First post

CalifBengalfan

Ok here goes guy`s and gals,
This is my first post, so here`s your beer Beotch, all the way from California :) . Bengals fan since 82 Superbowl. 11 years old at the time.(cool unis) Been lurking since JT`s board went down and BJ posted a link to this one. Thanks BJ. Special thanks to Go for the site and thanks everyone for all the info and pics.
The reason I am posting now is I am flying in for the whoopin on the Texans. I am wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel to stay in, or if I should stay right in downtown or somewhere on the outskirts of town. So far the Terrace hotel is one of the cheapest and is within walking distance to the stadium, at least thats what the hotel info states. Doesn`t look like my wife is going to be able to come so I am not too picky on the hotel, but I don`t know anything about the Terrace hotel and don`t want to be in a dumpy or dangerous area either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again. Whoooo Deeeeyyy!!!! 3-0 YEEEE HAAAAAA

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:13 AM']Ok here goes guy`s and gals,
This is my first post, so here`s your beer Beotch, all the way from California :) . Bengals fan since 82 Superbowl. 11 years old at the time.(cool unis)  Been lurking since JT`s board went down and BJ posted a link to this one. Thanks BJ. Special thanks to Go for the site and thanks everyone for all the info and pics.
The reason I am posting now is I am flying in for the whoopin on the Texans. I am wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel to stay in, or if I should stay right in downtown or somewhere on the outskirts of town. So far the Terrace hotel is one of the cheapest and is within walking distance to the stadium, at least thats what the hotel info states. Doesn`t look like my wife is going to be able to come so I am not too picky on the hotel, but I don`t know anything about the Terrace hotel and don`t want to be in a dumpy or dangerous area either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.  Whoooo Deeeeyyy!!!!    3-0 YEEEE HAAAAAA
[right][post="157611"][/post][/right][/quote]

wow how ironic is it we have a calibengalfan and a califbengalfan :blink: anywho, whats that hotel gonna cost per night???

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:13 AM']Ok here goes guy`s and gals,
This is my first post, so here`s your beer Beotch, all the way from California :) . Bengals fan since 82 Superbowl. 11 years old at the time.(cool unis)  Been lurking since JT`s board went down and BJ posted a link to this one. Thanks BJ. Special thanks to Go for the site and thanks everyone for all the info and pics.
The reason I am posting now is I am flying in for the whoopin on the Texans. I am wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel to stay in, or if I should stay right in downtown or somewhere on the outskirts of town. So far the Terrace hotel is one of the cheapest and is within walking distance to the stadium, at least thats what the hotel info states. Doesn`t look like my wife is going to be able to come so I am not too picky on the hotel, but I don`t know anything about the Terrace hotel and don`t want to be in a dumpy or dangerous area either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.  Whoooo Deeeeyyy!!!!    3-0 YEEEE HAAAAAA
[right][post="157611"][/post][/right][/quote]

'Bout time you stopped lurking and joined the madness. I'm in Dayton so I can't help you but I'm sure some of the locals can.

Welcome to the board !!!

The wife and I like to stay at the Comfort Suites over in Newport. Downtown Cincinnati tends to roll up the sidewalks at night and there seem to be a lot more things to do over in Newport. Newport on the Levee, Hooters, Hofbrauhaus, lots of restaurants by the hotel, etc. etc. You can take the boat from Hooters to and from the game too. Rooms are big, rates are under $100, and there's wireless internet included (if that matters [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] ).

[url="http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=IR1n.vHtXggyEu.1&hotel=KY008&sarea=10144&sname=Newport&sstate=KY&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=39.091529846191406&slon=-84.495849609375&schain=CS&exp=&scity=Newport&sort=&nadult=1&nchild=0"]Clicky.[/url]

The Terrace is on 6th, between Walnut and Vine, I think. It an ok location, in the Business District.... Yeah, that area of downtown is slow on weekends, but you are close to the stadium. From there, anywhere else you want to go is a $5 cab ride. Newport, Mt Adams, Covington..... or you can walk to any of those areas if its nice and you have about 1-2 miles of gas left in your shoes. Main St. Entertainment district is also not far away. You are also really close to the tailgainting lots, so pick yourself up a 12 pack saturday night (you cant buy beer in a store on sunday morning), and meet up with any of the other 60,000 fans out drinking. Or, you are a hop-skip-and a jump away from bars such as Omalleys in the Alley, or Head First Saloon (Pete rose refernce), which are hopping with fans on sundays.

Thanks for pointing that out Natti :blush: I was just checking the Bears boards last night from the links here and tried to come up with a name. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] Sorry to Cali I`m not very original and has been a pain in the arse to get a descent name. I will change my name as soon as I can.
Thank`s to all for the warm welcome and all the input. The Terrace is about $240 with a car rental for three days. I am not too worried about the party scene, I just want to be in the middle of Bengal Madness. I will have a rental car so will be venturing the city anyways looking for Bengal stuff you can`t find on the internet and checking out the city. Thanks for the link Buckwoody. I checked the prices and the Terrace has been the cheapest so far. I won`t have the wife with me so quality and comfert is not the biggest thing. Thanks again

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' date='Sep 26 2005, 07:08 PM']Thanks for pointing that out Natti :blush:   I was just checking the Bears boards last night from the links here and tried to come up with a name. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] Sorry to Cali  I`m not very original and has been a pain in the arse to get a descent name. I will change my name as soon as I can.
Thank`s to all for the warm welcome and all the input. The Terrace is about $240 with a car rental for three days. I am not too worried about the party scene, I just want to be in the middle of Bengal Madness. I will have a rental car so will be venturing the city anyways looking for Bengal stuff you can`t find on the internet and checking out the city. Thanks for the link Buckwoody.  I checked the prices and the Terrace has been the cheapest so far. I won`t have the wife with me so quality and comfert is not the biggest thing. Thanks again
[right][post="158092"][/post][/right][/quote]

ITS ALL GOOD!!! and if your not interested in comfort of class, there is a knights in about 15 mins or so from the stadium in kentucky thats around $40 per night! check into it!

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' date='Sep 26 2005, 04:08 PM']Thanks for pointing that out Natti :blush:   I was just checking the Bears boards last night from the links here and tried to come up with a name. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] Sorry to Cali  I`m not very original and has been a pain in the arse to get a descent name. I will change my name as soon as I can.[right][post="158092"][/post][/right][/quote]

Haha, don't worry about it. I barely ever post, just love to read everyone's thoughts and opinions. Hope you didn't change your name, I won't be [u]cali[/u]bengalfan for much longer, I'll be moving to Oregon in a few weeks. Nice to know there's more fans on the west coast, sometimes I feel like the only one.

[quote name='calibengalfan' date='Oct 8 2005, 08:45 PM']Haha, don't worry about it. I barely ever post, just love to read everyone's thoughts and opinions. Hope you didn't change your name, I won't be [u]cali[/u]bengalfan for much longer, I'll be moving to Oregon in a few weeks. Nice to know there's more fans on the west coast, sometimes I feel like the only one.
[right][post="165047"][/post][/right][/quote]

damn you CALIbengalfan... you need to post more often! i see you lurking around quite often but you remain silent! :rant:

[quote name='calibengalfan' date='Oct 8 2005, 05:45 PM']Haha, don't worry about it. I barely ever post, just love to read everyone's thoughts and opinions. Hope you didn't change your name, I won't be [u]cali[/u]bengalfan for much longer, I'll be moving to Oregon in a few weeks. Nice to know there's more fans on the west coast, sometimes I feel like the only one.
[right][post="165047"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Thanks Cali, I have not changed yet. I could not figure out how to do it and did not figure out a good name yet either. And since you don`t mind, I will keep the name. Thanks

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='CalifBengalfan' date='Oct 11 2005, 12:35 PM']Thanks Cali, I have not changed yet. I could not figure out how to do it and did not figure out a good name yet either. And since you don`t mind, I will keep the name. Thanks
[right][post="167654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

if you do want to change it, you have to pm go... he is the only one that can change it...

Thanks for the info Rick.
Hey Backer, actually was not the best. Flying standby sucks. Missed a number of flights, had to stay the night in Dallas Friday. Pay for extra hotel with no reimbursement from my hotel reservations in Cincy or rental car. Wife could not go. Sold my extra ticket to a scalper. And then had to listen to some drunk asshole about 5 rows back screaming at Marvin Lewis for about three quarters about how all the penalty`s were on him, his fault blah blah blah. I couldn`t believe someone was screamin on Marvin like that without someone telling him to shut the fuck up. Finally shut up around the 4th qtr. And then the boys took it easy on Carr and co. to make it a stressful win, instead of kickin ass like I was hoping.
But I did get all geeked up just sitting there, fireworks going off when the team was coming out, it was a cool moment. And during warmups Reggie Myles threw me the football he was throwing in the stands and that was cool. :D
And the next time I will take others advice about not staying right in downtown. Thanks for asking, wish you could have made it.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' date='Oct 12 2005, 03:34 PM']Thanks for the info Rick.
Hey Backer, actually was not the best. Flying standby sucks. Missed a number of flights, had to stay the night in Dallas Friday. Pay for extra hotel with no reimbursement from my hotel reservations in Cincy or rental car. Wife could not go. Sold my extra ticket to a scalper. And then had to listen to some drunk asshole about 5 rows back screaming at Marvin Lewis for about three quarters about how all the penalty`s were on him, his fault blah blah blah. I couldn`t believe someone was screamin on Marvin like that without someone telling him to shut the fuck up. Finally shut up around the 4th qtr.  And then the boys took it easy on Carr and co. to make it a stressful win, instead of kickin ass like I was hoping.
But I did get all geeked up just sitting there, fireworks going off when the team was coming out, it was a cool moment. And during warmups Reggie Myles threw me the football he was throwing in the stands and that was cool. :D
And the next time I will take others advice about not staying right in downtown. Thanks for asking, wish you could have made it.
[right][post="168459"][/post][/right][/quote]

Damn. Sorry it wasn't a very good experience. Wish I could have gone. Most years I go to most games, but my new job is cramping my style this year. <_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:28 AM']Damn. Sorry it wasn't a very good experience. Wish I could have gone. Most years I go to most games, but my new job is cramping my style this year.  <_<
[right][post="168692"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yep, mans got to have his priorities straight. Sounds like you need a new job! :D

Archived