RightWingers & LeftWingers Rank the 20 Worst

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[b]100 RightWing Bloggers and 100 LeftWing Bloggers were surveyed on the 20 Worst Figures in American History..... Below is their results (if there was a tie in the vote then the rank # is the same)[/b]

[url="http://www.rightwingnews.com/special/worstfigures.php"]http://www.rightwingnews.com/special/worstfigures.php[/url]

[color="red"][u][b]20 Worst People in American History According to RightWingers:[/color][/b][/u]

Honorable Mentions: Ted Bundy, Jane Fonda, John Wayne Gacy, John Walker Lindh, Joe McCarthy, Michael Moore, Boss Tweed

17) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
17) John Walker
17) Lee Harvey Oswald
17) Robert Byrd
16) Aldrich Ames
14) Richard Nixon
14) Aaron Burr
12) Al Sharpton
12) Charles Manson
8) Timothy McVeigh
8) Lyndon Johnson
8) Hillary Clinton
8) John Wilkes Booth
7) Alger Hiss
6) Noam Chomsky
4) Jesse Jackson
4) Jimmy Carter
3) Bill Clinton
2) Benedict Arnold
1) The Rosenbergs & Julius Rosenberg

--------------------------------------------------

[url="http://www.rightwingnews.com/blogsel/leftworst.php"]http://www.rightwingnews.com/blogsel/leftworst.php[/url]

[color="blue"][u][b]20 Worst People in American History According to LeftWingers:[/b][/u][/color]

Honorable Mentions: Boss Tweed, Roger Taney, James Earl Ray, Charles Manson, Rush Limbaugh, Jerry Falwell, Roy Cohn, Dick Cheney, John C. Calhoun

20) The Rosenbergs
20) Pat Robertson
20) Oliver North
20) William Randolph Hearst
20) Aaron Burr
20) Aldrich Ames
18) George Lincoln Rockwell
18) Robert McNamara
14) Richard Mellon Scaife
14) Lee Harvey Oswald
14) Charles Coughlin
14) Strom Thurmond
13) Ronald Reagan
12) George Wallace
11) Andrew Jackson
9) Jefferson Davis
9) George W. Bush
6) Benedict Arnold
6) Henry Kissinger
6) John Wilkes Booth
3) Timothy McVeigh
3) Nathan Bedford Forrest
3) J. Edgar Hoover
2) Richard Nixon
1) Joseph McCarthy

Guest BlackJesus
[b]NOW FEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR OWN LIST [/b]

[i]this is obviously not an exact science... since there are so many possibilities, but it will be interesting to see what choices people think of [/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[u][b]20 Worst People in American History According to BlackJesus:[/b][/u]

20) Jeffrey Dahmer
19) Sean Hannity
18) Ted Bundy
17) John Wayne Gacy
16) Gary Ridgway "Green River Killer"
15) Henry Lee Lucas
14) Karl Rove
13) Timothy McViegh
12) Joseph Smith
11) L Ron Hubbard
10) Jim Jones
9) Rev Fred Phelps
8) Laura Schlessinger
7) Jerry Falwell
6) Pat Robertson
5) Joseph McCarthy
4) Rush Limbaugh
3) Ronald Reagen
2) George W. Bush
1) Kenneth Lay & Bernard Ebbers

I'm going to be positive and list some people I admire, in no specific order, just as they come into my mind.

Colonial period:

Benjamin Franklin, John Winthrop, Increase and Cotton Mather, Mary Rowlandson, Samuel Adams, John Adams (here because he was defense counsel for the British troops involved in the so-called Boston Massacre), Cadwallader Colden, William Penn, John Logan....

Honorary Americans:

LaFayette, Kosciusko (sp)....

National period:

George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, Abigail Adams, Sequoyah, Tench Coxe, John Marshall, Jo Daveiss, Matthew Carey, Henry Clay, John Quincy Adams, Cassius Marcellus Clay, Frederick Douglass, Abe Lincoln, Sylvanus Thayer, E.A. Poe, James Fennimore Cooper, William E. Borah, Harriet Tubman, Douglas MacArthur, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, Elizabeth Seton, Dr. Sabin...

and many more....

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 25 2005, 03:43 AM'][color="blue"][u][b]20 Worst People in American History According to LeftWingers:[/b][/u][/color]

Honorable Mentions: Boss Tweed, Roger Taney, James Earl Ray, Charles Manson, Rush Limbaugh, Jerry Falwell, Roy Cohn, Dick Cheney, John C. Calhoun 

20) The Rosenbergs
20) Pat Robertson
20) Oliver North
20) William Randolph Hearst
20) Aaron Burr
20) Aldrich Ames
18) George Lincoln Rockwell
18) Robert McNamara
14) Richard Mellon Scaife
14) Lee Harvey Oswald
14) Charles Coughlin
14) Strom Thurmond
13) Ronald Reagan
12) George Wallace
11) Andrew Jackson
9) Jefferson Davis
9) George W. Bush
6) Benedict Arnold
6) Henry Kissinger
6) John Wilkes Booth
3) Timothy McVeigh
3) Nathan Bedford Forrest
3) J. Edgar Hoover
2) Richard Nixon
1) Joseph McCarthy

[right][post="156273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://www.worldofkitsch.com/celebrity/images/clause_santa004.jpg[/img]
Shh... I think they forgot about me...

ok, so if we combine the lists these people would theoretically be the worst because they make both lists. And a short reason why they are hated.

1. [b]Benedict Arnold[/b]- Amercian Revolution general that became a traitor for Britain. Ran away and hid in canada
2. [b]Timothy McVeigh[/b]- Oklahoma City bomber. home grown terrorist
3. [b]John Wilkes Booth[/b]- assassinated Lincoln
4. [b]Richard Nixon[/b]- impeached president and general asshole
5. [b]The Rosenbergs[/b]- cold war spies that gave atomic bomb info to soviets. husband and wife both electricuted under much scrutiny until late 90's when soviet letters were released to public implicating the couple
6. [b]Lee Harvey Oswald[/b]- assassinated JFK
7. [b]Aaron Burr[/b]- Jeffersons VP, killed alexander hamilton in a duel, accused of treason but found innocent
8. [b]Aldrich Ames[/b]-CIA agent that gave russian the names and codenames of every CIA agent in russia.

In short, americans do not like traitors and treasonists and people that kill presidents.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='whodey319' date='Sep 26 2005, 02:26 PM']ok, so if we combine the lists these people would theoretically be the worst because they make both lists.  And a short reason why they are hated.

1. [b]Benedict Arnold[/b]- Amercian Revolution general that became a traitor for Britain.  Ran away and hid in canada
2. [b]Timothy McVeigh[/b]- Oklahoma City bomber.  home grown terrorist
3. [b]John Wilkes Booth[/b]- assassinated Lincoln
4. [b]Richard Nixon[/b]- impeached president and general asshole
5. [b]The Rosenbergs[/b]- cold war spies that gave atomic bomb info to soviets. husband and wife both electricuted under much scrutiny until late 90's when soviet letters were released to public implicating the couple
6. [b]Lee Harvey Oswald[/b]- assassinated JFK
7. [b]Aaron Burr[/b]- Jeffersons VP, killed alexander hamilton in a duel, accused of treason but found innocent
8. [b]Aldrich Ames[/b]-CIA agent that gave russian the names and codenames of every CIA agent in russia.
[b]In short, americans do not like traitors and treasonists and people that kill presidents[/b].
[right][post="157909"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

VERY good post

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Other interesting observations from the two lists:

RW - had Franklin Delano Roosevelt - because they believe he provided too many social programs (interesting that the man who guided us through WWII, is seen by RW's who claim to be patriotic, as one of the 20 worst

RW - hadThe Rosenbergs & Julius Rosenberg #1 of everyone, for several reasons I believe.... yes the traitor factor, but they also helped give secrets to the Soviets (ie a govt that claimed to be communists) , it is also interesting that the LW - have them as #20, showing how the LW most likely believe that the world is safer with the US not being the only one with Nukes... and the fact that LW- usually are not gun ho for what we call capitalism

LW - Have Josephy Mccarthy - #1 because he an authoritarian leaning guy who wanted to witch hunt all expected communists.... LW usually like the system of communism better, thus he is seen as the most evil.... LW also usually support dissent more and not going along with the status Quo..... thus they would hate him

LW - put Nathan Bedford Forrest - in the top 5 because of his connection to the KKK. The RW don't include him , but then they include Robert Byrd D Senator most likely because he was in the KKK.... I guess a member is worst than one of the founders ?

LW - also have John Wilkes Booth higher than the RW (#6 compared to #8) I believe this is because LW like Lincoln more because of his emancipaton of blacks. Even though Lincoln was a Republican, in todays climate he would be seen as a Democrat just as JFK would be seen as a republican etc.

RW -also fail to mention any of the notorious Christian hypocrites, but they do give Noam Chomsky a very high rating which I take as a badge of honor since I find him to be the most brillian man currently alive[/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]My list:

1. Any person who abuses (psychologically or sexually), molests, rapes, murders or in any other way steals the innocence of a child.[/quote]

What about those who Shock and Awe Kids ?

[img]http://www.bigfib.com/issue5/bush.jpg[/img][img]http://www.voxfux.com/archives/liberated_boy.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 26 2005, 04:19 PM'][b]RW - had Franklin Delano Roosevelt - because they believe he provided too many social programs (interesting that the man who guided us through WWII, is seen by RW's who claim to be patriotic, as one of the 20 worst[/b]
[right][post="157945"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
On the other hand, FDR is a big factor in the size of the Federal Government as we know of it today. And I'm all for smaller Federal Government, myself. That's his downfall. He wanted too much power and took it. Even if he didn't use all the power for too many abuses himself, it help set up the country as we know it today.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 27 2005, 06:15 AM']What about those who Shock and Awe Kids ?

[img]http://www.bigfib.com/issue5/bush.jpg[/img][img]http://www.voxfux.com/archives/liberated_boy.jpg[/img]

[right][post="158334"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Im talking about those who intentionally target and prey on children. Now if you want to put up a pic of a pedophile priest, thats different.

Archived