You coach the Texans , How do you Win this week?

Guest TheBeaverHunter
Put 8 guys in the box and run stunts. Double Chad and have the ss cheat on TJ. Wait for the Bengals to punt 11 times and then let DD run all over the D.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='Sep 28 2005, 10:18 AM']Put 8 guys in the box and run stunts.  Double Chad and have the ss cheat on TJ.  Wait for the Bengals to punt 11 times and then let DD run all over the D.
[right][post="159037"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Strong safety on ANY of our WRs? That equates to a LONG day for that poor guy. I don't stack the line at all, I invite the run and try to keep things in front of my defense. I keep my safeties back and offering help to corners esp. on Chad's side. I force the Bengals to be consistent on offense instead of hitting homeruns and having balls thrown over my players heads.

Really, the only way I see is to bring a mad pass rush. Send 7 or 8 guys consistently. Try to overwhelm the o-line. If Palmer has time to drop back, combined with the receivers getting open, he'll kill them. Try to make him throw off 3 step drops or hurry him. Additionally, sending blitzers might keep the RB in the backfield for pass protection. Of course, this leaves the secondary open big time to concede big plays. E.g. like the simple slant to Braylon Edwards (vs. Green Bay) that turns into a 80 yard TD because GB sent the house.

Crowd the field. CP seems to have the out routes down pat, but still has the tendency to try to zip the ball in the middle of the field. Mostly cause he has confidence in his arm. Either using coverage, or spreading the line or the linebackers, do not leave outside / sideline routes open. Try to force the game into the middle of the field, crowd that area with your DBs and safeties, hope he tries to force it in there. What Pomallallaheynonnynonny did with the Steelers last year for example.

Finally, double CJ. Defensive back, and a safety shaded over. While we have a lot of weapons, getting CJ going is key to our game. Any time he isn't involved, the offence does seem to droop. Additionally, he can get angry and start demanding the ball. Again causing Palmer to try to force it. He loves to get his touches. If you can stop him doing that...you can take him out of the game. The rest of the offence feeds off him as well.

Running game: Force Rudi to go outside. Stack the middle on running downs. Rudi has the art of running between the tackles, and behind the guards down to a science. Espcially that little split second pause to let Bobby "Blue Whale" Williams and Steinbach blow someone up and create the hole. He's not that comfortable, running it outside. Try to force him outside. He can still bust a big one on the outside (Denver game last year) but he's more comfortable running inside.

Guest TheBeaverHunter
[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:23 AM']Strong safety on ANY of our WRs?  That equates to a LONG day for that poor guy.  I don't stack the line at all, I invite the run and try to keep things in front of my defense.  I keep my safeties back and offering help to corners esp. on Chad's side.  I force the Bengals to be consistent on offense instead of hitting homeruns and having balls thrown over my players heads.
[right][post="159040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I said our SS cheat (take away the inside) on the WR to spy on slants and crosses.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:26 AM']I said our SS cheat (take away the inside) on the WR to spy on slants and crosses.
[right][post="159043"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
that means you have 12 players on the field. If there are 8 in the box then the safety is on the line and you have 2 on chad and one left for TJ. Cant cheat a player in the middle that is already at the line of scrimmage.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='Sep 28 2005, 10:18 AM']Put 8 guys in the box and run stunts.  Double Chad and have the ss cheat on TJ.  Wait for the Bengals to punt 11 times and then let DD run all over the D.

8 in the box and double chad?? that leaves one guy to cover tj and the te/perry/3rd reciever...

not sure if that will work...

Guest oldschooler

The Texans don`t have the horses to run with the Bengals.

Their best bet and only hope is for Marvin to be in a car
wreck or have a heart attack or something.

No but really...if they come out flying to the ball on Defense.
And can find a way to run the ball, protect Carr...they have a chance.
A slight one though...

I`m sorry...I just can`t take this thread serious. :pointlaff:

The Texans HAVE NO CHANCE !!!!!! :headbang:

The Texans are coming off a bye, with a chance to change some looks.

If they have any pride this might be seen as the equivalent of a playoff game. Beating us would give them a huge rush and ruin a lot of our momentum.

Thats NFL players on the team and we beat them by 7, at home, the last time we played.

Granted ... we are way better but if we screw around and fail to take this team seriously,
we are going to embarass ourselves and play way below our potential.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]how do you win this week if the Texans[/quote]

[b]
Not show up.....

the embarassment will be nothing in comparison to the Ass Whooping that will be handed out[/b]

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Sep 28 2005, 08:25 AM']Really, the only way I see is to bring a mad pass rush. Send 7 or 8 guys consistently. Try to overwhelm the o-line. If Palmer has time to drop back, combined with the receivers getting open, he'll kill them. Try to make him throw off 3 step drops or hurry him. Additionally, sending blitzers might keep the RB in the backfield for pass protection. Of course, this leaves the secondary open big time to concede big plays. E.g. like the simple slant to Braylon Edwards (vs. Green Bay) that turns into a 80 yard TD because GB sent the house.

Finally, double CJ. Defensive back, and a safety shaded over. While we have a lot of weapons, getting CJ going is key to our game. Any time he isn't involved, the offence does seem to droop. Additionally, he can get angry and start demanding the ball. Again causing Palmer to try to force it. He loves to get his touches. If you can stop him doing that...you can take him out of the game. The rest of the offence feeds off him as well.

[right][post="159041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If the Texans attempt to blitz Carson, they're gonna get scorched. Chris Perry or Matt Schobel is gonna kill them on the hot reads. TJ or Chris Henry one on one with one of the CB? Again, the timing patterns are gonna kill the Texans.

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]there is nothing the Texans can do.... just show up, collect their paychecks, and stay the fuck out of the way of this Superbowl Machine

They can't win, so they should just try to avoid injury, and get out of the jungle in one piece [/b][/i]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:18 AM']Put 8 guys in the box and run stunts.  Double Chad and have the ss cheat on TJ.  Wait for the Bengals to punt 11 times and then let DD run all over the D.

8 in the box?? and 2 on chad....

ok so that leaves henry in single coverage or tj in single coverage....no way we don't air it up on them constantly.

[quote name='knomage' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:27 PM']The Texans are coming off a bye,  with a chance to change some looks.

If they have any pride  this might be seen as the equivalent of a playoff game. Beating us would give them a huge rush and ruin a lot of our momentum.

[b]Thats NFL players on the team  and we beat them by 7, at home,  the last time we played[/b].

Granted ...  we are way better  but if we screw around and fail to take this team seriously, 
we are going to embarass ourselves and play way below our potential.
[right][post="159123"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
didnt we win like 38-3 last time we played them??

Archived