The government's in CYA mode!

TrentonPizzaGuy

[b]Pentagon Nixes 9/11 Hearing Testimony[/b]

By KIMBERLY HEFLING, Associated Press Writer

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Senate Judiciary Committee chairman said Wednesday he would look into whether the Pentagon obstructed his committee by refusing to allow testimony from five people who had knowledge of a secret military unit named "Able Danger."

They were expected to testify Wednesday about a link between al-Qaida and four of the Sept. 11 hijackers — including leader Mohamed Atta — that the unit is said to have uncovered more than a year before the 2001 attacks.

"I think the Department of Defense owes the American people an explanation of what went on here," said Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa.

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said later Wednesday during a briefing on Capitol Hill that an offer was made to do a classified briefing on Able Danger.

"As I understand it, the Judiciary Committee preferred to have an open hearing on a classified matter, and therefore the department declined to participate in an open hearing on a classified matter," Rumsfeld said.

The Pentagon has acknowledged that some employees recall seeing an intelligence chart identifying Atta as a terrorist before the attacks.

Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman, said the Pentagon believes it has provided sufficient information on Able Danger to the Senate Armed Services and Intelligence committees, which oversee the department.

Lt. Col. Mark Shaffer, a military intelligence officer who worked on Able Danger, was prepared to testify that three different times he tried to meet with the FBI to discuss the unit's findings, but was prevented from doing so because of legal concerns by department lawyers, according to Shaffer's lawyer, Mark Zaid, who testified on his behalf.

Specter said one reason for the hearing was to determine whether the federal Posse Comitatus law needs to be amended. The 1878 law restricts the military's law enforcement functions in the United States.

The Pentagon was represented at the hearing by William Dugan, the acting assistant to the secretary for intelligence oversight.

Dugan testified that he had very limited knowledge of Able Danger. But, he said, if the information were properly collected, Posse Comitatus should not have prevented intelligence sharing between the Pentagon and the FBI.

Specter told Dugan to inform his superiors that the committee wants to hear from people with firsthand knowledge of Able Danger.

Zaid, the lawyer, also testified on behalf of James Smith, a defense contractor. Zaid said Smith recalls seeing, before the Sept. 11 attacks, a chart bearing Atta's picture. The picture was purchased from a California contractor, Zaid said.

Erik Kleinsmith, a former Army major who worked on Able Danger, said he destroyed documents pertaining to Able Danger in 2000 because he was required to do so under Army regulations.

Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., was the first to come forward to assert that Able Danger had identified Atta and three others as being members of an al-Qaida cell. If correct, the intelligence would change the timeline for when government officials first became aware of Atta's links to al-Qaida.

Slade Gorton, a member of the commission that investigated the attacks, said a review of Able Danger documents found "no charts, no data sets, and no analysis identifying Mohamed Atta or any of the other hijackers pre-9/11."

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:22 AM'][i][b]Don't worry just like with Katrina .....Bush will look into it

:wacko:   :huh:   :whistle: [/b][/i]
[right][post="154721"][/post][/right][/quote]

Uh-oh!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrentic,
and so am I. -Bob

BJ, are you slipping up? It's easy to see to those with their eyes open.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]Uh-oh!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrentic,
and so am I. -Bob

BJ, are you slipping up? It's easy to see to those with their eyes open.[/quote]

[b]Huh ??? [/b] :huh:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]Looks as if you forgot to logout as TPG when you meant to post this story as BJ?

Correct?

Or are we going to have juggle one of your alias' in here?[/quote]

[color="green"][i][b]Umm KK .... (wonders where the third "K" is?)

Thanks for proving to everyone on here that you have truly lost it :wacko:

I am not also the Poster Trenton Pizza Guy.... Go can verify this through IP address etc... I am sure he has the address of this Trenton guy and it is most certainly not in Florida.... I am not suprised however that you would be so sheltered to believe that there can't actually be more than 1 person that has similar beliefs to me....

KK: "But I dont hear them on 700 Radio or Rush ???" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] [/b][/i][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:59 AM'][color="green"][i][b]Umm KK .... (wonders where the third "K" is?)

Thanks for proving to everyone on here that you have truly lost it :wacko:

I am not also the Poster Trenton Pizza Guy.... Go can verify this through IP address etc... I am sure he has the address of this Trenton guy and it is most certainly not in Florida....    I am not suprised however that you would be so sheltered to believe that there can't actually be more than 1 person that has similar beliefs to me.... 

KK: "But I dont hear them on 700 Radio or Rush ???"  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] [/b][/i][/color]
[right][post="154736"][/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/mattfrazier/pics/jump2conclusions.jpg[/img]

Guest BlackJesus

[i][b]Kool Klux Keith.... Nice touch as well with the Black Kid in the avatar....

I am sure they will never suspect a thing....

"Until you call him a worthless scab that should be drown to make society more pure" :rolleyes: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

As for the jumping to conclusions.... Once again you are beligerently retarded and have no answer for the fact that you look like a dumbass for thinking I was also Trenton[/b][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:12 AM'][i][b]Kool Klux Keith.... Nice touch as well with the Black Kid in the avatar....

"Until you call him a worthless scab that should be drown to make society more pure"  :rolleyes:   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

As for the jumping to conclusions.... Once again you are beligerently retarded and have no answer for the fact that you look like a dumbass for thinking I was also Trenton[/b][/i]
[right][post="154740"][/post][/right][/quote]

Just wanted to quote you here, before you edit it again.

What's up with that third line? Who said that? It's in quotation marks - I wonder who said it? I surely think you are trying to either put words in my mouth, or you're too thick to understand what what I actually said in that post.

You want me to defend it again? Fine. Bring it over here, and let's play.

But only bring over my words. Leave your own thoughts out of this.

I know how to use Google Image search, too. Isn't that special?

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]Just wanted to quote you here, before you edit it again.[/quote]

[color="red"][i][b]What the hell are you talking about, Ok you are either drunk, high, or really and not joking Mentally slow???
:blink:
I have not edited anything .... are you falling into some kind of lapse where you are becoming paranoid and losing touch ??? Go take a swig of moonshine and snap the fuck out of it... because conversations can't take place when one of the people is halucinating [/b][/i][/color]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]What's up with that third line? Who said that? It's in quotation marks - I wonder who said it?[/quote]

[i][b]If I was directly quoting you I would have put it in the quote function... the quotations represent a phrase I can realistically picture coming out of your mouth from piecing together your numerous statements...

as for your recent loss of reality... well I am not sure you ever had it to begin with ... but at least bring back the ignorant guy who didn't see shit that wasn't there [/b][/i]

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Sep 22 2005, 09:49 AM'][url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=7749&st=35"]other thread[/url]

i have been talking to myself on this topic for weeks :(
[right][post="154859"][/post][/right][/quote]

The good thing about talking to yourself is that you win most of the disagreements. :D

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='Sep 22 2005, 09:58 AM']The good thing about talking to yourself is that you win most of the disagreements. :D
[right][post="154864"][/post][/right][/quote]

:D ... :mellow: ... :(

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:12 AM'][i][b]Kool Klux Keith.... Nice touch as well with the Black Kid in the avatar....

"Until you call him a worthless scab that should be drown to make society more pure"  :rolleyes:   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]  

[right][post="154740"][/post][/right][/quote]

Kool Klux Keith
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

A trip down memory lane.
Kool Klux Keith's comments from the "getting everyone on their feet..." thread.

"These cards are a horrilble idea.

I'd be okay with vouchers for sundries that are appropriate for these peoples needs for survival, and relocation.

But a debit card is 99% as good as cash these days, and, if you are an enterprising young man - I'll call a spade a spade here - a husltin' n**** - then you can turn your $2000 debit card into $800 to $1200 in cash. This is the same shit that plagued the welfare system for the longest time.

I'd love to own a hood liquor store near the Astrodome right now. Or, have the infrastructure to sell major crack and marijuana in Houston.

These people have been accepting and expecting handouts as a condition of their culture. This storm hasn't changed any of that.

Really, all that Katrina has done is ripped off the scab that was New Orleans and let the world see the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste that has been developing unto itself for the last 30 years.

There's a lot of excuses for a lot of people out there. Fine. But the fact is, if 1 person listened to the weatherman and and heeded the warnings, and and evacuated, then it's we can say there was ample warning. And that did happen.

Behavior speaks louder than words, and the evacuees, or refugees, or what ever you want to call the displaced former residents of NOLA are showing the world how much the appreciate the assistance everyday. Shooting at aid workers, rapes and murders in the mass shelter, and refusal of meals because they aren't "hot enough".

Ungrateful bastards. I half wish they'd been washed out to sea.

I have more to say, but at the risk of offending some, I'll stop now, while I'm ahead.

Keith"

Guest bengalrick
lets not go back down this road again please... we have discussed this shit enough...

about the topic at hand, being that this thread is actually being participated by more than me and homer, i will throw my thoughts on here...

there is some crazy shit going on and it involves the pentagon imo... this story has been growing and growing, and it could and probably will show a direct link to 9/11 and iraq... if you want to understand that more, go to the link that i posted earlier in this thread and i have shown how early in that thread... but anyway, i was obviously kind of pumped that i could stop hearing the "9/11 had nothing to do w/ iraq" bullshit...

what throws me for a loop is this: if this is going to help the bush administration, why are they hiding this and acting like its a bad disease or something.. those that know me aroudn here, know that i am pro bush, and pretty conservative... i also have stood up for rummie on numerious occasions b/c i like him and his no-nonsense attitude... BUT, after the DOD has blocked this investigation and won't let key people talk at the senate hearings, i am quickly changing my views on rummie and the pentagon in general... corruption and screwups are an unfortinate reality in all governments, but after the ball is dropped the truth better come out so we can correct these things... now that this is being ignored, i think that bush or whoever should subpoena Donald Rumsfeld to testify about what the fuck is going on and why this info is being blocked.. and why 2.5 TERABYTES (1/4th of all the paper in the white house library) has been deleted or destroyed that related to the Able Danger program... another question would be if we correctly figured out 4 of the hijackers well before 9/11, why the hell are we not doing this anymore???

i have many questions and no answers... i don't care if bush is directly involved, whoever the fuck is blocking this shit needs to go down, assuming its for a coverup reason and not national security... but the problem w/ it being a national security issue is the info that able danger was using, is the same info you or i could find on the internet or through lexis nexus... i want some fucking answers and fuck off to those that want to make this a rep vs. dem thing... i am one of the most decorated conservatives on this board, and i am calling on rummie for answers and possibly resignation...

give us what we want, or risk losing good supporters like myself forever.... there is a coverup on both sides of the aisle... one side is willing to look past facts if the other side is looking past other facts.. considering how much connecting 9/11 and iraq together would help republicans, i am wondering if they are hiding more... i'm pretty pissed about this topic...

Archived