No practice for A.J. Green, no decision for Sunday

No practice for A.J. Green, no decision for Sunday
Posted by Josh Alper on October 22, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

The Bengals are 0-2-1 in their last three games and getting wide receiver A.J. Green back in the lineup would be a good way to increase the chances that their winless streak ends at three games.

Green said Tuesday that his injured toe feels better, but it wasn’t feeling well enough for him to practice with the team on Wednesday. Geoff Hobson of the team’s website reports that Green worked on a rehab field while his teammates went through their first practice ahead of Sunday’s crucial matchup with the Ravens in Cincinnati.

Coach Marvin Lewis said before practice that Green wouldn’t play until he is “significantly healed,” but left the door open for Green to play even if he couldn’t go the distance.

“It’s hard for me to put a guy out there Sunday that I don’t think can last a full game,” Lewis said. “If we have A.J. for part of the game doing certain things, that would be great. I think we could operate offensively … I guess we’ll cross that bridge when the time comes.”

Given the importance of this game to the Bengals, 20 plays with Green sounds a lot better than zero plays with Green but it will likely still be a few days before we know if that’s a possibility.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/22/no-practice-for-a-j-green-no-decision-for-sunday/

Archived