Takeo hurt, in tears

Guest BengalBacker

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Sep 26 2005, 02:15 PM']The common misperception of the fan who feels he was personally jilted.  His departure wasn't an attempt to send a message of any kind to the fans or Marvin Lewis.  It was because of Mike Brown.  Takeo could not be confident that Mikey would do anything different after hiring Marvin than he had been doing - and doing poorly - for years previously.  If you and any of the other classless thugs who revel in that kind of serious injuries to others were to be truly honest, you would admit that none of us could have possibly been terribly confident in that just 1 or 2 months into Marvin's tenure.

At least most here seem to be decent human beings and some have related this to the clowns in Chicago cheering CJ leaving the field with an apparent injury.  I would have to add that I can't imagine anyone here being too pleased with anyone expressing any joy over Carson Palmer's season ending injury last season.

But, this is a public forum.  You can say almost anything you like here.  So be it.  I just take comfort in knowing that a large majority of Bengals fans - hell, human beings in general - do not think the same way you do.
[right][post="157943"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I didn`t see where anyone was wishing injury on him.
It happened...they heard about it...and it didn`t break their heart.

I think most fans think this way:
Fuck him. If you`re not a Bengal ...you`re the enemy !

I don`t give two shits about Takeo. He left...we got Landon Johnson
as compensation. Takeo`s new team has lost more games since he
signed with them than the Bengals have. Now he is out for the year.

And It`s not breaking my heart either...

Guest 34inXXIII

Indifference is one thing, oldschooler - and you're certainly entitled to that - but taking any kind of satisfaction in an injury like this is pathetic. And there are clearly people here who do, i.e.

'Takeo's hurt = :headbang: '

and

'I prefer it were Dillon but this is the next best thing'

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 26 2005, 04:23 PM'][i][b]I don't usually waste too many tears on Multi millionaires who can't play a game any longer and will now have to sit poolside sipping margaritas... especially when there are millions of impoverished -starving, diseased, and suffering people on the planet to apply those emotions too....[/b][/i]
[right][post="157947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

too bad they can't stuff a back behind the line of scrimmage...

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]That's a pretty poor direction to take this debate, BJ. Take a little criticism and you decide to climb up on a pedestal to preach to us about the "starving, diseased, and suffering people on the planet". Where's your concern for these people when you're busy expressing your hatred for Takeo & Dillon thru Photoshop? You don't seem to be so concerned about wasting any emotion on that.[/quote]

[i][b]I can chew gum and walk at the same time.... as for my concern look through my posts and you will find just as many about that issue as you will photoshops[/b][/i]

[quote]Besides, this isn't even about sympathy; it's about class and common decency. You play the high and mighty role in regards to these underpriviledged you referenced, but stoop to applauding, cheering and taking glee from a serious injury to a human being whose only "crime" was wanting to play for a football team other than the one you cheer for.  Like I said previously. It's an open forum, so post what you want. But at least be wise enough to keep this to football. That was an absolutley ridiculous perspective.[/quote]

[i][b]Well everyone has their own definition of decency..... There is also a difference from wishing injury on someone, and finding poetic irony when it happens to an egotistical asshole who left one team where he was loved, who is now better than the shitty one he landed on and now got injured on. As for keeping this to football.... I never brought up decency, and this moral bullshit, others did, I found gleeful irony in someone I deem to be a prick now sitting and observing while still making his millions might I add..... Others then began to take the "high" pedestal as if his ass deserves any sort of sorrow from me or anyone else.... Thus I simply stated that dicks like him don't get it from me..... [/b][/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Rooting for an injury to anyone is pathetic![/quote]

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON ON THIS THREAD HAS WISHED INJURY ON ANYONE !!!!!

[b]Finding gleeful irony once it already happens to a dick is different from wanting it to happen[/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Karma is a bitch!!!!![/quote]

[b]I agree ask the 1-2 Crippled Takeo

and the 0-3 Warren Sapp
[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

Takeo was a great player that played his hear out for our team.
Things happened that he could not get his way with marvin.
Whatever happened both parties were benefited and I hope the best for Takeo. He is a great player built by the bengals, and I hope he recovers and gets to the pro bowl every year...

Guest BengalBacker
I hope I (and a few others) made all of you self righteous judgemental assholes' day.

You can all kiss my ass.

Takeo isn't dying.

He's not paralyzed.

He's not going to be destitute.

He'll most likely recover and be playing again next year.

In the mean time, he'll take it easy for a while and continue to make millions.

He thought the grass was going to be greener, and he disrespected my team in order to find out. For the record, I always thought he was overrated and I was glad when he left. He's not a great player. Never has been. He was an above average player on a shitty team. People made him out to be better than he was. Marvin knew that. Marvin didn't want him either.

It's not like I sat around sticking pins in a Takeo voodoo doll hoping he got hurt, but when he did, it made me smile. He DID say fuck you to me, and all of you. He said "I don't want to be a Cincinnati Bengal anymore" in no uncertain terms. He got his wish. Now things aren't as rosey as he expected. That makes me happy. If you want to make me out to be some evil monster for that, fuck you too.

I would never cheer an injury to an opposing player like the Bears fans did when Chad went down. Hell, if Takeo had gotten hurt while playing us, I wouldn't cheer. But I don't apologize for being happy that life isn't going so great for him right now the way he thought it would if he could just get out of Cincinnati. I don't hate Takeo the way I do Corey. Like I said, at least Takeo played out his contract and while he did throw some shit at the Bengals on his way out, for the most part he just wanted to move on. Fair warning though, if Corey goes down. I'm throwing a fucking party. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

That's the way I feel. I don't apologize for it. If you think that makes me slime, or classless, or a horrible person, that's your right. Just don't fucking try to lecture me on it from some holier than thou, higher moral ground. I'm a grown fucking man and I don't need any lessons on morality, or class, or whatever else you think makes you better than me.

Fuck Takeo.

Fuck Corey

And Fuck You.

[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Sep 26 2005, 03:15 PM']you would admit that none of us could have possibly been terribly confident in that just 1 or 2 months into Marvin's tenure.
[right][post="157943"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I was confident. They had hired outside the Brown family system (no Leblow, no Coslet, etc.) and they hired somebody who had had some success with other teams. Whether that confidence was founded or not, the front office was at least making an effort to right the ship.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Cool JJ' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:37 AM']he cried? what a baby...

when Nate was carted off he flexed..
[right][post="157771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sure you're not talking about Tony Williams?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:06 PM']this thread has taken a sharpe turn to hilarious...
yaaaaahhh
[right][post="158515"][/post][/right][/quote]

You like it when us old folks get pissed, don't you?
B)

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 27 2005, 02:15 PM'][i][b]More irony.... me and BengalBacker agreeing  :thumbsup:

you see injuries bring us closer together[/b][/i]
[right][post="158603"][/post][/right][/quote]

Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img]

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 27 2005, 02:17 PM']Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]
[right][post="158652"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Well, at least some good has come of this...

Now we can get back to more important issues, like discussing even more Bengals victories to come in the 2005 season.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 27 2005, 01:26 PM']You like it when us old folks get pissed, don't you?
B)
[right][post="158582"][/post][/right][/quote]

indeed, you fellers get all in a frenzy when we hide your metamucil...

[img]http://www.shopfree.com/offerimages/meta250_150.gif[/img]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 27 2005, 09:33 PM']indeed, you fellers get all in a frenzy when we hide your metamucil...

[img]http://www.shopfree.com/offerimages/meta250_150.gif[/img]
[right][post="158800"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Damn whippersnappers....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived