Joe Burrow flips off camera in picture with Chiefs fan/reality TV star

19c88c5e-2a2e-4452-9025-4acf13d1c921-284David Wysong
Cincinnati Enquirer

Joe Burrow plays for the Bengals, but he recently flipped the bird.

The NFL quarterback posed for a picture, posted Thursday, with West Wilson, from the hit show "Summer House," during the reality TV star's visit to the Queen City. Wilson, a Kansas City Chiefs fan, wore a Chiefs hat in the photo. Burrow, on the other hand, flashed a middle finger seemingly in response.

During a June 13 appearance on "New Day with SSJ," a show on the Kansas City radio station 810 WHB-AM, Wilson told hosts Anthony Sherman and Gehrig Dieter he would wear a Chiefs hat while interviewing Burrow.

"Man of my word," Wilson, who works for Complex magazine, captioned the photo in a since-deleted tweet. Others have since shared the picture.

Burrow and the Bengals have notoriously formed a rivalry with the Chiefs, facing them in back-to-back AFC championship games during the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

"We're kind of built to beat them," Burrow said in April during the live "New Heights" show with Jason and Travis Kelce at the University of Cincinnati. "Both teams got great players. It's always a great game. I always appreciate the legendary battles that we have."

The Bengals travel to Kansas City to play the Chiefs in Week 2 this season, facing off at 4:25 p.m. ET Sept. 15.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2024/06/27/joe-burrow-flips-off-camera-photo-chiefs-fan-west-wilson-summer-house/74234347007/?utm_source=cincinnati-bengals-news-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sportsbaseline&utm_term=hero&utm_content=pcin-cincinnati-nletter01

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Did he break up with his longtime girlfriend, then go Hollywood (or I should say French)?

Oui. Now he enters his Napoleonic stage of conquering the NFL as a bachelor avant-garde Parisian🇫🇷

• Upvote 1

There is no question that Burrow has been going through some changes. He admitted in an interview last week that he wants to try some new things. It just seems like he is feeling some frustration for how lousy his luck has been the last couple of years, not to mention the way his rookie year ended. A combination of things that have happened to him that no other franchise QB has had to face, probably no NFL player at any position.

I went back to see how training camp began for Burrow the last two seasons. On July 26, 2022, he had to have emergency appendix surgery after it ruptured, causing him to lose at least 20 pounds. On July 27th of last summer, he suffered the no-contact calf injury that affected the start of his regular season in a very negative way. So just one day apart in consecutive years he has suffered massive setbacks...an unbelievable coincidence. Then ended last season suffering an unusual wrist injury on his throwing arm  that (apparently) no other QB at the NFL or even college level has ever dealt with before.

So yeah, I can see how he might want to change some things up rather than just repeat his usual routine.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, dex said:

There is no question that Burrow has been going through some changes. He admitted in an interview last week that he wants to try some new things. It just seems like he is feeling some frustration for how lousy his luck has been the last couple of years, not to mention the way his rookie year ended. A combination of things that have happened to him that no other franchise QB has had to face, probably no NFL player at any position.

I went back to see how training camp began for Burrow the last two seasons. On July 26, 2022, he had to have emergency appendix surgery after it ruptured, causing him to lose at least 20 pounds. On July 27th of last summer, he suffered the no-contact calf injury that affected the start of his regular season in a very negative way. So just one day apart in consecutive years he has suffered massive setbacks...an unbelievable coincidence. Then ended last season suffering an unusual wrist injury on his throwing arm  that (apparently) no other QB at the NFL or even college level has ever dealt with before.

So yeah, I can see how he might want to change some things up rather than just repeat his usual routine.

His looks and persona has carried his routines, as you say,  to a higher level

than any of us would have imagined.

Once training camp starts he'll resort to one thing only.

Being ready and doing his utmost best to win a SB in Cincinnati..

• Upvote 3

On 6/28/2024 at 1:33 PM, dex said:

Let's give him a veteran day off on July 28. 

On 6/29/2024 at 6:57 AM, Le Tigre said:

Of course, after Waterloo, Napoleon was rewarded with a lifetime “retirement” on St Helena….a volcanic speck 2000 miles to the west of Southern Africa in the south Atlantic. 

IMG_3092.jpeg

Elba at least was off the Italian coast. 

• Upvote 1