Just Wondering?

I like Lance's shows. He is likely the most well prepared talk show host that I have ever heard. Now that I have stated that----------

Lance and the Bengals-----he is just like 99.9% of the other Bengals fans out there. Just like the ones on this board. He is not looking into the foundation of how a team is built and he is not looking to the future. He only wants results----that is victories.

When Rudi goes off for 202---he wants Rudi signed at any price. When Carson has a bad game---he was a wasted pick and on and on.

Success is coming-------------soon!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off Lance is not like 99.9% of the Bengals fans out there. Second five games in to the season he was saying how Rudi was not the RB of the future for this team, and not untill he rips off 202 he thinks he should be signed, he also in so many words said CP should be benched. I understand that it is job to say things that stir the pot! But at least leave your self a little dignity! As far as the Bengals fans i know, yes the Bengals have hade a tuff time of it this year! But if you know anything about this game, when ML took over this team it was in the crapper. And i know i for one wanted him to build his own team (and that is what he has done). And to do that the Bengals would have a couple of rough seasons (and they have). But to openly bash them is wrong, there is a rebuilding of this team going on and it seems to be working.

You can not expect ML to come in here a sign FA's just because he is here? He needs to show the leauge that this team is truly on track before players want to come here! Yo can not fix over a decade of losing in a couple of seasons.

Do not get me wrong there is nothing wrong with pointing out what needs to be improved upon, but act like nothing is changing is crazy! And if you have been a fan of the Bengals for any lenght of time, then you know things are changing for the better.

I know Lance is a Bengals fan, but he is the type of fan i can not fucking stand. He is a so called bandwagon jumper, and wants you to keep his seat warm for him! Bullshit eithier you stick with your team and point out what you think needs fixed, and also point out the postives (which there are many). Our go get yourself a pacifier and stick in your pie hole!

Guest BengalLady
First off Lance is not like 99.9% of the Bengals fans out there. Second five games in to the season he was saying how Rudi was not the RB of the future for this team, and not untill he rips off 202 he thinks he should be signed, he also in so many words said CP should be benched. I understand that it is job to say things that stir the pot! But at least leave your self a little dignity! As far as the Bengals fans i know, yes the Bengals have hade a tuff time of it this year! But if you know anything about this game, when ML took over this team it was in the crapper. And i know i for one wanted him to build his own team (and that is what he has done). And to do that the Bengals would have a couple of rough seasons (and they have). But to openly bash them is wrong, there is a rebuilding of this team going on and it seems to be working.

You can not expect ML to come in here a sign FA's just because he is here? He needs to show the leauge that this team is truly on track before players want to come here! Yo can not fix over a decade of losing in a couple of seasons.

Do not get me wrong there is nothing wrong with pointing out what needs to be improved upon, but act like nothing is changing is crazy! And if you have been a fan of the Bengals for any lenght of time, then you know things are changing for the better.

I know Lance is a Bengals fan, but he is the type of fan i can not fucking stand. He is a so called bandwagon jumper, and wants you to keep his seat warm for him! Bullshit eithier you stick with your team and point out what you think needs fixed, and also point out the postives (which there are many). Our go get yourself a pacifier and stick in your pie hole!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. He is not a damn fan. I don't know what he is. Jerk!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are absolutely 100% unequivocally wrong about Lance. Peroid . He has said in Marvin We Trust from the beginning. We all had a little doubt creep in our minds with the slow start the Bengals had. Years and years of suffering has taken its toll on all of us. We expect things to go wrong. How many times during a game did you say to yourself,"Here we go again"? Marvin has us moving in the right direction, but the changing of mentality of the fan base is a slow process. When the Bengals come out with a lazy, poor, unprpared performance it feels just like a lose with Shula. It's OK to be a homer like most of us are, but it's also OK to get a little "here we go again" anxiety.

You are absolutely 100% unequivocally wrong about Lance. Peroid . He has said in Marvin We Trust from the beginning. We all had a little doubt creep in our minds with the slow start the Bengals had. Years and years of suffering has taken its toll on all of us. We expect things to go wrong. How many times during a game did you say to yourself,"Here we go again"? Marvin has us moving in the right direction, but the changing of mentality of the fan base is a slow process. When the Bengals come out with a lazy, poor, unprpared performance it feels just like a lose with Shula. It's OK to be a homer like most of us are, but it's also OK to get a little "here we go again" anxiety.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not going to say i have never said "here we go again", but i dont procalim to the damn city! Second yes he dis say "in ML we trust", but he was also second guessing that ! And as far as the Bengals geting of to a slow start, if anyone thought this team was going to jump out the starting blocks like Bonds on steriods you are crazy! This team had major injuries early, basically a rookie QB! And if you thought this team would be better than 8-8 i want some of what you have been smoking!

My point is if he is such a fan of the Bengals, dont come out and blast them on the radio, there is a true rebuilding process going on here. Let in unfold, and if in the next couple of years it is still broke, well then you can.........

I am not going to say i have never said "here we go again", but i dont procalim to the damn city! Second yes he dis say "in ML we trust", but he was also second guessing that ! And as far as the Bengals geting of to a slow start, if anyone thought this team was going to jump out the starting blocks like Bonds on steriods you are crazy! This team had major injuries early, basically a rookie QB! And if you thought this team would be better than 8-8 i want some of what you have been smoking!

My point is if he is such a fan of the Bengals, dont come out and blast them on the radio, there is a true rebuilding process going on here. Let in unfold, and if in the next couple of years it is still broke, well then you can.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's his job to spark conversation. That's what he is doing....we're talking about it. ;)

Guest mongoloido

Lance is funny as long as you don't take him seriously. He truly does manage to change his mind mid-sentence from time to time. Astonishing. And yes, I sent him an email that got chopped up, read out of context, and made to argue against the point I was arguing for (That was frustrating to hear some of my words used against me because he disagreed).

However, if you turn on his show to listen to the comedy of a nutball talking sports, it's pretty entertaining. He's the joke that doesn't understand that he is the joke, and still manages to throw some interesting sports information out there. I tune on his show whenever I'm in the car and enjoy the shenanigans. That said, I'd still beat him to death with a $7, plastic, stadium beer bottle if he ever sat near me and opened his mouth during a game.

Lance is funny as long as you don't take him seriously. He truly does manage to change his mind mid-sentence from time to time. Astonishing. And yes, I sent him an email that got chopped up, read out of context, and made to argue against the point I was arguing for (That was frustrating to hear some of my words used against me because he disagreed).

However, if you turn on his show to listen to the comedy of a nutball talking sports, it's pretty entertaining. He's the joke that doesn't understand that he is the joke, and still manages to throw some interesting sports information out there. I tune on his show whenever I'm in the car and enjoy the shenanigans. That said, I'd still beat him to death with a $7, plastic, stadium beer bottle if he ever sat near me and opened his mouth during a game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't take this wrong!!

One thing I don't like about his show is the callers that always ask about Casey. We are all happy the kid is better, but when the three callers before you have said the same thing...please don't ask. When he was on 1160BOB he was my least favorite host. I liked Big Dog, the Fish, and the two angry guys better.

Guest mongoloido

BTW: Is it okay to think guys like Jim Rome and JT The Brick are kinda stupid? If I wanted to listen to stupid people talk shit all the time, I'd hang out on CLeveland Browns message board. WTF is wrong with having callers who want to discuss a topic instead of trash talking? Drives me nuts when pandering to the lowest common denominator means giving people who shouldn't be allowed to breed a national pulpit.

Archived