This is what is REAL

Guest BengalLady

Guest BengalLady

My husband wrote this to someone, and after I read it, I once and for all figured out why our country is doing what we are doing.

I recently read several letters indicating the enormous waste of life in the war in Iraq. I would have to agree that too many people have died in that country. The political leanings of the authors were not disclosed. I will state mine. I tend to vote for the "conservative" candidate.

But before we go assigning condemnation, please, I beg you, compare the number of people who have died in the war to the number of people who died in an average year under the regime that has been in Iraq. And make one final comparison, how many innocent, unborn have been killed in the US since this war started?

One candidate opposes abortion and signed a law forbidding the practice of partially delivering a child and then killing it. That same candidate took over a country that consistently threatened and attempted to use weapons capable of killing large numbers of people and often threatened our own country verbally and cheered when 3000 of our citizens were killed. And this man expresses sorrow for those who have died in all parts of this.

One candidate opposes abortion and voted against a law forbidding the practice of partially delivering a child and then killing it. That same candidate has no record of using his highly visible position to discourage abortion, though he claims religious opposition to it. I will not argue with him whether he can force a religious opinion on the country. That same candidate voted to authorize the president to go to war in Iraq, even without help from allies, who we have found out since had an extensive financial stake in Iraq. That same candidate said in 1998 that the United States should pre-emptively attack Iraq.

Guest BengalLady
So you are voting for Bush because your husband thinks it's a good idea.

Wow, that's great.  Way to form your own opinion. 

Now how about you go fix some biscuits.

iron_my_shirt.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn, I knew that was coming.

And the answer is NO!!!! He just has a better way of putting what I am thinking into words. We disagree on alot of things. Just not this.

And about the Biscuits, I try not to cook as much as possible.

Archived