Takeo hurt, in tears

Guest BengalBacker

Bills | Spikes may Have Torn Achilles' Tendon
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:24:25 -0700

Matt Winkeljohn, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Buffalo Bills fear that LB Takeo Spikes (Achilles') suffered a torn Achilles' tendon during the team's Week 3 game. He slammed his helmet to the turf following the injury, knowing that when the news becomes final upon further examination Monday, Sept. 26, it's not likely to be good.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:49 PM'][b]I hope he enjoys watching Odell dominate in January 

Crippled Takeo  :pointlaff:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [/b]
[right][post="157539"][/post][/right][/quote]

That's terribly harsh. Takeo is a hell of a player and I never enjoy seeing anyone go down to injury. Here's to hoping for a full recovery to Takeo.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:49 PM'][b]Crippled Takeo  :pointlaff:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [/b]
[right][post="157539"][/post][/right][/quote]
So you're not better than the idjits in Chicago that cheered when Chad went down. You're a better person than that, BJ.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Sep 25 2005, 11:09 PM']I hope Takeo makes a full recovery.
[right][post="157556"][/post][/right][/quote]

Roger. I want him in the game for Buffalo when we beat them and go to the playoffs. I'm annoyed Takeo left the way he did, and I hope his team loses a lot, but I don't want him broken. :)

[quote name='Cool JJ' date='Sep 26 2005, 11:37 AM']he cried? what a baby...

when Nate was carted off he flexed..
[right][post="157771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Dude he cried because he loves his teamates, and wants to be in there for them.

Him and London Fletcher(cool name b.tw.) have a great Friendship. He knew his season was fucked when he heard and felt the tendon rip. Boys don't cry, but men do.

Sheesh

That being said...ain't kharma a bitch?

[quote name='Master Shake' date='Sep 26 2005, 01:42 PM']Well I guess we can mark another one down in the "W" column for this game.
[right][post="157889"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not quite. This game is a long ways off, and the Bills do have some depth in their LB corps.
The only reason we haven't heard of any others Bills LBs is because their starting three have played lights out and haven't been hurt (until now).
Buffalo will still be a tough game, but at least it appears it won't have playoff implications...

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 25 2005, 04:55 PM']Takeo begged Marvin not to tag him. He made it clear he didn't want to a Bengal anymore. Fans here loved him. He said fuck you to the fans.[/quote]
The common misperception of the fan who feels he was personally jilted. His departure wasn't an attempt to send a message of any kind to the fans or Marvin Lewis. It was because of Mike Brown. Takeo could not be confident that Mikey would do anything different after hiring Marvin than he had been doing - and doing poorly - for years previously. If you and any of the other classless thugs who revel in that kind of serious injuries to others were to be truly honest, you would admit that none of us could have possibly been terribly confident in that just 1 or 2 months into Marvin's tenure.

At least most here seem to be decent human beings and some have related this to the clowns in Chicago cheering CJ leaving the field with an apparent injury. I would have to add that I can't imagine anyone here being too pleased with anyone expressing any joy over Carson Palmer's season ending injury last season.

But, this is a public forum. You can say almost anything you like here. So be it. I just take comfort in knowing that a large majority of Bengals fans - hell, human beings in general - do not think the same way you do.

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]I don't usually waste too many tears on Multi millionaires who can't play a game any longer and will now have to sit poolside sipping margaritas... especially when there are millions of impoverished -starving, diseased, and suffering people on the planet to apply those emotions too....[/b][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 26 2005, 03:23 PM'][i][b]I don't usually waste too many tears on Multi millionaires who can't play a game any longer and will now have to sit poolside sipping margaritas... especially when there are millions of impoverished -starving, diseased, and suffering people on the planet to apply those emotions too....[/b][/i]
[right][post="157947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't think that anyone on here is upset because Takeo is hurt for the year. Most are giving sympathy, because they remember that Takeo played well for us when he was here. We all feel somewhat because he was a former Bengal.

I think most here see it as a work injury, and that kind of hits home to most of us, not being able to work. We don't feel sorry for him because he is sitting on millions of dollars, but we sympathize because he is hurt.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 26 2005, 02:23 PM'][i][b]I don't usually waste too many tears on Multi millionaires who can't play a game any longer and will now have to sit poolside sipping margaritas... especially when there are millions of impoverished -starving, diseased, and suffering people on the planet to apply those emotions too....[/b][/i]
[right][post="157947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
That's a pretty poor direction to take this debate, BJ. Take a little criticism and you decide to climb up on a pedestal to preach to us about the "starving, diseased, and suffering people on the planet". Where's your concern for these people when you're busy expressing your hatred for Takeo & Dillon thru Photoshop? You don't seem to be so concerned about wasting any emotion on that. Besides, this isn't even about sympathy; it's about class and common decency. You play the high and mighty role in regards to these underpriviledged you referenced, but stoop to applauding, cheering and taking glee from a serious injury to a human being whose only "crime" was wanting to play for a football team other than the one you cheer for.

Like I said previously. It's an open forum, so post what you want. But at least be wise enough to keep this to football. That was an absolutley ridiculous perspective.

Archived