Soldier Field Experience

A little late but whatever...

Well, I’m still trying to recover from what was a long four-day weekend in the windy city. Drank a lot of booze and went to a lot of bars. Got surprised early in the week on how many Bengal fans I was seeing in Chi-town. On Saturday went to ESPN Zone and saw at least 10 Bengal fans there or so, which gave me a cuddly wuddly experience inside. Saturday night went to a bar and chilled, thought I was surrounded by a bunch of asshole Bear fans, but when one Bengal fan came in sporting his jersey, the place erupted around me in “WHO-DEY!!!” That was pretty fucking cool. :headbang:

Sunday, woke up, took bong rips for bout an hour then caught a cab. The cab smelled like a mixture of garlic and burnt ass hair. Could have been worse though, the cabbie could have been playing music, but luckily for us he was listening to what sounded like a motivational speaker, couldn’t really tell though since I don’t speak terrorist. <_<

After getting dropped off, bout an hour before game time or so, we went up to the stadium and proceeded to be stunned by the amount of Bengal paraphernalia I was witnessing. It was pretty cool, the Who-Dey chant was loud and obnoxious, the way it should be, while we were walking up the ramps to our nosebleed section.

Our seats were all right in the corner, up top, by a LOT of Bengal fans and by one big Bears tool who wanted to annoy the shit out of me. It was obvious he didn’t know much about the Bengals, football, and life in general, but luckily he shut his fatass mouth pretty quickly. Game was great, great view of Chad’s first celebration dance. :afropic:

After the game, walking back to catch the bus, there was a huge crowd of Bengal fans (300 or so) in a circle holding what I like to think was a pep rally, chanting Who Dey and singing various Bengal toons. It was awesome and I was very impressed and pleased with Bengal nation, it seems we travel well.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I’ve been to two away games now, at Pitt in 03 and now Chicago. The Bear fans were really cool and didn’t try to start too much shit. Very hospitable city and will definitely go the next time Cincy is playing at Soldier. :wub:

Archived