55% of Americans want US troops out of Iraq?

Guest BlackJesus

Should US troops be pulled out of Iraq, since a majority want them to be ???  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should US troops be pulled out of Iraq, since a majority want them to be ???

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Sep 16 2005, 03:03 PM']Instead of saying we shouldn`t be there...maybe the Bush haters
should start accepting the fact that we are there and thinking ofhow we
can actually make being there a good thing ?

It`s time to start realizing we are all on the same team...
[right][post="150122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Maybe it is the fact that we (the Bush-haters) think we are in Iraq for bullshit reasons? Think about everything that has gone on in this war, and now look at it form the point of view of someone who opposed this war since its inception.

Maybe Beaker can relate a little (since I think he is a teacher), although I don't know where he stands on the war. Since I started teaching (high school seniors), my rage about the war has intensified. The same kids I see all day, are the ones bein harrassed by recruiters to be shipped off to Iraq over some bullshit. They are the one's who are risking their life & limb overseas (not the armchair quarterbacks goose-stepping along). One of my students (great kid btw) just signed up for bootcamp with the Marines and is headed there next summer after graduation. He is Colombian/Italian and has 2 older brothers in the Marines. He is joining the reserves to get $ to pay for college, but actually likes the armed forces. I hate to think what might happen to him or where he might end up as a result of this administration (for the record....most commanders in the Navy ROTC at my school are against the war as well).

At least try to understand where our hatred for Bush stems from. I thought about these things before, but now they have grown exponentially. The fact that many "right-wingers" won't even concede that the war is being handled incorrectly and was improperly planned is absurd. This administration has left an entire generation of kids stuck with cleaning up this mess (not to mention the nation as a whole). This doesn't even touch the surface as to WHY we are at war, and how we got to that point (deception, manipulation, intimidation).

So call me "unpatriotic" and tell me that "I hate America", but at least see where I am coming from.

BTW....this was a general post and not intended at Oldschool personally.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='jza10304' date='Sep 19 2005, 03:54 PM']Maybe it is the fact that we (the Bush-haters) think we are in Iraq for bullshit reasons?  Think about everything that has gone on in this war, and now look at it form the point of view of someone who opposed this war since its inception.

Maybe Beaker can relate a little (since I think he is a teacher), although I don't know where he stands on the war.  Since I started teaching (high school seniors), my rage about the war has intensified.  The same kids I see all day, are the ones bein harrassed by recruiters to be shipped off to Iraq over some bullshit.  They are the one's who are risking their life & limb overseas (not the armchair quarterbacks goose-stepping along).  One of my students (great kid btw) just signed up for bootcamp with the Marines and is headed there next summer after graduation.  He is Colombian/Italian and has 2 older brothers in the Marines.  He is joining the reserves to get $ to pay for college, but actually likes the armed forces.  I hate to think what might happen to him or where he might end up as a result of this administration (for the record....most commanders in the Navy ROTC at my school are against the war as well).

At least try to understand where our hatred for Bush stems from.  I thought about these things before, but now they have grown exponentially.  The fact that many "right-wingers" won't even concede that the war is being handled incorrectly and was improperly planned is absurd.  This administration has left an entire generation of kids stuck with cleaning up this mess (not to mention the nation as a whole).  This doesn't even touch the surface as to WHY we are at war, and how we got to that point (deception, manipulation, intimidation).

So call me "unpatriotic" and tell me that "I hate America", but at least see where I am coming from.

BTW....this was a general post and not intended at Oldschool personally.
[right][post="152880"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yo do realize that everyone in our armed forces is there voluntarily
right ?

There is no reason to hate the Bush administration because people
(kids) sign up on their own free will. They know there is a war going
on. How can it be Bush`s fault that they want to serve their country ?

And in my first post I provide proof that Saddam had no intentions
of changing. So like I said...why not take him out when he was weak ?
People keep saying that Saddam had no WMD`s...but that`s in hindsight.
Saddam did everything he could to make people think he had them...and
when he thought the coast was clear...he was going to have them.

I really don`t understand how anyone can be against this war.
We basically allowed Saddam to remain in power. He wasn`t
living up to the terms that allowed him to remain in power...so
he was taken out finally after 11 years of game playing.

In the post 9/11 world...I think it was a move that had to be made.
Hell I actually think it was 11 years late...

Archived