, ideals and practices from all religions that preceded it.
The crazy thing is that I believe in Jesus Christ. He just didn't have blue eyes and blonde hair...

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Sep 28 2005, 12:31 AM']I'm trying to be good and avoid this forum, but what the hell...
How the fuck should I know? [/agnostic/athiest]

We'll all either find out when we die (man, wouldn't you wan't to be a fly on the wall in the afterlife, seeing the reactions of all the people that were wrong  :lol: ),  or...

In my opinion, not.  When the brain stops functioning, that's it.  "Game over, man... game over!".

I am curious to hear what The Scales' "true religion" is?

Sounds interesting.
[right][post="158885"][/post][/right][/quote]

Read through the posts in this tread when you've got some time to kill.

[quote name='Beaker' date='Sep 21 2005, 12:25 AM']Now youre getting it! We are not separate from God or each other...we are all part of the same whole. Everyone (and everything) is a piece of God, and together we make up the whole. The sooner more people quit letting organized religion prevent them from seeing the truth, the sooner the paradigm changes and peace within is realized.
[right][post="153948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If you realize this, the fears and hang-ups that can be created within the mind vanish....sure they come creeping back from time to time, but once you know or believe, they don't hinder you, you can squash them easily. Inner Peace is real and powerfull.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:00 AM']The manifestation of God as a human being is a common theme throughout almost all religions that have ever existed, if that helps.
Most if not all religions have a Supreme God above all others, eevn if the religions in question are polytheistic.
Christianity is no different.  The religion borrowed ideas, ideals and practices from all religions that preceded it.
The crazy thing is that I believe in Jesus Christ. [b] He just didn't have blue eyes and blonde hair...[/b]
[right][post="158912"][/post][/right][/quote]

Your right about that!!! I've got a real photo.

[img]http://www.business.uc.edu/images/MarvinLewis.jpg[/img]

P.I.M.P

and i agree with your posting ;)

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 28 2005, 12:48 AM']If you realize this, the fears and hang-ups that can be created within the mind vanish....sure they come creeping back from time to time, but once you know or believe,  they don't hinder you, you can squash them easily. Inner Peace is real and powerfull.
[right][post="158937"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have inner peace and I don't believe in any of that shit.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 28 2005, 02:34 AM']I have inner peace and I don't believe in any of that shit.
[right][post="158951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I can tell by how you express yourself in your posts that your above statement is a lie.

A lie to yourself that you believe.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:00 AM']The manifestation of God as a human being is a common theme throughout almost all religions that have ever existed, if that helps.
Christianity is no different.  The religion borrowed ideas, ideals and practices from all religions that preceded it.
The crazy thing is that I believe in Jesus Christ.  He just didn't have blue eyes and blonde hair...
[right][post="158912"][/post][/right][/quote]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:17 AM']I can tell by how you express yourself in your posts that your above statement is a lie.

A lie to yourself that you believe.
[right][post="159074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Just because I think you're full of shit, that doesn't mean I don't have inner peace.

[quote]The crazy thing is that I believe in Jesus Christ. He just didn't have blue eyes and blonde hair[/quote]

Agree, Jesus came from the House of David not Bjorn.

Now, there have been some that say Jesus was Black. Food for thought and a free education for BJ :D , there are more than 100,000 Jews in Ethiopia, where it's rumored that the Ark of the Covenant resides on a small island, in the middle of a lake, presided over by one Rabbi/Priest. Maybe the Jewish Ethiopians lineage can be traced back to the House of David, given credence to the claim. I will not dismiss this notion, because it could be true. :unsure:

BTW, I am 6'0 with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Lawman' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:59 PM']Agree, Jesus came from the House of David not Bjorn.

Now, there have been some that say Jesus was Black. Food for thought and a free education for BJ :D , there are more than 100,000 Jews in Ethiopia, where it's rumored that the Ark of the Covenant resides on a small island, in the middle of a lake, presided over by one Rabbi/Priest. Maybe the Jewish Ethiopians lineage can be traced back to the House of David, given credence to the claim.  I will not dismiss this notion, because it could be true.  :unsure:
BTW, I am 6'0 with blonde hair and blue eyes.
[right][post="159139"][/post][/right][/quote]

in the bible (if i'm not mistaken) they describe him w/ course dark hair and other "black" traits... if i had to bet and could verify the truth, i'd bet that he was black...

[quote name='Lawman' date='Sep 28 2005, 02:59 PM']Agree, Jesus came from the House of David not Bjorn.

[right][post="159139"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Now THAT is funny. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 28 2005, 02:13 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Just because I think you're full of shit, that doesn't mean I don't have inner peace.
[right][post="159114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It's the whole, not just the posts in this thread.

But whatever man, if your happy i'm happy.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 28 2005, 02:34 AM']I have inner peace and I don't believe in any of that shit.
[right][post="158951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Do you believe in a force or being who created the universe, or do you believe that it just happened?

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Sep 28 2005, 05:00 PM']in the bible (if i'm not mistaken) they describe him w/ course dark hair and other "black" traits... if i had to bet and could verify the truth, i'd bet that he was black...
[right][post="159225"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Krishna is blue, if that helps.

Krishna is love in the hindu religion, he is the embodyment of god on earth...Hmmm that gets me to thinkin....wasn't there some other cat who was love, and the embodyment of god on earth?

Judiasm gave birth to christianity and Islam.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:20 PM']Do you believe in a force or being who created the universe, or do you believe that it just happened?
[right][post="159549"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ok, I'll try to be more civil to you and answer your questions as best I can. I don't think you're a bad guy, you just rub me the wrong way because you do act like you have some kind of insight that the rest of us lack. Reminds me of myself when I was younger.

[b]Do you believe in a force or being who created the universe, or do you believe that it just happened?[/b]

I think the answer to that question is beyond the realm of human understanding.

At the center of the question lies the paradox of infinity. While there may be theories that profess to explain infinity to the satisfaction of some, it's still beyond my comprehension. Talk all you want about the space/time continuum, and a curved universe, and how it all makes sense. It doesn't to me. There is still the central, yet somewhat simplistic question of, "who created God?". Some people are satisfied with, "God has always existed". How is that possible? Always? There was never a beginning? My mind can't fathom that. On the other hand, my mind can't fathom a beginning. How is it possible for a "beginning" to spring out of nothing?

There are things that make logical sense to me.

No matter if you believe that we evolved from primordial soup, or if Adam and Eve are acceptable explanations to you, or whatever any religion espouses, logically, we all come from a common ancestor. What that means is that we are all decendants of the same seed of life. At some point, a single sperm and a single egg united to create all of us, regardless of what happened to get to that point.

If you stop and think about that, it means immortality in a sense. That seed of life lives on in all of us, never dying. While we as individuals die, the original seed lives on. You and I, and all of us are the continuation of that original seed of life.

I think it's highly probable that that leads to some sort of collective consciousness, for lack of a better term. I think it's highly probable that communication happens through forces other than the senses we are aware of. I think it's highly probable that whatever we define as a soul, exists somewhere, somehow after death. I think it's highly probable that no human being who has ever lived, and no human being who ever will live will be capable of understanding how, or why it all works. I think it's highly probable that anyone who claims to understand, and know the answers to all of this, is full of shit.

I don't know, therefore I am agnostic. I'm confident that no one else knows either, therefore I think all religions are wrong.

[quote]Judiasm gave birth to christianity and Islam[/quote]

On Christianity to an extent I will agree, say 90% the other 10% wants to say more of a by-product. :unsure:

Islam :onoudidnt:

Muhammad created this relegion after an encounter from the Messenger of God (Gabriel), in a cave. Allah, was the name of one of the more than 300 pagan gods at the time and the one Muhhamad choosed. Allah was the "Moon" god; about a month ago BJ posted an article that had a picture of the Moon with Allah spelled out Arabic with Muslims at the front illustrating this fact.

Originally, Muhhamad would kneel and bow toward Jersusalem for evening prayers, something happened that didn't sit well with him, he was probably rejected by the Jews, so he turned to his birthplace Mecca for the prayers.

There is inter-twinement that goes back to Abraham where one would percieve that Islam was derived from Judaism.

Boom Boom Boom " Palestine, was a name given to the land of Isreal, by the Romans who hated the Jews" Boom Boom Boom

[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:23 AM']What religion laid down the blueprint/schematics for universe creation?
[right][post="147966"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hinduism

[quote name='steggyD' date='Sep 13 2005, 08:39 PM']some form of hindu or buddhism, those are probably closest to the truth
[right][post="148432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Whille i belive that all religions can lead to god, hinduism is the oldest known.....They don't call it "The Eternal Religion" for Nothing.

My final thought: Yes, some of this is copy and paste.

Christianity claims to be authored by God. Of course, merely making such a claim does not make it true. Anyone can make claims. but, backing up those claims is entirely different. Jesus used the Divine Name for Himself (John 8:58), the same Divine Name used by God when Moses asked God what His name was in (Exodus 3:14). Jesus said that He could do whatever He saw God the Father do (John 5:19), and He claimed to be one with the God the Father (John 10:30; 10:38). Likewise, the disciples also called Him God (John 1:1,14; John 10:27; Col. 2:9). By default, if Jesus is God in flesh, then whatever He said and did would be true. Since Jesus said that He alone was the way, the truth, and the life and that no one can find God without Him (John 14:6), His words become incredibly important.
Again, making a claim is one thing. Backing it up is another. Did Jesus also back up His fantastic words with miraculous deeds? Yes, He did.

Jesus changed wine into water, cast out demons, healed lepers, healed the paralytic, raised the dead, restored sight to the blind, cured deafness, fed the multitude, calmed a storm with a command/walked on water, rose from the dead/appeared to disciples after resurrection.

The eyewitnesses recorded the miracles of Jesus and the gospels have been reliably transmitted to us. Therefore, we can believe what Jesus said about Himself for two reasons: One, because what He said and did, agrees with the Old Testament and two, because Jesus performed many convincing miracles in front of people who testified and wrote about what they saw Him do.

Mormonism teaches that there are many gods in existence and that you can become a god. Christianity teaches that there is only one God and you cannot become a god. Islam teaches that Jesus is not God in flesh where Christianity does. Jesus cannot be both God and not God at the same time. Some religions teach that we reincarnate while others do not. Some teach there is a hell and others do not. They cannot all be true. If they cannot all be true, it cannot be true that all religions lead to God. Furthermore, it means that some religions are, at the very least, false in their claims to reveal the true God (or gods). Remember, truth does not contradict itself. If God exists, He will not institute mutually exclusive and contradictory belief systems in an attempt to get people to believe in Him. God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor. 14:33). Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that there can be an absolute spiritual truth and that not all systems can be true irregardless of whether or not they claim to be true. There must be more than a mere claim.

Within Christianity, the resurrection is vitally important. Without the resurrection our faith is useless (1 Cor. 15:14). It was Jesus' resurrection that changed the lives of the disciples. After Jesus was crucified, the disciples ran and hid. But when they saw the risen Lord, they knew that all that Jesus had said and done proved that He was indeed God in flesh, the Savior.
No other religious leader has died in full view of trained executioners, had a guarded tomb, and then risen three days later to appear to many many people. This resurrection is proof of who Jesus is and that He did accomplish what He set out to do: provide the only means of redemption for mankind.
Buddha did not rise from the dead. Muhammad did not rise from the dead. Confucius did not rise from the dead. Krishna did not rise from the dead, etc. Only Jesus has physically risen from the dead, walked on water, claimed to be God, and raised others from the dead. He has conquered death. Why trust anyone else? Why trust anyone who can be held by physical death when we have a Messiah who is greater than death itself?

Why should anyone trust in Christianity over Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism, or anything else? It is because there are absolute truths, because only in Christianity is there accurate fulfilled prophecies of a coming Messiah. Only in Christianity do we have the extremely accurate transmission of the eyewitness documents (gospels) so we can trust what was originally written. Only in Christianity do we have the person of Christ who claimed to be God, performed many miracles to prove His claim of divinity, who died and rose from the dead, and who said that He alone was the way the truth and the life (John 14:6). All this adds to the legitimacy and credibility of Christianity above all other religions -- all based on the person of Jesus. If follows that if it is all true about what Jesus said and did, then all other religions are false because Jesus said that He alone was the way, the truth, and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6). It could not be that Jesus is the only way and truth and other religions also be the truth.
Either Jesus is true and all other religions are false or other religions are true and Jesus is false. There are no other options. I choose to follow the risen Lord Jesus.

Like other posters on this thread, I frown upon organized religions. IMO, the message of Christ was one of "fellowship towards one another". "Fellowship" is the coming together of people through the message of Christ, not the doctrine of an establishment created by people.

[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 29 2005, 09:34 PM']Hinduism
Whille i belive that all religions lead to god, hinduism is the oldest known.....They don't call it "The Eternal Religion" for Nothing.
[right][post="159956"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If truth is relative, then the statement that truth is relative is an absolute truth and would be self defeating statement by proving that truth is not relative. But, if truth is absolute, then the statement "truth is absolute" is true and not self defeating. It is true that truth exists. It is true that truth will not contradict itself as we have just seen. In fact, it is absolutely true that you are reading this paper.
If we can see that there is such a thing as truth in the world, then we could also see that there can be spiritual truth as well. It is not absurd to believe in spiritual absolutes anymore than physical or logical absolutes. Even the statement that [color="blue"]all religions lead to God[/color] is a statement held to be a spiritual absolute by many people. This simply demonstrates that people do believe in spiritual truth. Why? Because truth exists. However, not all that is believed to be true actually is true. Furthermore, all belief systems cannot be true since they often contradict each other in profound ways -- and truth is not self-contradictory.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 29 2005, 04:41 AM']Ok, I'll try to be more civil to you and answer your questions as best I can. I don't think you're a bad guy, you just rub me the wrong way because you do act like you have some kind of insight that the rest of us lack. Reminds me of myself when I was younger.

[b]Do you believe in a force or being who created the universe, or do you believe that it just happened?[/b]

I think the answer to that question is beyond the realm of human understanding.

At the center of the question lies the paradox of infinity. While there may be theories that profess to explain infinity to the satisfaction of some, it's still beyond my comprehension. Talk all you want about the space/time continuum, and a curved universe, and how it all makes sense. It doesn't to me. There is still the central, yet somewhat simplistic question of, "who created God?". Some people are satisfied with, "God has always existed". How is that possible? Always? There was never a beginning? My mind can't fathom that. On the other hand, my mind can't fathom a beginning. How is it possible for a "beginning" to spring out of nothing?

There are things that make logical sense to me.

No matter if you believe that we evolved from primordial soup, or if Adam and Eve are acceptable explanations to you, or whatever any religion espouses, logically, we all come from a common ancestor. What that means is that we are all decendants of the same seed of life. At some point, a single sperm and a single egg united to create all of us, regardless of what happened to get to that point.

If you stop and think about that, it means immortality in a sense. That seed of life lives on in all of us, never dying. While we as individuals die, the original seed lives on. You and I, and all of us are the continuation of that original seed of life.

I think it's highly probable that that leads to some sort of collective consciousness, for lack of a better term. I think it's highly probable that communication happens through forces other than the senses we are aware of. I think it's highly probable that whatever we define as a soul, exists somewhere, somehow after death. I think it's highly probable that no human being who has ever lived, and no human being who ever will live will be capable of understanding how, or why it all works. I think it's highly probable that anyone who claims to understand, and know the answers to all of this, is full of shit.

I don't know, therefore I am agnostic. I'm confident that no one else knows either, therefore I think all religions are wrong.
[right][post="159635"][/post][/right][/quote]

My only intention at the beggining of this thread was to create dialog. It is something that interests me, and if it interests me, then it's gotta interest someone else...

But i am absoluty 100% positive that "GOD" exists....and by saying 'GOD" i mean him/her/it int the metaporical sense...here's an interesting tidbit for those who didn't know....In the Hindu Religion it's common knowledge that one day/night in the primordeal milky ooze of Vishnu is about 840,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years....give or take a couple hundred million.

Little story...About 4 months ago I was aware of Hinduism in only the Vagest of terms...i just knew it existed really. So I was riding shotgun with my Friend, destination unimportant...smoked a little of the green herb beforehand, and i was seated in the passenger seat just looking at the sky, the clouds and landscape, floating along...The Sun was hanging low in the sky, as close as it ever looks. I looked for a moment, and then imagined what it would be like when the sun exploded..... POP!! "Thats how it's gonna happen" i said to myself...or atleast one very real possibilty, if we don't blow ourselves up firsT! (FIGURATIVELY AND METAPORICALY)

SO about four months after my little "ARMEGGEDON IDEA" I'm reading this course on Hinduism and it describes the universe as happening in cycles...I won't get into all the details of the names of gods aspects, but it's says that the universe dies when the stars go, and that it all returns slowy, to it's pre big bang state, then BOOM here we go again....The course mentions Issac Asimov and many "EGG HEAD" AstroPhysisits theroizing as best they can that indeed, Yah, thats how this earth will die.....

But what ever, i'll find out when i die....but for today, if they will have me, Today i'm Hindu.

:)

Archived